Wednesday, August 2, 2006
THIS TIME IT’S WAR have parted ways with vocalist Reeves Hankins and are actively looking for a replacement. The split was noted as “personal”, with the two parties parting on “good terms”. Upcoming shows and performances “will not be affected”.
Those interested in trying out – read on:
– We need someone who is at least 18 years old and who is out of high school.
– We are located in Richmond, VA. If you don’t live in this area, that’s fine as long as you are either able to make it to practices or relocate here.
– You should be willing to be able to practice at least 2-4 nights a week.
– You must be able to tour RIGHT AWAY. We plan on touring 270+ days a year, if you can’t tour, we aren’t interested. This band is more than a hobby to us, it is a full time job.
– Previous band experience is almost a must-have, but if you’re good enough then we might be able to look past that.
– We want someone with an incredible vocal range (lows, mids, and highs). We are looking for someone who is mainly a screamer… clean vocals are not necessary, but if you can do them that’s great.
– We want someone who can write lyrics. It’s a rare day when one of us can write good lyrics.
– Be sure that you can scream for several days at a time. We need someone with a reliable voice, and if you can’t scream for a few days on tour without it blowing out then it won’t work out.
– We’re not interested in anyone with an ego or bad attitude. We want someone who is confident in their abilities and has good stage presence, but not a cocky frontman who tries to run the show. We’re all equal in this band.
– We have a new full length album recorded minus the vocals. If you plan to join, you should be ready to record as soon as possible.
– You must be a dedicated frontman. This means top notch stage presence at EVERY show. Someone who knows how to entertain a crowd. Please do not submit an entry if you have poor stage presence.
For more info email firstname.lastname@example.org.