SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Primordial

Primordial Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Old 02-27-2011, 07:27 AM   #61
Necrophant
█ █ █ █ █ █ █

lately i probably have played probably more hardcore punk and hip hop than metal but anyway: pretty much anything stoner. say kyuss, orange goblin, truckfighters, electric wizard, stone bride, down, crowbar, lowrider, brant bjork, kylesa, high on fire, the sword, nebula, alabama thunderpussy, melvins, sleep, witch

besides that: primordial, solstafir, razor, holy terror, slayer, metallica, anathema, paradise lost, black sabbath, katatonia, enslaved, darkthrone, satyricon, aura noir, deströyer 666, autopsy, nachtmystium, isis, neurosis, fields of the nephilim, blood revolt, nirvana (bleach!!), celtic frost, hellhammer, triptykon, dark fortress, candlemass, edge of sanity, the cumshots, watain, grave, sarcófago, altar of plagues, rotting christ, burzum (only the new two records haha), agrypnie, toxic holocaust, the crown, nychts, ahab, negura bunget, american headcharge, nocte obducta, imperium dekadenz, the dillinger escape plan, wolves inthe throne room, angst skvadron, grand magus, woods of ypres, deathhammer, down to agony, mayhem, voivod, void of silence, ministry, danzig

http://www.lastfm.de/user/Necrophant/
what ive been listening to the since 2006

as i said, lately for me its more the early prog rock, hendrix, funkadelic, sir lord baltimore, king crimson & stoner stuff, german and american oldschool rap, some psytrance, and stoner rock + a little bit of black/doom metal. oh and of course: crust and hardcore punk.

ive been listening to the new enslaved, triptykon, darkthrone and dark fortress records but besides that ive been pretty low on metal 2010. dont matter though it will get better this year.. probably in april or something. :)
Necrophant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #62
Detric

Been listening to a lot for hip-hop as well. Which groups/MC's?

Im listening to Company Flow at the moment, Funcrusher Plus to be more exact. The Infamous by Mobb Deep as well.. Havoc and Prodigy are such badass MC's.. And ofcourse Public Enemy's It takes a nation of million to hold us back. Great stuff.
Detric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #63
Necrophant
█ █ █ █ █ █ █

sean price, krs one, wu tang clan, kool keith, dr octagon, eazy e, mf doom, danger doom, madvillain, a tribe called quest, diamond district, project pat (kinda drops out of the line here haha)..
and luckily there are awesome german mcs too. lyricly often better than most from the US dont know why.. but we got a lot of weird experimental and kinda intelectual rap. like audio88 (88 for hip hop ;] )

my favorite mc is probably prezident. a guy from wuppertal. hes only putting out internet releases.. lyricly so strong hes worth learning the language haha
heavily influenced by such as bukowski, kafka, hemmingway or tom waits.
or as he says.. something between hunter s thompson and david lynch..

http://www.whiskeyrap.de/
Necrophant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #64
sknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophant View Post
lately i probably have played probably more hardcore punk and hip hop than metal but anyway: pretty much anything stoner. say kyuss, orange goblin, truckfighters, electric wizard, stone bride, down, crowbar, lowrider, brant bjork, kylesa, high on fire, the sword, nebula, alabama thunderpussy, melvins, sleep, witch

besides that: primordial, solstafir, razor, holy terror, slayer, metallica, anathema, paradise lost, black sabbath, katatonia, enslaved, darkthrone, satyricon, aura noir, deströyer 666, autopsy, nachtmystium, isis, neurosis, fields of the nephilim, blood revolt, nirvana (bleach!!), celtic frost, hellhammer, triptykon, dark fortress, candlemass, edge of sanity, the cumshots, watain, grave, sarcófago, altar of plagues, rotting christ, burzum (only the new two records haha), agrypnie, toxic holocaust, the crown, nychts, ahab, negura bunget, american headcharge, nocte obducta, imperium dekadenz, the dillinger escape plan, wolves inthe throne room, angst skvadron, grand magus, woods of ypres, deathhammer, down to agony, mayhem, voivod, void of silence, ministry, danzig

http://www.lastfm.de/user/Necrophant/
what ive been listening to the since 2006

as i said, lately for me its more the early prog rock, hendrix, funkadelic, sir lord baltimore, king crimson & stoner stuff, german and american oldschool rap, some psytrance, and stoner rock + a little bit of black/doom metal. oh and of course: crust and hardcore punk.

ive been listening to the new enslaved, triptykon, darkthrone and dark fortress records but besides that ive been pretty low on metal 2010. dont matter though it will get better this year.. probably in april or something. :)
Good playlist. I just saw a thread on the Triptykon-Celtic Frost-Hellhammer forum about Primordial, which brought me to samples and brought me right here. Strong music and very tight. Saw the bio where Primordial drew early on from Celtic Frost.

I've been big into stoner and doom for the last couple years as well. It was almost a revelation when I finally gave it a chance.
sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #65
TaraTyrsDottir

For me my taste in music seems to have changed as I have aged. I first got into metal when I was 14 and listened to mostly BM like Celtic Frost, Darkthrone, Burzum, Bathory etc and even old Primordial. I then liked some death metal(Nile, C.Corpse) etc. While I still love to listen to that stuff sometimes, I find now that Im older with kids over the past few years culture and spirituality has become so much more important to me that Folk/Pagan metal is what I listen to.
TaraTyrsDottir is offline   Reply With Quote