Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Adrift
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adrift Website

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2004, 08:09 PM   #21
Tony Teegarden

Tony Teegarden slam gang member
Tetly Tea Leaf

Yo rock n roll/metal co-hearts. Blarg Blarg Tea Boy here. Talk of all this cover music brings to surface many a tune that would be worthy of covering. Kinda tuff cause I by passed alot of the old school rock stuff myself and went from Oingo Boingo to Megadeth and Metallica. (I'm kidding about Oingo Boingo but I did listen to some crazy 80's pop stuff I refuse to repeat here) Probably one of my earliest albums was AC/DC flick of the switch. Bedlam in Belgum was pretty heavy for me then. Then it was was on to Maiden then very quickly I was listening to Megadeth, Killing is my business, before heading off to church on Sunday mornings. (They did a sick cover of Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots." So obscure to me is good as long as it's done well. I personaly would steer away from the normal covers, I.E. ANYTHING by Zepplin or Kiss. Nothing against those two powerhouses but it's just been played out. I'd rather turn the masses onto something new.

Just a few thoughts here.

A. Kings X- Lot's of heavy songs along with great harmonies & tons of Hooks! That guy has an amazing voice. I'd choose something from back in the early 90's they did. Kevin I know you used to dig them so you gotta have some of that old stuff. Obscure band somewhat but lots of great Heavy rock tunes to bring to the table that the mass market would appreciate.

B. Personally I think it's a little early to bust out the Alice In Chains covers. I hasn't been THAT long since we lost Lane. However anything on Dirt would be worthy of covering and if someone could pull it off with class I believe you guys (and girl) could. Them Bones is one of my fav's personally.

C. I'm fishing for "rockish" stuff here but If it was me? I'd be doing a SEAL cover. Crazy is one of my favorite songs from the 1st album. Hey everyone knows who he is and alot of the stuff from his 1st album is guitar/band oriented stuff. Crazy is a monster feel good/BIG sounding Song. It got lot's of airplay when it 1st came out. I think Marq could kill it on the vocals too. Hey, go for Broke. If you were thinkinga bout Phil Collins then this could do just as well if not beter. (although i was ALL about doing "in the air." If you think it's gay. Fuck you.

D. Now this ones gonna get me shit but Garth Brooks "thunder rolls." Rock that song out, make it a bit heavier. Great song. Moody. Again Marq's vocals could put that song over the top. (i know you guys are gonna give me shit about that one.) I beleive covering that song set's you apart from the typical rock bands.

Aside from the Alice in Chains songs the others are not typical cover songs. They could put you over the top or have you looking like the kid in the corner of the play ground no one wants to play with. But hey. That's what stepping out and being unique is about.

I have spoken
Tony Teegarden is offline   Reply With Quote