SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average. Display Modes
Old 05-20-2020, 02:38 PM   #1471
Dizzy Alpaca Party
My body is ready

Re: Good TV Shows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by (((OdiumNostrum View Post
S2 of The Shivering Truth has started recently, pure mindfuck, surprised that more people are not talking about it.
I gave up talking about Adult Swim stuff a while ago, as nobody usually has a clue what I'm talking about, and any attempts to explain it usually result in uncomfortable stares, lol.

That said, the new season is off to a fantastic start, Vernon hasn't lost his edge at all.

Still looking forward to new Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell, that's ended up being my favorite active series on there now that Heart She Holler is done.
Dizzy Alpaca Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:43 AM   #1472
Lichtbringer
Kellerstahl

Rep Power: 26 Lichtbringer beat up jewskiLichtbringer beat up jewskiLichtbringer beat up jewski

Dead to Me - I remember getting some minor enjoyment out of season 1, but this was just infuriatingly stupid. Despite some funny moments, the tearjerking is off the charts, annoying and doesn’t hit home at all. The show constantly and annoyingly shoves its awareness of social injustices down the viewer’s throats, but seems to think it’s acceptable to just kill a man who was verbally abusive and wants us to sympathize with a main character that’s just flat out ugly inside and out (Applegate looks like a scarecrow).
Lichtbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 03:35 PM   #1473
(((OdiumNostrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy Alpaca Party View Post
I gave up talking about Adult Swim stuff a while ago, as nobody usually has a clue what I'm talking about, and any attempts to explain it usually result in uncomfortable stares, lol.

That said, the new season is off to a fantastic start, Vernon hasn't lost his edge at all.

Still looking forward to new Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell, that's ended up being my favorite active series on there now that Heart She Holler is done.
I am not that familiar with the Adult Swim scene, only with the big ones like The Eric Andre Show tbh. I saw the trailer for "Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell"
prior to your mention and it didn't do much for me, but "Heart She Holler" looks absolutely bonkers, so I will surely put it to my watchlist, cheers.
(((OdiumNostrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:28 PM   #1474
Dizzy Alpaca Party
My body is ready

Quote:
I am not that familiar with the Adult Swim scene, only with the big ones like The Eric Andre Show tbh. I saw the trailer for "Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell"
prior to your mention and it didn't do much for me, but "Heart She Holler" looks absolutely bonkers, so I will surely put it to my watchlist, cheers.
IMO, The Heart, She Holler is the best thing Vernon Chatman has ever done. It's nuttier than a tree full of squirrels on laughing gas, downright disgusting at the best of times, disturbing at the worst, and fucking hilarious throughout.

Your pretty face is going to hell took me a little bit to get into. The first season left me mildly entertained but mostly nonplussed. Now that I've seen them all, it's easily in my top 5 for that network, it's funny as hell once you get a handle on the characters.

Also, if any of you are into Anime, check out Ballmasters. It's more of a parody of Anime tropes, but well written and the animation style is really cool. Also, if you don't like Anime, you should still watch it (I fucking hate anime lol), it's just funny in general.
Dizzy Alpaca Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:34 PM   #1475
ShadowHunter
violently violating

Rep Power: 22 ShadowHunter beat up jewskiShadowHunter beat up jewski

speaking of adult swim, Primal is the tits
ShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:19 AM   #1476
(((OdiumNostrum

As we are on the topic of wacko tv, does anyone know from which show (or a movie) is this clip? I stumbled upon this gif on some edgy meme page, but have zero context. Danger 5 would be my best bet but I have only seen 2 episodes so far so I cant confirm it:

https://streamable.com/m24xwe
Old 05-23-2020, 08:05 AM   #1477
ShadowHunter
violently violating

Rep Power: 22 ShadowHunter beat up jewskiShadowHunter beat up jewski

i have watched the entirety of Danger 5 and don't remember this scene
ShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 05:22 PM   #1478
alteredstate

Just watched Waco, totally surpassed by my expectations
alteredstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:47 AM   #1479
ApenguinInBondage
Wiener Poop

Quote:
As we are on the topic of wacko tv, does anyone know from which show (or a movie) is this clip? I stumbled upon this gif on some edgy meme page, but have zero context. Danger 5 would be my best bet but I have only seen 2 episodes so far so I cant confirm it:

https://streamable.com/m24xwe
It's not from Danger 5. I could see why you would think that because of the zi's. Go finish the series, amazing.
ApenguinInBondage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 03:38 PM   #1480
(((OdiumNostrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowHunter View Post
i have watched the entirety of Danger 5 and don't remember this scene
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApenguinInBondage View Post
It's not from Danger 5. I could see why you would think that because of the zi's. Go finish the series, amazing.
Bummer, I guess I will have to go to 4chan for them to sniff out the sauce, cheers.
Old 06-21-2020, 04:38 PM   #1481
Octavian

Peaky Blinders is a good show.
Octavian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 01:47 AM   #1482
Lichtbringer
Kellerstahl

Rep Power: 26 Lichtbringer beat up jewskiLichtbringer beat up jewskiLichtbringer beat up jewski

I just finished Bloodline. It was mostly a great albeit uncomfortable watch. However, it’s pretty incredible how badly the show went off the rails in season 3. I read they were told halfway through filming there wasn’t gonna be another season, which makes sense, considering how rushed everything felt. Still, did it have to be this nonsensical?
Lichtbringer is offline   Reply With Quote