SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:12 AM   #1
LesserAnimal

Bailout Bill - Congress threatened with martial law

Good lord

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaG9d...-in-house.html

Straight from the man's mouth.
LesserAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:32 AM   #2
nigelwho
N/A

One of my super paranoid friends said bush currently has the power to postpone the elections with martial law? I haven't heard this and figured she was confusing news clips back when the President of Pakistan postponed the election. Have you heard anything like this?
nigelwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:08 AM   #3
imbutawaveto
NIGGA GUNK

Rep Power: 22 imbutawaveto beat up jewskiimbutawaveto beat up jewskiimbutawaveto beat up jewski
oh. FUCK.

wakeness was right!!!!!

RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!
imbutawaveto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:41 AM   #4
INCINERATE
Brutal Death

It's amazing how there are only a few Congressmen that know what's going on, and how so many others are either clueless, or are looking out more for special interests when they vote on things.

They vote no on the first bail out, and then a week later vote yes to an even worse bill?!?!?!

Time to invest in foreign currencies/companies. Say goodbye to all your money if it's in US dollars.
INCINERATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:51 AM   #5
SlaughteredOnslaught

Yeah, and to top it off, the new bill makes Paulson a virtual "Financial Czar" along with no transparancy and totally unaswerable to a court of law! This essentially centralizes executive powers even more and gives Paulson (or any following treasury sec.) and the Bush Cabal (or any following puppet) more dictitorial powers, which will now be totally unaccountable for any decision making on their part as Paulson "bails-out" his ex-cohorts from Goldman Sachs and other Wall St. bankster critters.
I've been saying this for the past several years now and it's becoming more and more obvious - even to the kool-aid drinking bobble-heads out there - and that is: the U.S. govt. has been hijacked and now we're witnessing the dismemberment of the system. The financial system is a cornerstone to the "takeover" and it was infiltrated and hijacked long ago (essentially with the passing of the Fed Reserve Act back in 1913 when most Congressmen were away on X-mas vacation) It took longer to get key players in certain positions within the govt., pentagon, intelligence, etc. for their plans to come to fruition. But the same cabal who have been destroying the U.S. financial system by design are the same fucks who orchestrated 911. 911 was another drop in the bucket for the NWO elite to get their draconian police state laws rubber stamped - no questions asked - which have nothing to do with stopping terrorism, but everything to do with putting their panopticon control grid in place.
Wakeness got a lot of shit, but unfortunately for the haters, much of what he had to say was backed up by some solid research - something far too few people do these days... I guess it's always easier to just ridicule people as tin foil hat wearing fools without doing any research on their own part - ala Fox News .
Comparisons of the current financial meltdown with Weimar Germany are downright scary!
SlaughteredOnslaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #6
INCINERATE
Brutal Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaughteredOnslaught View Post
and the Bush Cabal (or any following puppet) more dictitorial powers
Yeah, and Obama is supposed to be the candidate for "change". Even the McCain/Palin crew are now talking about how they plan to "change" Washington. Yet both of them voted YES on this!?!?! WTF??? How is voting YES to this going to "change" anything. All it's going to do is prop up this failed system even more. And when the dollar finally crashes, it's going to be even that much worse. I've been saying all along, there are no significant differences between these two candidates. Regardless of which one becomes president, it's going to be business as usual in the white house. I know there are a ton of people here that support Obama. As far as I'm concerned a vote for Obama means you also support this bailout package.

What they should be doing is reforming/abolishing the Federal Reserve and reform our monetary policy, and cut all the fucking spending!

Last edited by INCINERATE; 10-05-2008 at 10:11 AM..
INCINERATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #7
LesserAnimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelwho View Post
One of my super paranoid friends said bush currently has the power to postpone the elections with martial law? I haven't heard this and figured she was confusing news clips back when the President of Pakistan postponed the election. Have you heard anything like this?
Well, yes, he could. I don't see it happening unless he attacks Iran and we get hit with significant retaliation. I don't know if even this crew of nut-cases is crazy enough to try this with a 30% approval rating.

At the heart of this is something called COG. Continuity of Government.

COG is supposed to be emergency planning in case of a massive emergency or attack ie nuclear warfare, so that the government may still operate irrespective of the chaos the rest of the country is experiencing. There are strongholds built into mountains for this, as well as what are called "Doomsday" aircraft designed to allow high level officials to stay in the air for long periods of time in the event of nuclear war.

What COG became was plans for suspension of the constitution, and suppression/detention of dissenting citizens.

It started with Oliver North and others who were angry that Vietnam, in their eyes, was lost by the public who didn't support the war. They weren't ever going to allow that to happen again. They started working on COG,

Ironically, two other very familiar names worked on these plans in the 1980s: Donald Rumsfeld, and Dick Cheney.

The icing on the cake is that at the time, Rumsfeld wasn't even in government. He was simply CEO of GD SEARLE, a large pharmaceutical company. (Yet here he is, planning to suspend the constitution. If that isn't an illustration of the power private wealth has in this country I don't know what is)

During the Iran Contra hearings O. North was asked if he had plans to suspend the constitution and the sitting judge stopped the question. He said something to the effect of "We can't talk about that now". It was never discussed in public afterwards.

on 9/11, with Cheney, Rumsfeld etc in office, COG was, at least partly and for the first time, implemented. Apparently a significant part of the COG planning was for things they couldn't get away with beforehand: Warantless wiretapping, the end of habeas corpus, etc. which we obviously have now. Some have theorized that this is the reason we have been so impotent in our attempts to reverse things like the patriot act and the military commissions act in the face of the fact that they are bluntly unconstitutional. COG changes the game entirely.

Here is an excerpt from Peter Dale Scott's outstanding book "The Road to 9/11"

The COG-specific part is headlined: "Cheney, Rumsfeld and COG Planning in the 1980s", but all of what's on this page is worth reading.

http://www.gnn.tv/articles/3242/Excl...ure_of_America

-----------

Recently a congressman (DeFazio) had said that he wants to see the COG provisions, and he was told that he doesn't have the clearance. Congress officially isn't allowed to review what amounts to selective suspension of the constitution, which it appears the executive branch can still expand.

http://www.counterpunch.org/scott03312008.html

Last edited by LesserAnimal; 10-05-2008 at 01:16 PM..
Old 10-05-2008, 01:06 PM   #8
Tzimisce
Banned

Sherman should've named names.
Tzimisce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:14 PM   #9
LesserAnimal

Yerp. I'm calling him : )
Old 10-05-2008, 01:26 PM   #10
Drowned
false core genocide

That's fairly worrying.
Drowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #11
nigelwho
N/A

Thank you for that post.

We certainly will live through some interesting times in the coming 30-40 years. Than again human history is a just a cycle of absurdities. I find it quite surreal.
nigelwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:14 PM   #12
ChAAPY
it's one louder

:(
ChAAPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:32 PM   #13
LesserAnimal

I know. I wish I was making this up.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:40 PM   #14
Tzimisce
Banned

...This is pure extortion. I seriously hope Sherman gives up the names of the people who made this threat, because this kind of shit should not go unpunished in a [relatively] democratic society.
Tzimisce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:42 PM   #15
Chilidem
Sicknessament

He actually said that the people he talked to seemed legitimately concerned about the possibility of martial law and were not the ones threatening it. So he would have to name names and then those names would have to name names.
Chilidem is offline   Reply With Quote