Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Cattle Decapitation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Cattle Decapitation Website

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-09-2005, 02:42 PM   #1
born_to_lose

born_to_lose slam gang member
Talking Veggie Metal

Heeey I heard of CD a while back but dismissed them as garbage, but since I heard they are vegetarian ive been paying attention :)

Im a vegetarian myself, and big fan of Carcass. I was wondering are there any other veggie-metal bands out there? Preferably brutal ones which I can play into my neighbours garden while they are having a BBQ

born_to_lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 01:47 PM   #2
glitch

glitch slam gang member
does finding out they are vegitarian/vegan make them more ear pleasing? i dont get it.
glitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 07:34 PM   #3
born_to_lose

Quote:
Originally posted by glitch
does finding out they are vegitarian/vegan make them more ear pleasing? i dont get it.
Yes you're right. Novelty rules. :)
Old 07-11-2005, 04:57 PM   #4
Funeral Portrait

Funeral Portrait beat up jewski
Sleep Terror
Funeral Portrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:15 PM   #5
horhey
Urine Feces

horhey slam gang member
Quote:
Originally posted by Funeral Portrait
Sleep Terror
just the guitarist
horhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 02:27 PM   #6
veggielante

veggielante slam gang member
veggie metal

There are a lot of veg members of non-veg bands. Geezer Butler from Black Sabbath is vegan. Geoff Tate from Queensryche is vegan too. There are very few bands that are entirely vegan/vegetarian.

Being vegan doesn't make them better musicians, but if a band is good and they also deal with vegan issues, it makes it much more satisfying to me. Let's say that being vegan is not the point, but having vegan subject matter to me is a plus.

That's why I've set up my website, veggielante.com, to celebrate the union of metal and vegetarianism. Do visit us if you are interested. I'd like to see the bulletin board crowded with like-minded headbangers. I'm looking for content contributors. I even set up an interview to Mr. Travis, but I haven't heard back from him yet.
veggielante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:28 PM   #7
Luke

Luke slam gang member
Re: veggie metal

Quote:
Originally posted by veggielante
There are a lot of veg members of non-veg bands. Geezer Butler from Black Sabbath is vegan. Geoff Tate from Queensryche is vegan too. There are very few bands that are entirely vegan/vegetarian.

Being vegan doesn't make them better musicians, but if a band is good and they also deal with vegan issues, it makes it much more satisfying to me. Let's say that being vegan is not the point, but having vegan subject matter to me is a plus.

That's why I've set up my website, veggielante.com, to celebrate the union of metal and vegetarianism. Do visit us if you are interested. I'd like to see the bulletin board crowded with like-minded headbangers. I'm looking for content contributors. I even set up an interview to Mr. Travis, but I haven't heard back from him yet.

Good post. I had no idea Geezer was vegan. Interesting. Weird Al is vegan as well. \m/

I still think its amazing how one band can be vegan altogether like Earth Crisis for example. They stuck it out in the most militant way while taking a lot of shit for it like getting balled up hamburger meat thrown at 'em onstage on many o' nights. I tip my hat to bands like that who don't care what people think and take their beliefs to the extreme. Fuck the sellouts.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:20 PM   #8
veggielante

Re: Re: veggie metal

Quote:
Originally posted by Luke
Good post. I had no idea Geezer was vegan. Interesting. Weird Al is vegan as well. \m/
Here a Geezer interview - http://www.metal-sludge.com/main/ind...age&pageid=979- he mentions being a vegan three times. He also has links to PETA, Vegan Society and others on his website. It seems Bill Ward is mostly vegan too - http://www.black-sabbath.com/interviews/bwgbapr01.html

Some guy put up a list of metal musicians who are vegetarians online, some I didn't know about. Check out http://www.geocities.com/svipdaag/veggies/veggies.html

Quote:
Originally posted by Luke I still think its amazing how one band can be vegan altogether like Earth Crisis for example. They stuck it out in the most militant way while taking a lot of shit for it like getting balled up hamburger meat thrown at 'em onstage on many o' nights. I tip my hat to bands like that who don't care what people think and take their beliefs to the extreme. Fuck the sellouts.
I wanted to establish an animal rights themed technical grindcore band, but I couldn't find musicians who are into this kind of music AND are capable players AND are vegan. I gave up eventually and went back to playing in non-political bands.

There are vegan musicians out there, but a lot of times they are afraid to speak their mind because it might alienate some fans. Carnivores don't like being reminded of the ethical considerations or their complicity.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:23 PM   #9
veganjustice

veganjustice slam gang member
Apostle is a Vegan DeathMetal band.
veganjustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 02:14 AM   #10
Luke

Luke slam gang member
Quote:
Originally posted by veganjustice
Apostle is a Vegan DeathMetal band.
We talkin' vegan death metal now? Check out Vegan Uprise. Www.myspace.com/VeganUprise . :)
Old 07-21-2005, 02:16 AM   #11
Luke

Luke slam gang member
Re: Re: Re: veggie metal

Quote:
Here a Geezer interview - http://www.metal-sludge.com/main/ind...age&pageid=979- he mentions being a vegan three times. He also has links to PETA, Vegan Society and others on his website. It seems Bill Ward is mostly vegan too - http://www.black-sabbath.com/interviews/bwgbapr01.html

Some guy put up a list of metal musicians who are vegetarians online, some I didn't know about. Check out http://www.geocities.com/svipdaag/veggies/veggies.html

I wanted to establish an animal rights themed technical grindcore band, but I couldn't find musicians who are into this kind of music AND are capable players AND are vegan. I gave up eventually and went back to playing in non-political bands.

There are vegan musicians out there, but a lot of times they are afraid to speak their mind because it might alienate some fans. Carnivores don't like being reminded of the ethical considerations or their complicity.

Don't give up man, there's someone out there. I ain't takin in any vocalists who aren't vegan since I've decided to dedicate the rest of my life musically and personally towards this lifestyle and helping defenseless animals.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:17 AM   #12
scum
+

scum slam gang member
Fear Of God
scum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:44 PM   #13
born_to_lose

Re: veggie metal

Quote:
veggielante.com
Old 07-21-2005, 03:54 PM   #14
veggielante

Re: Re: veggie metal

Quote:
Originally posted by born_to_lose
Welcome aboard, born_to_lose! I dig your veggielante forum nick :) Add your current playlist in the metal section, when you have some time.

I should set up an 'introduce yourself' section. The forum could be a great place to gather the vegan metal troops. We are such a minority within a minority.

If we can get a critical mass of 15-20 participants, this can really take off.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:40 AM   #15
shroudofimpurity

shroudofimpurity slam gang member
Our(Decrepit Birth) drummer KC and bassist Risha are strict Vegans. Our Vocalist is a Vegetarian. I gave it a chance a while back, but it didn't last long. While I agree with a lot of the things vegans believe, I just cant help myself... carne asada burritos are too hard to pass up! But I'm not some big time meat eater, its not like I need to eat meat everyday, or even more than once a week. at the same time I just try and be respectful about peoples choices, I would never tell someone that their personal choice is unvalid, vegan or meat eater. I wouldn't want some Catholic bible thumper telling me that I'm a bad person because of my lifestyle, but at the same time if they believe in whats right for them and feel strong about it with out pushing their beliefs on me, I'm fine.
shroudofimpurity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:19 AM   #16
Shawn
GTFO, n00b.

Shawn is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah so do i.

btw... Two members of Between the Buried and Me are vegan.
Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 03:15 AM   #17
Disinfect

Disinfect slam gang member
Some more metal than others,

Green rage
Purification
Purified In Blood
Arkangel
Statement
Earth Crisis
Sunrise