oldmanwinter

New album studio updates

NEURAXIS STUDIO UPDATES

Date: June 3 to June 6 2010
Studio: Wild studio
http://www.wildstudio.ca

Producer: Chris Donaldson

Tracking: Drums

June 3 - Arrived at Wild studio !!! Drum set-up done, sound checking almost finished...sounding powerful and precise. Recording starts tomorrow !!! - Rob

June 4 - 4 songs recorded on drums today. Tiger is blasting like a madman!!! Chris Donaldson is very chill to work with. Wild studio has amazing acoustics!!! - Rob

June 5 - Holy shit! Oli "Tiger" Beaudoin nailed 5 songs today!!! He displayed incredible endurance and precision. Tomorrow: 1 more song + acoustic guitar parts and then we leave Wild Studio. Going to cook some steaks and burgers on the BBQ now...ooo ya!!! - Rob

June 6 - Drum recording and acoustic guitars finished!!! Was a great 4 day weekend thanks to Pierre, Martin and Sophie at Wild Studio and Chris Donaldson for tracking everything.

Date: June 12 2010
Studio: Studio Garage

Tracking: Guitars

June 12 - 1st day of tracking guitars done!!! Was super intense...super tight and super natural...no copy pasting or single note riffs here ;) Alex starts tracking vocals tomorrow...the Lion will roar!!! - Rob

June 13 - Alex tracked his first song today...sounds badass!!! More guitars tomorrow!!!

June 14 - Day 2 of tracking guitars done!!! 3 songs finished...lots more left to do , lol. Thanks to Pat Loisel @ Merfolk Luthiers for fixing my guitars http://www.myspace.com/pat_loisel . Alex tracks more vocals tomorrow.

June 16 - Alex tracked another song yesterday...did some surprising stuff!!! More guitars tonight...

June 16-17 - Day 3 of guitars: 1 1/2 song finished. Found a better and more efficient way to track the rhythm guitars playing every riff. Day 4 of guitars: Just finished tracking, things are moving even more faster and smoother now, another 1 1/2 songs done. 5 songs down...Alex tracks more vocals tomorrow(Friday)

June 18 - Day 5 of guitars: Finished our most intricate song...lots of twisted riffs on this one!!! More guitars today!!! Its a hot one out there tabarnak!!!

June 19 - Day 6 of guitars: ALL rhythm tracks are finished!!! Spent 11 hours yesterday finishing them. Thank the dark lord for airconditioning in Chris studio!!! Alex is tracking vocals today. Fetus starts bass Monday!!!

June 20 - Two more songs tracked on vocals...almost halfway...sounds badass!!!

June 21 - First day of bass today...Oli did 3 songs already (including our title track)...more vocals tomorrow...

June 24 - Day 2 of bass: Oli Fetus recorded 4 songs yesterday!!! People will actually hear bass on a Neuraxis album this time!!!

June 25 - Day 3 of bass : Fetus has completed all bass tracks! We estimated 4 days, and he did it in 3...the little bugger...hahaha. Seriously his bass lines are awesome and everything is sounding fkn amazing. Guitar solos start tomorrow!!!

June 27 - Day 1 of guitar solos: Working with Chris Donaldson is a pleasure, especially with guitar solos as he is a master shredder himself. 1 song done. Pretty damn epic!!! More vocals are being tracked today.

June 28 - Alex tracked one more song...more surprises...stay tuned!!!

July 1 - Another guitar solo finished. Very epic!!! Alex tracks more vocals today. Our new album is almost finished being recorded!!!

July 2 - Guitar solos and clean guitars finished!!! Just have one last guitar section left to do...and 3 vocal songs left, mixing, mastering and then its DONE!!!

July 6 - Final guitar segment finished!!! Vocals tomorrow. Almost done!!!

July 7 - another song done on vocals...very tough session!!! only one more song left..

July 9 - Vocals all done...mix underway...

July 20 - Working on mixing the new album, its crushing!!! Final mix is very close!!!

July 26 - Listening to (almost) final mix of the new album today!!!

July 30 - Final mix of new album = CRUSHING!!!
oldmanwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:26 PM   #2
Stupefaction
Tom Servo

Sounds sick.
Stupefaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
Ander

I hope that Alex will use his abilities to the maximum as we can testify on the Live Progression!

"June 24 - Day 2 of bass: Oli Fetus recorded 4 songs yesterday!!! People will actually hear bass on a Neuraxis album this time!!!"

A very good thing!

July 1 - Another guitar solo finished. Very epic!!! Alex tracks more vocals today. Our new album is almost finished being recorded!!!

Yeah!!!:D

Last edited by Ander; 07-02-2010 at 05:32 AM..
Ander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:18 PM   #4
UGH

Been to long. Very psyched for this.
UGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
oldmanwinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ander View Post
I hope that Alex will use his abilities to the maximum as we can testify on the Live Progression!

"June 24 - Day 2 of bass: Oli Fetus recorded 4 songs yesterday!!! People will actually hear bass on a Neuraxis album this time!!!"

A very good thing!

Alex in unleashing his best vocal performance to date!!!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:18 PM   #6
Ander

C'est ce qu'on dit toujours, haha!

Vite vite du son! Can't wait!
Old 07-31-2010, 06:04 PM   #7
Stupefaction
Tom Servo

Quote:

Haha I hope so. One thing Neuraxis has lacked.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:42 AM   #8
Ander

What's up? When will a new update to your new album (album title, tracklist, and excerpt of course :p)?
Old 09-10-2010, 01:42 AM   #9
Stupefaction
Tom Servo

^ What he said. Let's hear some info.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #10
oldmanwinter

Some info will be announced in the coming weeks.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #11
Ander

In the coming days you mean!

Album title: Asylon. Good!

Release date: 15 February 2011. Not good!

Last edited by Ander; 09-16-2010 at 05:05 PM..
Old 09-16-2010, 10:54 PM   #12
oldmanwinter

Montreal-based death metallers NEURAXIS have set "Asylon" as the title of their sixth studio album, due in North America on February 15, 2011 via Prosthetic Records. The CD was recorded at Wildsound Studio with producer Chris Donaldson (CRYPTOPSY, THE LAST FELONY, THE AGONIST).

A major tour announcement is coming next week, in the meantime; the band is playing Metalfest at Batisse Industrielle in Trois-Rivieres Quebec on Saturday, October 16.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #13
Ander

Hey, Robin is that both Olivier participated in the composition of the new album?...
Old 10-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #14
oldmanwinter

Quote:
Hey, Robin is that both Olivier participated in the composition of the new album?...
Hey Ander, Oli Pinard(bass) helped co-write 2 songs with me and Oli Beaudoin(drums) helped with arrangements and composing his drums parts. Alex also helped with song arrangements.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:51 PM   #15
Ander

Cool, eager and curious to hear it all as usual!
Old 10-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #16
oldmanwinter

Cool. I'm really satisfied with the songs, recording, album artwork. We'll be releasing a new single in the next few months.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:54 AM   #17
Ander

Is this the same guy who made the cover of The Thin Line Between that deals with that of Asylon? And what the means behind the title Asylon?

Thank you for your availability Rob, much appreciated!
Old 10-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #18
oldmanwinter

No problem Anders, thank you for your interest in Neuraxis. The arwork was done again by Dennis of damnengine art(The Thin Line Between). As for the title and meaning, this will be elaborated by our singer Alex sometime during the promo campaign for the new album.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #19
Ander

Ok! Well I see that you can still say too much, so let's talk about something else...

You should news about a possible return of Atheretic? Apocalyptic Nature Fury their latest, is just monstrous, one of the best albums of technical brutal death that I have, and I wonder if this poject is finally buried, or if there is some hope...
Old 10-22-2010, 04:28 PM   #20
oldmanwinter

Quote:
Ok! Well I see that you can still say too much, so let's talk about something else...

You should news about a possible return of Atheretic? Apocalyptic Nature Fury their latest, is just monstrous, one of the best albums of technical brutal death that I have, and I wonder if this poject is finally buried, or if there is some hope...
er

Hehehe, ya can't say too much at the moment. For Atheretic, i think this project is dead...but you never know one day it could resurface. Alex is quite busy with Neuraxis, Forest(bass) has a new band called Beyond Creation, Willow(Drums) has a new band called Phobocosm(really awesome stuff!!! Think Immolation/Morbid Angel/Emperor), and Dany(guitar) does some nice solo acoustic stuff.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #21
Ander

Beyond Creation: Not bad, but there are some influences deathcore that I do not like... And everything sounds too syntetic but these are only demos! I will keep an eye on this band, with Forest they can not put a shit album!

For Phobocosm, there is no way to listen on their MySpace... It could have been me please if there are influences Morbid Angel / Immolation, and it would change the style of ultra technical death metal is meant by your home, hehe...

Otherwise it would be really cool that you play in France, particularly in the south, there are very few bands of your genre (death metal) that pass through here, it's a shame.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:51 PM   #22
oldmanwinter

Quote:
Beyond Creation: Not bad, but there are some influences deathcore that I do not like... And everything sounds too syntetic but these are only demos! I will keep an eye on this band, with Forest they can not put a shit album!

For Phobocosm, there is no way to listen on their MySpace... It could have been me please if there are influences Morbid Angel / Immolation, and it would change the style of ultra technical death metal is meant by your home, hehe...

Otherwise it would be really cool that you play in France, particularly in the south, there are very few bands of your genre (death metal) that pass through here, it's a shame.
Phobocosm are currently writing their 1st album. The main guy Sam Dufour(guitar) is the one that did the pre-production of our new album Asylon. Hopefully they will have something posted within a few months.

Would love to tour in France and Europe. The main problem is paying the plane ticket fares and also some booking agencies charge "buy on" fees to get on a good tour....I'm keeping my fingers crossed we will tour in France for the new album.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:07 PM   #23
Ander

Damn, I just realized that Will has left the band!

Why is he gone?
Old 12-04-2010, 12:59 AM   #24
Milan

Yeah, I was also a bit surprised at the show in sherbooke a few weeks ago that Will wasn`t there anymore. What happened with that?
You guys put on a fucking awesome show nonetheless, and the new songs sound sick.
Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:20 AM   #25
Stupefaction
Tom Servo

Excited for this album.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:34 AM   #26
Ander

Cool cover!