SMNnews Forums SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Cattle Decapitation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Cattle Decapitation Website

Old 04-05-2006, 04:52 PM   #1
butthole

butthole is on a distinguished road
CATTLE DECAPITATION DRUMMER SEARCH! NEW ALBUM DETAILS!!

Humans of earth:

It is now time to fill everyone in on the GORY details of late…

*CATTLE DECAPITATION DRUMMER SEARCH!!!
As of March, 2006 Michael Laughlin has left Cattle Decapitation for personal reasons. Unfortunately, this leaves us in the predicament of trying to fulfill our upcoming tour obligations without a drummer. Therefore we are asking drummers that would be interested in filling in for our upcoming tours with Necrophagist and From a Second Story Window (with the potential of becoming a permanent member)to submit a recording(audio or video)of themselves playing either the song "No Future" off of our split with Caninus and/or "Reduced to Paste" from Humanure. Let it be clear that we are not looking for creative interpretations of the songs. A calypso version of "Reduced to Paste" is not necessary. We would like for prospective drummers to be able to play hit for hit what is being performed on the above recordings. Either you have it or you don't.
Sloppy double-bass or slow blasting is not acceptable.

Our live set will be approximately 35 minutes a night for the aforementioned tours, so applicants should be prepared for a barrage of learning over the course of the next five weeks. Basically, we need a human drum machine. We plan to have 5-6 brand new unreleased songs in our set in addition to various selections from the split with Caninus, Humanure, To Serve Man and Human Jerky for a total of around 11 songs. We will provide able prospects with recordings of the unreleased songs upon reception of successfully rendered versions of No Future or Reduced to Paste. A link to No Future and REDUCED TO PASTE can be found on our My Space site: www.myspace.com/cattledecapitation.

These tours start May 11th. You may reach us at humanjerky2000@yahoo.com or at our Myspace.com page with submissions.

*ALBUM TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT!
Cattle Decapitation is happy to announce “Karma.Bloody.Karma.” as the title of the next record. NO, there is not any religious significance of the title. NO, the name does not imply that we’re “crazy vegans” trying to push our lifestyle onto people (as a lot of gabbing internet idiots like to pigeonhole us as). It is simply about the “greatest natural disaster of all time,” humanity, and revenge for its effect on this planet. This will be the most nihilistic, pessimistic and hateful record we’ve ever done lyrically, and musically you can expect, what one of our friends has said perfectly about it, a very “schitzophrenic” release! Imagine the Caninus split material, just longer in every way. Features guest appearances by Joey Karam(The Locust) and John Wiese(Sunn0))), Bastard Noise). Produced by Billy Anderson(Swans, Mr. Bungle, Melvins). Available June/July 2006!

Here’s the goddamn track list:
1. Intro
2. Unintelligent Design
3. Success Is…(Hanging By the Neck)
4. One Thousand Times Decapitation
5. The Carcass Derrick
6. Total Gore
7. Bereavement
8. Suspended In Coprolite
9. Alone At The Landfill
10. Karma.Bloody.Karma.
11. The New Dawn
12. Of Human Pride & Flatulence

Here is the album cover:

*NEW RHYTHM GUITAR PLAYER!
We have a new addition to Cattle Decapitation. A new second guitar player by the name of Kevin “Fetus” Bernier of L.A.’s Watch Me Burn/Fetus Eaters/Deadfood/Vomitcore Records. He’s been an amazing friend of ours since the beginning and we’re very excited to start playing live with him. We’ll try our hardest to have him ready for the Necrophagist tour!

*5/5/2000 – REFLEKTIONEN MUSIQUE CD NOW AVAILABLE!
The long awaited destructo-ambient masterpeice by Cattle Decapitation's Travis Ryan and Daft Alliance’s Nathan Berlinguette is NOW AVAILABLE!!! 40 minutes of electronic and organic apocalypse for fans of Sunn 0))), Lull, and Thomas Koner. Limited edition special packaging handmade and handnumbered of 100 copies will be available on a first come first serve basis!!! These copies will be available only via mailorder and a select few stores picked by Post Replica. Available only while supplies last. PAYPAL - $10 U.S. ppd/$12 international ppd to: postrepmedia@yahoo.com
Check www.myspace.com/552000 for sound clips and for more details on shows as they unfold!
butthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:42 PM   #2
Xeno

Xeno is on a distinguished road
sweet cant wait to hear, and maby go to you're show in seattle BTW nice cover
Xeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:08 PM   #3
fork
ilovesunnyleone

fork is on a distinguished road
i saw 4 or 5 new songs played last month.cant wait.
fork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:08 PM   #4
glitch

glitch is on a distinguished road
im gonna go practice my ass off now
glitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 06:49 PM   #5
butthole

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertoenvida
No, It's even worse than have a gory cover... you see... some people are affected by violence and blood and things like that. Some people wanto ban the cover because it is too explicit your their narrow minds. And others giva a damn about it.

Well, in this case you're using hindu god Shiva as the base for the illustration. Believe me guys, you're about to touch the most sensitive nerves of a lot of people, including the indian comunity. I don't really care, but they'll do. Remember what happened to the Aerosmith "Nine lives" cover? Take it for granted, you're searching for big troubles... Great!!!

Wanna know more about Shiva:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva

I definitely hear ya. Our name alone has pissed off the Hindu community. We showed up at a couple shows only to find out a Hindu organization was trying to ban the show. With a name like that, I don't expect too many Hindus to be too stoked on us anyhow. I DO remember the nine lives cover. They backed out of that cover because they didn't want to offend anyone. We can't get around the fact that we're going to offend people. That's just what happens with us. Why would we want to offend a very docile religion? We don't. We're a very misunderstood band and I don't blame people. Sorry to those who are offended by it. I'm offended by idolatry. That's why I turn crosses upside down. I'm not going to take the time to explain this cover on a message board... at least not right now.. I'm too busy.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:37 PM   #6
Mutant Christ
:jerkoff1f

Mutant Christ is on a distinguished road
WOW...

I am so skipping school to go and buy that as soon as it comes out...
Cant wait to hear IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mutant Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:26 AM   #7
Xeno

Xeno is on a distinguished road
anychance for it to come out sooner :-D
Xeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:02 PM   #8
muertoenvida

muertoenvida is on a distinguished road
We don't want explantions, it's a great cover. Those stupid and narrow-minded people who think you're attacking some religion or promoting violence are just that, stupid persons. We all wanna hear the new material, especially those who don't have the chance to see you live. Do you like my "alternative" cover?
muertoenvida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:46 PM   #9
gorotomy

gorotomy is on a distinguished road
Sweet shit dudes. Come to Saratoga Winners again :) That show w/ cryptopsy and skinless was awesome. I think it was your guys last show and the cryptopsy dudes and roadies totally dismantled the drumkit, and Jon started to fuck with the effect pedals and shit.

and i dont think hindus are going to be pissed. I read somewhere that shiva is like the god of marijuana in hindu religion and when the celeberate shiva they drink like weed milk and totally get stoned. seriosuly how can they get pissed about a weed god.
gorotomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 06:52 PM   #10
butthole

Yeah that's a nice alternate cover...hah...
Old 04-08-2006, 02:09 PM   #11
ChunkBlower

ChunkBlower is on a distinguished road
I like how the other albums had very serious topics but still had the gore,that was awesome,I was amazed by that,but I guess they're won't be that much gore in this one,kinda reminds me of Chuck Schuldiner from DEATH,his first two albums were total gore,and he got on more serious topics on the second one,but kept the gore,then till about the 3rd or 4th release there was like no gore,but they still kicked fucking ass! so yea,not that bummed about the lack of gore,don't really need it when you have a clever ass songwriter like Travis
ChunkBlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 09:32 PM   #12
butthole

Well gore metal got exploited, as all forms of music eventually do. Now there's billions of "goregrind" bands out there. I got 20 year old kids calling us false! When I got into gore and death that kid was 3 or 4 years old.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:49 PM   #13
skunk carcass

skunk carcass is on a distinguished road
looking forward to the new album. when exactly is it coming out?

and what the hell happened to Mike? i hope he left on good terms and theres no animosity. he was a great drummer and he'll be missed by some hardcore fans...
skunk carcass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:51 AM   #14
BLIMAMON

BLIMAMON is on a distinguished road
^^^ is that don?
BLIMAMON is offline   Reply With Quote