SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #31
Tacos
blastin' up a storm

Bork bork bork bork!
Tacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #32
Hideous Infirmity

Yep, man muss aber zugeben, das geht auch zu schnell um es wirklich geniessen und sacken lassen zu können als Nicht-Deutschsprachiger. (Ausserdem können die das glaub ich nicht vertragen...aber pshhhh hahaha)
Hideous Infirmity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:33 PM   #33
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

maybeee dorke di dork
Grindmasterflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #34
Szadou
#GlitterTearsCoterie

The fact that they shot at the van is horrible, and things like that shouldn't happen.

BUT! Of course hanging around under a fucking armed helicopter that's scouting for "insurgents" is gonna look suspicious to the machine gunner, especially when there's shit that looks bulky and weapon-like slung around your back. What the fuck were those guys thinking?
Szadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #35
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

sure, but dude - thing is - the fucking AMERICAN helicopter shouldn´t have even been in that country in the first place:)
Old 04-06-2010, 05:46 PM   #36
Szadou
#GlitterTearsCoterie

The fact that they shot at the van is horrible, and things like that shouldn't happen.

BUT! Of course hanging around under a fucking armed helicopter that's scouting for "insurgents" is gonna look suspicious to the machine gunner, especially when there's shit that looks bulky and weapon-like slung around your back. What the fuck were those guys thinking?
Old 04-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #37
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

YEAH, SANDNIGGERS ARE STUPID! happy?
Old 04-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #38
Szadou
#GlitterTearsCoterie

No idea what the fuck happened with mah double pawst hurr.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #39
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

ah ok sry. but something else. I truly truly love you.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #40
Wolff
THOU SHALT NOT

Well, I doubt many would agree with me but here goes. This is a WAR.

Granted, not a "war on terrorism" or whatever they call it now, but a war conducted by an empire (U.S.) for control of natural resources. I think if you asked Americans if they would rather have 10000000 enemy civilians killed, or have (relatively) cheap gasoline, the gas wins out.

I believe 9/11 was a "false flag" operation, as they say, and of course was a necessary smoke screen to take control of middle eastern oil assets, and so we have. Fucked-up, inhumane things happen in war all the time, all wars have their innocent victims.

I don't support alot of what my country does, but I do accept the fact that without the majority of the world's oil under U.S. control, that we will all suffer from price increases, increased costs of living, etc.

And I don't see any EU country doing anything more than demilitarizing at this point, so who will stand up?
Wolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #41
Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadou View Post

that is a stupid way to look at it. There is security of all kinds on the ground and in the air at all times over there... They had cameras! It's up to the soliders to their job correctly. Investigate and react with a respone that suits the situation.. They were trained to do it, and if they fuck up, it's on them not the victims!

That's like blaming a girl for getting rapped because she had a short skirt on (i know there will be jokes about that example but it's still true)
Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #42
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolff View Post

And I don't see any EU country doing anything more than demilitarizing at this point, so who will stand up?
there´s some truth to this. although demilitarizing is not actually the case haha. In comparison to the us military you could probably almost call it that though.

some people don´t understand that well armies are in fact necessary.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:24 PM   #43
Dunlop

Quote:
Well, I doubt many would agree with me but here goes. This is a WAR.

Granted, not a "war on terrorism" or whatever they call it now, but a war conducted by an empire (U.S.) for control of natural resources. I think if you asked Americans if they would rather have 10000000 enemy civilians killed, or have (relatively) cheap gasoline, the gas wins out.

I believe 9/11 was a "false flag" operation, as they say, and of course was a necessary smoke screen to take control of middle eastern oil assets, and so we have. Fucked-up, inhumane things happen in war all the time, all wars have their innocent victims.

I don't support alot of what my country does, but I do accept the fact that without the majority of the world's oil under U.S. control, that we will all suffer from price increases, increased costs of living, etc.

They could've used the money they spent on war to invest in zero point energy... It's already been tested and figured out but no one will invest because it would mean free energy for people. It would be one less excuse for war and it would be better for everyone... But, zero point energy = zero dollars! ...It's not about protecting resources, it's about manipulating people into thinking they need the said resource, and then taking it from others when the well runs dry...

...Saying that you would rather have 1,000,000 people die in another country just so you have the option of driving a fucking SUV is retarded and it's why wars like this will continue. You are the problem. You seem to share the same views that have created the war... "let's get them before they get us" ...Whatever happened to finding an actual solution to a problem?

Nobody can stand up and do anything when people at home support whats happening
Old 04-06-2010, 06:40 PM   #44
Szadou
#GlitterTearsCoterie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunlop View Post
that is a stupid way to look at it. There is security of all kinds on the ground and in the air at all times over there... They had cameras! It's up to the soliders to their job correctly. Investigate and react with a respone that suits the situation.. They were trained to do it, and if they fuck up, it's on them not the victims!
AFAIK the helicopter just got there after hearing that a whole unit got shot up randomly by dudes on that street, they went to provide air support. So they get there, and they see a bunch of people right in the same spot, and from the look of it, they seem to be armed with AK-47's and RPG's. And then one of them is reaching for what looks like an RPG shell (dude reaching for the camera scope) and another is ariming with a huge tube-like thing (telescopic camera lens) from around the corner. What were they supposed to do? Ask nicely if they're armed? Have some fucking common sense, you see an armed heli, you don't fucking do that shit. And if you're in said helicopter, you see a guy aiming shit at you, you don't stop to think if that's maybe a camera.

And the guy from the van that had kids in it? What the fuck was he thinking when he stopped? "HURR DURR HALLO HELACOPTAR MACHINGUNNAR DONT SHEWT MEH, I HELP DIS PIPPLES!!111"?

Yes, the whole thing is terrible, but really, don't fucking hang around areas where armed combat just took or is taking place if you don't want to get shot, even if its by accident.

Quote:
That's like blaming a girl for getting rapped because she had a short skirt on (i know there will be jokes about that example but it's still true)
If anything, that girl was wearing a bikini whilst taking a stroll through rape valley.

Last edited by Szadou; 04-06-2010 at 06:42 PM..
Old 04-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #45
Cernunnos

Quote:
AFAIK the helicopter just got there after hearing that a whole unit got shot up randomly by dudes on that street, they went to provide air support. So they get there, and they see a bunch of people right in the same spot, and from the look of it, they seem to be armed with AK-47's and RPG's. And then one of them is reaching for what looks like an RPG shell (dude reaching for the camera scope) and another is ariming with a huge tube-like thing (telescopic camera lens) from around the corner. What were they supposed to do? Ask nicely if they're armed? Have some fucking common sense, you see an armed heli, you don't fucking do that shit. And if you're in said helicopter, you see a guy aiming shit at you, you don't stop to think if that's maybe a camera.

And the guy from the van, that had kids in it? What the fuck was he thinking? "HURR DURR HALLO HELACOPTAR MACHINGUNNAR!!111"?

Yes, the whole thing is terrible, but really, don't fucking hang around areas where armed combat just took or is taking place if you don't want to get shot, even if its by accident.

If anything, that girl was wearing a bikini whilst taking a stroll through rape valley.
The helicopter was apparently about a mile away (notice the delay between them firing and the shots hitting the ground). They probably didn't fucking know it was there. The people in the van were trying to rescue their injured relative. I'm sure you would do the same if a fucking army shot up your neightborhood and your friends or family members were bleeding to death on the street.
Cernunnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #46
Szadou
#GlitterTearsCoterie

Those reporters went there because there was combat nearby (as in, just around the corner pretty much). They might've not known about the heli, but it still doesn't change the fact that that's some Darwin Awards level shit.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:52 PM   #47
Wolff
THOU SHALT NOT

All valid points except your energy theory. People love money way too much to exist in the utopia you unrealistically suggest. The people that have all the power in the world care little for the plebes beneath them, as would ANY OF YOU in their shoes. I do agree that "free energy", etc., is definitely the ideal world to live in, but this is not the case. None of us created this world in which we live, and we are stuck making due with what was left to us as far as the way things are.

I'm not a "supporter" in the traditional sense of the word, as most of my countrymen are fat, bloated, unintelligent ingrates with a bible in one hand and a Happy Meal in the other. I am merely a "realist", as far as my interpretation of the world around me goes. I am not so deluded to think that a "perfect world" can ever exist, so my opinions are derived from the reality placed before me.

One other thing, (but maybe I'm misinformed so let me know if you've read otherwise), no EU countries have any plans for military expansion, and most are leveling off, or decreasing their military power. Who is left to "police" the world so to speak? We are the country with the highest national debt in the world, and still supplying FAR BEYOND what any other country contributes to foreign aid and relief efforts.

Now I'm not one who thinks the U.S. is king of the world or anything of the sort, quite the contrary. The U.S. is a nation of corrupt, money-hungry politicians with nothing but their own personal interests at heart, but we are "top of the shit pile" so to speak.

Also, kudos for discussing politics without flaming :)
Old 04-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #48
LesserAnimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
The helicopter was apparently about a mile away (notice the delay between them firing and the shots hitting the ground). They probably didn't fucking know it was there. The people in the van were trying to rescue their injured relative. I'm sure you would do the same if a fucking army shot up your neightborhood and your friends or family members were bleeding to death on the street.
Save it. His predetermined position on this means he expects any civilian, who may, you know, LIVE or WORK in the "war zone" or near it, to have go-go-gadget eyes and know exactly what to do after spotting an American helicopter a Mile away, which I'm sure NEVER happens there - hide inside and don't touch anything. Otherwise you're fair game to be mowed down by people who actually live on the other side of the world.
LesserAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #49
Dunlop

It's not like a gang shoots up on a street that you can avoid... It's a war torn city where this happens all the time everywhere. I highly doubt people on the ground even think twice about a helicopter after being in the environment for long enough

The soliders were in full control of the situation and shot too early. It took seconds to take everyone out. They were not in any danger and if they thought they were they were not trained well enough or they are just shitty soldiers who shouldn't be out there.

When you think of the mentality you need to be out there, you can only be 2 kinds of people... Someone who really thinks they are going to help, or someone who wants to shoot stuff... For every good soldier there's a dozen who just want to kill something.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:55 PM   #50
Defleshuary
-

I imagine the people in the van were friends of the victim dying on the ground or perhaps just people trying to do a good deed. They had zero cause to fire upon the van. They were sadist and very desensitized in their actions to do so. The guy was about ready to blow a load over it. The people in the van showed zero threat. Even the first people shot didn't show a threat. Hell, even in that shit quality video I could tell they weren't carrying goddamn Ak-47's and RPG's and surely he saw what we saw if they were really a mile away.
Defleshuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #51
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop
It's not like a gang shoots up on a street that you can avoid... It's a war torn city where this happens all the time everywhere. I highly doubt people on the ground even think twice about a helicopter after being in the environment for long enough

The soliders were in full control of the situation and shot too early. It took seconds to take everyone out. They were not in any danger and if they thought they were they were not trained well enough or they are just shitty soldiers who shouldn't be out there.

When you think of the mentality you need to be out there, you can only be 2 kinds of people... Someone who really thinks they are going to help, or someone who wants to shoot stuff... For every good soldier there's a dozen who just want to kill something.
Dunlop is online now Report Post Reply With Quote
maybe you should visit them and explain. but - watch out for the helicopters because you know NOW.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:00 PM   #52
LesserAnimal

Quote:
Those reporters went there because there was combat nearby (as in, just around the corner pretty much). They might've not known about the heli, but it still doesn't change the fact that that's some Darwin Awards level shit.
Right. It's darwin-awards level for reporters to have cameras at their "workplace".

You probably agree with the soldier at the end, too. When those people stopped to try and save the life of a Reuters Journalist (read: not terrorist), they were fair game to also be slaughtered without process.

The logical end of your reasoning is that if you live in a place where an outside force has invaded:

1. If you are outside, you cannot touch any objects that are moveable. They could be weapons, thus you are immediately liable to be killed by the occupying force.

2. If you are outside, you must be able to spot all aircraft in the area, and know who they are looking at/for, what they consider "just cause", and etc. and behave accordingly. This applies no matter how far away the aircraft is. If you are within the range of the aircraft's optics, you are responsible for spotting them and behaving accordingly. (See #1: Don't touch anything.) Lets hope you've got excellent glasses.

In other words, if you're being occupied, do absolutely nothing, ever, or we'll kill you, kill anyone who tries to save you, laugh at your corpse, and rely on kids on message boards to make it your fault.

Last edited by LesserAnimal; 04-06-2010 at 07:04 PM..
Old 04-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #53
Dunlop

Quote:
All valid points except your energy theory. People love money way too much to exist in the utopia you unrealistically suggest. The people that have all the power in the world care little for the plebes beneath them, as would ANY OF YOU in their shoes. I do agree that "free energy", etc., is definitely the ideal world to live in, but this is not the case. None of us created this world in which we live, and we are stuck making due with what was left to us as far as the way things are.
I fully aknowledge that my point on zero point energy will never happen. Otherwise the whole world would know who Tesla is... It won't happen but, it should happen. It would solve multiple problems, but people on top would make less money. And shifting employment from Oil rigs to clean admission production would take time and it's toll on the global economy.

Money will be the death of humanity, and it's only going to get progressively worse year by year until we are gone... Unless a natural disaster strikes first.

I'm just going to sit back, smoke a few blunts and have some beer... Just ride this bitch out and hopfully I'll be gone before it gets really bad
Old 04-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #54
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

well being a journalist - especially in war zones - does in fact come with the risk of being killed, wounded or kidnapped. that´s a fact. there are journalists who get some kind of kick out of that btw. I´ve seen a documentary on it.

lol @zero point energy.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:03 PM   #55
Szadou
#GlitterTearsCoterie

So Greg... What normal person busts out telescopic lens cameras and tripods to go take photos of a nearby firefight. Do you?
Old 04-06-2010, 07:05 PM   #56
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

a lot of journalists actually would do that. those are the shots that bring the cash.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:08 PM   #57
Wolff
THOU SHALT NOT

Quote:

Money will be the death of humanity, and it's only going to get progressively worse year by year until we are gone... Unless a natural disaster strikes first.

I'm just going to sit back, smoke a few blunts and have some beer... Just ride this bitch out and hopfully I'll be gone before it gets really bad

Agreed!
Old 04-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #58
LesserAnimal

Quote:
So Greg... What normal person busts out telescopic lens cameras and tripods to go take photos of a nearby firefight. Do you?
I'm sure you know more about the job the men were doing than they did.

Please contact Reuters and let them know that they've developed inefficient methods. You could save them a lot of money.

Reuters: Contact Us
Old 04-06-2010, 07:15 PM   #59
Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindmasterflesh View Post
lol @zero point energy.
Zero point energy is not funny. It's science. What's funny is that people dig for oil instead. Energy is all around us. You can obtain it from anywhere. What's funny is that the world burns oil even though we have knowledge to progress. Like I said, I know it will never happen but more people need to be aware that it's out there
Old 04-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #60
derp
herp

Thread is way too serious

derp is offline   Reply With Quote