SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Primordial

Primordial Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Old 03-06-2010, 06:24 AM   #1
Nocturnal

Why?

My mates and I have a question for the guys in Primordial. First of all, we all love Primordial and have been long time fans now. This thread is NOT created to talk shit about them in any way! I just wanted to clarify that. We were very excited for the tour dates, cause even though you guys arent coming to Island, we still had a chance to fly to Germany or other countries to see you live.

But our question is, why you guys choose to play with a band like Nokturnal Mortum? They have been playing NSBM for many years now, and everyone know their extreme views based on their many interviews. I know Alan once said that he dosent divide his friends into what political views they might have, but aren't you guys afraid of your own reputation? We were looking forward to see your shows, but this concert is going be full of skinheads like always, at NM concerts, and therefor we decided to stay at home this time. A lot of the members of NM play in bands such as Astrofaes, Runes Of Dianceht, Aryan Terrorism, Warhead and so on that share the same beliefs. If you are good friends with NM, and like their music, thats cool, we just had to ask because we were all a bit surprised (and sad) to see this to be ohnest.

Feel free to delete this thread, if this subject is something you dont want to talk about. We did not want to cause any trouble whatsoever, we just wanted to ask you this question.

Thank you for your time, and keep up the good work!

Last edited by Nocturnal; 03-06-2010 at 06:36 AM..
Nocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:17 AM   #2
TreeHandThingy

I believe somewhere that Alan has stated something which I whole-heartedly agree. He doesn't judge people based on their beliefs, nor does he choose friends because of their beliefs. He said in an interview that he separates people from their beliefs because he realizes and understands the people are far too complex to simply ignore because one doesn't agree with them. It's also the same reason he's able to tour with groups like Eluveite and Korpiklaani, despite him being opposed to their music.
TreeHandThingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:51 AM   #3
Necrophant
█ █ █ █ █ █ █

and its a festival.. i dont think primordial will do a full tour with a band like NM.
Necrophant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:54 PM   #4
Detric

Why do you care? Like Necro already said, its just a festival. I dont know if the band is good friends with NM or not, but I dont think they share the same political views. I hate skinheads too, mostly because the ones that I have talked with sound more retarded than a 5 year old, and dont know how to argue proberly. Just go to the show, and ignore the retards, thats the same thing I do when I go to a black metal concert, where these faggots might show up (Impaled Nazarene, Taake, Satanic Warmaster, Der Stürmer, Absurd etc.) I happen to like all sorts of metal, and I dont judge any bands on their views, and neither should you. You dont like Burzum either??
Detric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #5
Necrophant
█ █ █ █ █ █ █

i guess i had problems supporting a ns band with my cash. would be a pretty hard decision whether or not i should attend such a festival . but i dont think ill ever have to anyway.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #6
FourthHorseman

It's that Latvian festival isn't it? But I mean, it is a festival. You're being a little like Dave Mustaine, whining over Rotting Christ playing on the same festival. Unfortunately Dave had a little more influence.

At the same time, sure, Nokturnal Mortum is not a band to support in my books either. The whole "I don't separate friends by beliefs" argument is valid in a way, but there's always a level where it gets too much. I wouldn't be friends with a neo-Nazi, if I noticed a friend of mine was one, and in the same way, I wouldn't want Primordial being friends with Nokturnal Mortum. But this is just a festival gig, so who's to say, just go to the fucking gig and who knows, maybe you'll even get a positive experience when immersing yourself with a different crowd than usual.

I'm not sure it's fair to say "this concert is going be full of skinheads like always", like you said you don't get any fucking gigs in Iceland. Hell, as far as I remember, you got Misery Index a while ago, can't imagine very many skinheads at that gig. That festival with Primordial, D666, Nokturnal Mortum etc. seems kinda more underground than most things and I'd totally go if it was in my neighbourhood.
FourthHorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:10 AM   #7
Nemtheanga

hey

Hey

Thought I should respond to this one, firstly apologies for not taking too much time over the forum lately. We've been sort of concentrating on Facebook lately if anything.

Actually to be honest only two days ago did I realise Nokturnal Mortum were even playing, all I knew was Destroyer 666 were playing. We have had so much turmoil and strife in the band lately I simply don't pay attention anymore to who is playing what etc.

I/We don't choose the bands we play with at any festival. It doesn't work like that. So I don't have an opinion either way, what Nokturnal Mortum do, (and no I don't know the guys) is up to them. For me this is firstly and most importantly a Primordial show in a territory we haven't played before.
Nemtheanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:32 PM   #8
Necrophant
█ █ █ █ █ █ █

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemtheanga View Post
Hey

Thought I should respond to this one, firstly apologies for not taking too much time over the forum lately. We've been sort of concentrating on Facebook lately if anything.
regged over there just for you guys so gimme some action. *g*