SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Enthroned

Enthroned Website

Old 12-11-2006, 08:45 PM   #1
DARK USURPER
Usurper of the throne

Enthroned Covers...

Do any Enthroned cover songs exist? Not other bands covering Enthroned (because Im sure thats been done by pleanty) but Enthroned doing cover songs of other bands. What is Enthroned's stance on covers? Has it ever been considered to do a cover on an album or is this idea totally out of the question?
DARK USURPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:21 AM   #2
Mordbrann

There is of course the cover of Kreator's "Under The Guillotine" on the digi of XES Haereticum.
Mordbrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:02 AM   #3
Nornagest
Holy Moderator

We did several covers actually....
We choosed songs that meant something or just as another way to express/ show some of our musical influences.

We played/recorded covers of :

-Kreator "Under the Guillotine" ( on "Xes Haereticum" digi pack)
-Impaled Nazarene "The Horny and the Horned" (on "carnage in Worlds Beyond" Digi pack)
-Von "Devil's Pig" Live in 2002
-Sodom "The conqueror" ( on "Regie Sathanas" mcd)
-Death "Evil Dead" Live in 2003
-Venom "Witching Hour" (Recorded but never released)
Nornagest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:39 AM   #4
Moloc
Arizoth

So we can expect for a cover of Venom on Tetra Karcist
Moloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:30 PM   #5
Nornagest
Holy Moderator

Nope....

It was recorded in 2000, and Blackend has the rights on that one!

They never released it! I heard that it was released on a compilation or something but we never got our copies or never been warned, alos never saw it anywhere.

So...yeah! when labels are sooo honest and supportive towards their (ex) bands!!
Old 12-13-2006, 05:28 PM   #6
Moloc
Arizoth

Oh that's bad. It would be cool to hear a cover from Venom played by Enthroned. One of my favourite band playing a song from a cult band. It would be awsome.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:40 PM   #7
Morthvargr
Modern Heretic

I know this might be slightly off topic to this one, but I'm hoping my black metal band, Medea, could do a cover of "Spawn From the Abyss". I would love playing a cover of that tune live, in honour of Enthroned. Plus, I always got an interesting picture in my head of what a -- I hate to use this term - "music video" would have looked like for that song.

My compliments to you Nornagest.
Morthvargr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:02 PM   #8
Nornagest
Holy Moderator

Why don't you do it??
It would be interesting to hear it!

I already heard several bands covering enthroned and it's (sometimes) a honour to hear bands covering your own creations!
I mean sometimes because some bands do not get the meaning of those songs, like once a guy who played "Ultimate hordes fights" with his band told me it was such a cool song and they covered it because "it was a such real party and drinking tune!" ....

For the vidéo...I doubt it will ever happend...the meaning of the track and it's message is to deep to retranscribe it in a video, or we would need financial support as big as a "Lord of the Rings" prod' (which is obviously not gonna happend).
Old 12-14-2006, 05:22 AM   #9
DARK USURPER
Usurper of the throne

...speaking of which.

Correct me if Im wrong but I do believe it is true, one may perform LIVE material of another artists copywrited/liscensed music as long as there is no recording or further effects of the material. In other words, it is 100% legal to paly other peoples music live.

I would assume hearing your own covers can be a very mixed feeling. Sometimes refreshing (a little scary when they almost sound like you, eh?) Though there are also those that the band not only make fools of themselves but they are an embarasment to the band they pay tribute to. I find some bands (large or local) decide to pay tribute motivated by meaningful, personal and inspired reasons, while just as many others tend to be poorly slaped together just for the sake of "coolness" or to be further noticed. Seemingly bumping their egos slightly higher than they really belong! In most cases the results are only obvious just how important or nessessary it was for the band to do a cover. When done for the right reasons the result usually turns out quite nice.

Morthvargr, Im not sure if you were "asking" Nornagest about covering a song or if you were just telling. Although I find it only fair to "ask" in this situation. Still, I believe one could cover songs (LIVE) and the creator of them can not do a damn thing about it!

ps: on my 4th or 5th ale here!

Last edited by DARK USURPER; 12-14-2006 at 05:40 AM..
Old 12-14-2006, 05:47 AM   #10
Nornagest
Holy Moderator

indeed!
Old 12-14-2006, 06:25 PM   #11
Moloc
Arizoth

Me and my band were hoping that we can do cover from enthroned but we didn't find tabs of songs that were interesting us. Cause we try to play a song from enthroned by ears but we weren't able to do it. The only song from enthroned that I learn by ears was the bass intro on ''Vortex of Confusion''.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:58 PM   #12
enthroned
LEMNISCATE

check this out if you want tabs ;)

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com
enthroned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:19 PM   #13
Moloc
Arizoth

Thx for the linksbut I already visit it and the songs ( it's not because we don't like it) doesn't interest us. We were looking for something fuckin extreme and violent like Genocide or Radiance of Mordacity.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:56 PM   #14
DARK USURPER
Usurper of the throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moloc
or Radiance of Mordacity.
Good luck on playing that solo. Fucking blows my mind!
Old 12-15-2006, 07:37 PM   #15
Moloc
Arizoth

Yes you're right but you never heard my guitarist. You probably know the solo in conquer all from behemoth. He was taking fun by playing it faster and adding notes to the solo when we covered it in our last show. I was fuckin struck and since this day I venerate this guy.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:53 AM   #16
Nornagest
Holy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthroned
check this out if you want tabs ;)

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com
yeah, they have tabs of Enthroned, but they aren't really correct and simplified actually...

they always forgot notes here and there, plus some chords are completely wrong, but still, it's always nice tos ee that people are taking time to write down such things! :)

We never wrote down tabs, everytime we compose something it's comming from inside and we show our riffs to each others. In some rare occasions we write down something but we never send those things over internet.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:57 AM   #17
Moloc
Arizoth

Yes and that is a good thing because some bastards have no respect for the work ov other musician. It's really easy to translate a song but keepin the essential and stealing the work of people. It's really gay.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:11 AM   #18
Mordbrann

Didn't Blackened also put a live version of The Conqueror on the 2 disc version of Prophecies?
Mordbrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 08:25 AM   #19
Nornagest
Holy Moderator

yes, they did...good sound quality
Old 12-17-2006, 06:14 PM   #20
Morthvargr
Modern Heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nornagest
Why don't you do it??
It would be interesting to hear it!

I already heard several bands covering enthroned and it's (sometimes) a honour to hear bands covering your own creations!
I mean sometimes because some bands do not get the meaning of those songs, like once a guy who played "Ultimate hordes fights" with his band told me it was such a cool song and they covered it because "it was a such real party and drinking tune!" ....

For the vidéo...I doubt it will ever happend...the meaning of the track and it's message is to deep to retranscribe it in a video, or we would need financial support as big as a "Lord of the Rings" prod' (which is obviously not gonna happend).
We will do it as soon as my band gets back to rehearsing and gigging in the new year. Right now, everyone's winding down for the Christmas holidays, including myself. But we will hopefully start doing some gigs in the spring of next year. First, we have to rehearse and practice so we can cover "Spawn From the Abyss" and our own material as best as possible. But, I will definitely keep you posted on that. Especially if we begin recording our own demo(s).

I understand the meaning far more than some stupid-assed "drinking song". Sometimes "Spawn..." gets me riled up with emotional passion for fear, dread and risk. Sometimes it's so deep it moves me to tears, just like "I Am the Black Wizards" from Emperor does. You're welcome Nornagest for the compliment. I mean that sincerely.

As far as the "video" is concerned, I wasn't expecting there to ever be one produced for the song. That's just a representation of my imagination whenever I listen to "Spawn From the Abyss". I don't think that should ever be made public. My "image" from the song will remain in my mind and die with me.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:07 PM   #21
Moloc
Arizoth

What is the name of your band. Do you have a myspace or something like that?
Old 12-18-2006, 09:54 AM   #22
Udamt
Let them feast

My band Shrouded Kingdom was going to cover an Enthroned song. We actuallty recorded it but it was never pressed because i had to kick out our bass player, so it's on hold for now.

What in the hell is wrong with bass players?!
Udamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:41 PM   #23
Morthvargr
Modern Heretic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moloc
What is the name of your band. Do you have a myspace or something like that?
Thanks for the question Moloc. My black metal band is called Medea. It's the name of the Greek/Roman sorceress who was married to Jason of the Argonauts. Her father, as legend tells, was King Aetees of Colchis (now a territory in Georgia/former Soviet country).

Yes, we have a Myspace page. Thanks for asking that too. If you wanna check it out the address is:

http://www.myspace.com/medeametal

Check it out all you like. I'll even add you to the friends list if you want.