SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > HORSE The Band

HORSE The Band Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 70 votes, 4.93 average. Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 01:26 AM   #5731
NathanNormanBrandt
Supreme Tri-Mage

totally! I've been dealing with stupid isolation but thats life eh?
NathanNormanBrandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:09 AM   #5732
boylucas

This made me think about what Erik said about China on Earth Tour.
It is sad, so dont watch if you dont like sad things:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wor...home_multiline
boylucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #5733
Luigitoilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by boylucas View Post
This made me think about what Erik said about China on Earth Tour.
It is sad, so dont watch if you dont like sad things:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wor...home_multiline
noooooo. I didn't watch that video but the story is enough to make me nauseous :<

anyways, I'm falling for a girl who comes from a lot of money. I know it's dumb but I feel impotent and shitty and also ugly and creepy because I don't have that much money, so I feel discouraged from even asking her to hang out let alone to date. I have some issues with myself and people

Last edited by Luigitoilet; 10-18-2011 at 08:03 PM..
Luigitoilet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:33 PM   #5734
forestyocean
SZ2/Royal Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigitoilet View Post
noooooo. I didn't watch that video but the story is enough to make me nauseous :<

anyways, I'm falling for a girl who comes from a lot of money. I know it's dumb but I feel impotent and shitty and also ugly and creepy because I don't have that much money, so I feel discouraged from even asking her to hang out let alone to date. I have some issues with myself and people

Doesn't get more relevant than that.
forestyocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:53 AM   #5735
Luigitoilet

haha yess
Old 10-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #5736
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

think i am going to participate in bank transfer day. fuck the big banks. i got an in to a nice credit union and am going to take full advantage of it. i need to get a loan from them to take care of the credit cards at the big bank tho... i dont see why they wouldn't do it now since i have a legit full time job and have never missed or made a latepayment to any of my cards in over 5 years... /me hopes.
horsetheKEVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:44 PM   #5737
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

the time has come... for me to get sober... not for me.... for my nieces. my youngest sister is a horse shit mother as most of you know and she just straight up told my my younger/older sister that she could have my 5 year old niece indefinitely... this angers me but it makes me more happy than angry. i am angry that she can not be a fucking good parent but I am happy that the kid wont worry about having food or clean clothes for school.

I am getting clean starting Friday and moving into my girls mothers house next month. I am going to get all my debt taken care of and get a house by next summer. I will have custody have those children before the next school year. I am the only person who can save them and give them a normal life with a stable home. I love this girl more than anything.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #5738
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

i am really scared... i don't know how to be a dad...
Old 10-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #5739
Free Radical
Drug User

About the Chinese girl:
In the Netherlands we had an experiment where someone would pretend to lose consiousness in different locations, some crowded, others quiet.
Turns out you are better off getting hurt in not so busy areas, especially if there's no initial response. Possible explanations are people thinking "Someone else will do something if there's really something wrong" or people mirroring eachother's behaviour thinking "If something was really wrong, someone would have done something by now."

Also, good going, Kev. Being a parent is mostly about balance, between love and discipline, and being consistent. And if it's any consolation, parents don't have that much to do with how a child grows up, especially when they are already 5.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #5740
Luigitoilet

good luck Kev. your heart is in a good place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Radical View Post
About the Chinese girl:
In the Netherlands we had an experiment where someone would pretend to lose consiousness in different locations, some crowded, others quiet.
Turns out you are better off getting hurt in not so busy areas, especially if there's no initial response. Possible explanations are people thinking "Someone else will do something if there's really something wrong" or people mirroring eachother's behaviour thinking "If something was really wrong, someone would have done something by now."

Also, good going, Kev. Being a parent is mostly about balance, between love and discipline, and being consistent. And if it's any consolation, parents don't have that much to do with how a child grows up, especially when they are already 5.
Yep, a famous story concerning this is Kitty Genovese

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitty_genovese
Old 10-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #5741
bearodactyl
Registered Loser

I'm getting married in 3 days.
bearodactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #5742
NathanNormanBrandt
Supreme Tri-Mage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJfgKCmvtm4
NathanNormanBrandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #5743
thisperishedmin

falcox - congrats dude! Exciting if not scary shit haha.

kev - thats a shame, but you're doing the right thing. I hope it works out for the better. Sometimes those terrifying situations like that are what make us the best people we can be. I think youll come out a stronger better person.
thisperishedmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:31 PM   #5744
bearodactyl
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisperishedmin View Post
falcox - congrats dude! Exciting if not scary shit haha.
Thanks :) It's quite exciting. The only scary part is the cost and stress of planning the whole thing..
bearodactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #5745
Free Radical
Drug User

Yay, looks like the youth society is getting some much needed support in the form of about 10 ex-volunteers and sympathizers that will help us out for a year!

The only problem I see with this is that some could cause more problems than fix them, but we'll see.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #5746
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

found out my brother is using meth again... he has got kids now... it isnt like before... i said something to him about it this morning and he went off on me saying a bunch of shit that can never be unsaid... he hurt me more than anyone has ever hurt me. Our relationship will never be the same... as of right now I am never speaking to him again. I am so sick of dealing with my family.... I want to just pick up and leave Fargo and never look back.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #5747
Free Radical
Drug User

Assburgers

I think I probably have Assburgers...I mean, Asperger Syndrome.
If this is true, than this knowledge could help with some of the problems I have with my mother. She never could accept the way I am just because I am this way. Maybe she will be better able to accept it if I am this way because of something that has a name.
I just hope it will not make her take me even less serious than she does now.

Last edited by Free Radical; 10-30-2011 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: added title
Old 10-31-2011, 04:53 PM   #5748
Luigitoilet

Have you actually seen someone about it Free Radical? In my experience, a lot of introverted people try to self-diagnose themselves with Aspergers because, like you said, for some reason it is more comforting to have a label that explains why you feel or act in such and such a way.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #5749
Free Radical
Drug User

Not yet, as I only recently arrived at that hypothesis, but I plan too. For me personally, it's not really more comforting. Perhaps it's even less comforting, as I don't like to be labeled.
It doesn't change anything for me. I am perfectly fine with accepting the way I am for the reason that I just am that way. That way being categorized and having a name like "condition B76" is irrelevant to me. But it may matter to my mother, it may help her understand that I don't act this way to hurt her, among other things.

Asperger's connects a lot of stuff in several "fields" I thought previously to be mostly unrelated to eachother, both sensory, behaviourally and socially.

Edit: By the way, I never tried to "diagnose myself" with anything. I stumbled on an article about Asperger's by coincidence, and I kept reading as it read so much like it was an article about me. So much that I feel it's worth investigating. I did sometimes think I might or might not have a mild case of autism, as did some of my friends, but I never felt like it was worth investigating until now.

Last edited by Free Radical; 11-01-2011 at 11:01 AM..
Old 11-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #5750
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

my older brother who can not hold a job and claims he cant make friends has self diagnosed himself with that.... i call bullshit.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #5751
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

oh yeah, he diagnosed me too. LOL. I know my brother is just saying it to get on government assistance because he has never had a real job since he got out of prison. Went to prison at 18 and came out like age 21 I think... from there he moved to Minot to go to college and dropped out after 4 days. Moved in with his wife after 3 days of knowing her and has barely worked since...

speaking of work... I dislike my job but I know I have to stick it out. I get free pop all day and I have like 2 tshirts, 1 polo, 1 longsleeve polo, 2 hoodies and a jacket from Bytepseed all free.... I got a nintendo 3DS and a logitech g510 keyboard for free from working there too... I get insurance this week finally... I know I should be grateful and I am but I still despise getting up for work 5 days a week... that is normal isn't it?

Last edited by horsetheKEVIN; 11-01-2011 at 07:38 PM..
Old 11-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #5752
Free Radical
Drug User

Getting up is the hardest part for me too, after that it's mostly cruisin'.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:34 PM   #5753
susanismyalias

(6:29:10 PM) susanismyalias1: holy shit
(6:29:31 PM) susanismyalias1: my cousin's fb status: Dang it, why is there never an olive garden around when you need it"
(6:29:32 PM) susanismyalias1: first
(6:29:35 PM) susanismyalias1: fucking respons
(6:29:44 PM) susanismyalias1: "They support abortion, just so you know."
susanismyalias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:46 PM   #5754
Late Bloomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetheKEVIN View Post
oh yeah, he diagnosed me too. LOL. I know my brother is just saying it to get on government assistance because he has never had a real job since he got out of prison. Went to prison at 18 and came out like age 21 I think... from there he moved to Minot to go to college and dropped out after 4 days. Moved in with his wife after 3 days of knowing her and has barely worked since...

speaking of work... I dislike my job but I know I have to stick it out. I get free pop all day and I have like 2 tshirts, 1 polo, 1 longsleeve polo, 2 hoodies and a jacket from Bytepseed all free.... I got a nintendo 3DS and a logitech g510 keyboard for free from working there too... I get insurance this week finally... I know I should be grateful and I am but I still despise getting up for work 5 days a week... that is normal isn't it?
Seems very normal. People complain when they don't have a job then complain when they do get one. People complain about being lonely and not being in a relationship but when they get in one they still complain. Its like in our nature not to be satisfied ever.
Late Bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:49 PM   #5755
Pesci Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late Bloomer View Post
Seems very normal. People complain when they don't have a job then complain when they do get one. People complain about being lonely and not being in a relationship but when they get in one they still complain. Its like in our nature not to be satisfied ever.
This is a true statement.
Pesci Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #5756
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

Horse posted an update on FB saying they are going to be on the DDP tour I think? Fuck yeah, I am going to Minneapolis for this... they have over 1000 attending on the event page on FB so they better show up.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #5757
poopie
=======

http://www.drinkify.org/HORSE%20the%20Band

seems about right
poopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:16 PM   #5758
thisperishedmin

Kev - I mostly enjoy my job but still dread starting it every day. Its just nature to want to do nothing. Yet days when I do nothing (weekends) - I often find myself pondering work or starting up remote access and doing work or studying something related, etc.

As to the rest...if you're not enjoying Fargo - why not pack it in and head somewhere else? The only thing that I miss about home is family ...even alot of friends I never thought I'd grow apart from are fading fast. If family is one of the things pushing you away, you might be surprised how quickly you can end up making a new place feel like home. Just my $0.02.

I gotta hop on your BF3 server again soon too <3
thisperishedmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #5759
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

my mom found a lump in her armpit yesterday... today she is drunk and completely unable to even talk and falling around... this is the 3rd weekend in a row she has been like this... she is turning into my grandmother, exactly. We actually brought her into the hospital last weekend and she blew a .24 after not drinking for like 6 hours... I am so sick of this shit, I am glad I am moving out in 2 weeks but I am worried about what will happen to her when I do. Oh well, this is super unhealthy for me and she is an adult and makes her own decisions, I am done with it.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #5760
Late Bloomer

My brother is a semi famous hairstylist and comes home to get drunk and cry everyday. He's constantly putting down everyone around him and trying to show himself up as a huge success but he's a mess. He looks down on my sister for being an 'EMT' and a lesbian despite the fact that he himself is gay. And looks down on me for qutting college and not doing anything with my life. I can understand his concern for me but he's an ass hole and even made my older sister cry the other day. Sick of living with this guy. He might take a job offer in spain and my sister said the apartment will be mine if he leaves and i can pay rent which will be lowered for me. She owns the condo.

I hope that shit happens. Having my own apartment in nyc with out a roommate seems too good to be true. I hope shit works out.
Late Bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote