SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-14-2006, 07:44 PM   #1
Bokbiertrol

Recent purchases

Damn, I rule!

Come on ya hoops!!!
Bokbiertrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:48 AM   #2
joeybreed

Nope it won the grand prize at the Avioraz fantastic film festival, and awards at several other gore/horror/fantasy festivals. PJ at his best.

Last edited by joeybreed; 01-15-2006 at 06:50 AM..
joeybreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:08 PM   #3
ruud

Cannibal Holocaust is ok. Not particularly fond of the animal slaying in it...
ruud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 09:12 PM   #4
scum
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruud
Cannibal Holocaust is ok. Not particularly fond of the animal slaying in it...

I love cannibal holocaust, but the scream that musk rat makes as it's being eviscerated alive always unnerves me slightly
scum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:10 PM   #5
InvoluntarySlaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokbiertrol
Damn, I rule!

Come on ya hoops!!!
Nice. I'm one of the few who like soccer or "football" or "futebol" however you guys say it. Nice Celtic jersey bro. I almost got the long sleeve all green one with gold or silver numbers. I can't remember. Haha Surt. You guys got lucky against AC Milan in the Champion's League. This will piss you off mate, I like Man U. And it's definitely not because they're the best, because Chelsea is taking that one, but I have liked them for about 10 of my almost 17 years of existence. Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the best young players right now. He represents for Portugal. Woot Woot.
InvoluntarySlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:52 PM   #6
Surt
brutulord

Aye... while I'm a lover of meat-eating thru and thru, the one aspect that does go against my grain is the actual slaughter of real animals just to make a movie. Now i'm not going to go all Morrisey uber-vegan because of it, but it just strikes me as pretty unneccassary.
Saying that the rest of the film in itself is rather good and pretty iconic too, with the image of the impaled woman having been used / distorted into many a different metal cover i think (though don't hold me to that).

Seem to be buying more horror DVDs than CDs of late, but today after checking for like the 14th time if they had it I finally managed to pick up a copy of the film about Ted Bundy - not too sure if it's the one that Gorgasm & Rompeprop sampled but i'm hoping it is - plus 'Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer' a similar sort of thing but about some killer i'd never heard of before (Henry Lee Lucas).
Surt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:03 PM   #7
KillingAddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surt
Aye... while I'm a lover of meat-eating thru and thru, the one aspect that does go against my grain is the actual slaughter of real animals just to make a movie. Now i'm not going to go all Morrisey uber-vegan because of it, but it just strikes me as pretty unneccassary.
Saying that the rest of the film in itself is rather good and pretty iconic too, with the image of the impaled woman having been used / distorted into many a different metal cover i think (though don't hold me to that).

Seem to be buying more horror DVDs than CDs of late, but today after checking for like the 14th time if they had it I finally managed to pick up a copy of the film about Ted Bundy - not too sure if it's the one that Gorgasm & Rompeprop sampled but i'm hoping it is - plus 'Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer' a similar sort of thing but about some killer i'd never heard of before (Henry Lee Lucas).
Well, the "Henry" movie is damn good! The best serial killer related flick I know! You have to see Michael Rooker as Henry and his freaky friend Otis...uargh, two highly perverted madmen!
KillingAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 02:11 PM   #8
moose

Quote:
I finally managed to pick up a copy of the film about Ted Bundy - not too sure if it's the one that Gorgasm & Rompeprop sampled but i'm hoping it is - plus 'Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer' a similar sort of thing but about some killer i'd never heard of before (Henry Lee Lucas).
it is the sample those bands used and that is probably the best scene in the movie, which all in all i didn't find thaaaaaaat great... not enough gore! i would have liked the violence to be a bit more graphic
as for "henry" i found it rather weak. but that's just my two cents...
has anyone seen "deranged" the ed gein movie? i heard (legacy-mag) that it's pretty good, but haven't gotten the chance to see it yet.
another question to all: is there a movie about albert fish? that dude was probably the sickest serial killer ever! any objections?

and yes, killing animals is pretty stupid! it's totaly unnecessary! i'd rather see some super cheap splatter FX than that!
moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:14 PM   #9
Luke

Killing an animal is uncalled for period unless in self-defense. I don't give a fuck what anyone says. Unless you killed it yourself for your dinner, don't preach the barbaric act of it. Factory farms are pure insanity and testing laboraties are even more insane. End of discussion.

P.S. Surt, which movies are you referring to about an animal getting slaughtered for its making? I'd like to know what director I'll never support ever again. Oh, and Morrissey isn't vegan. He's for the most part vegetarian one of the most intelligent and whole-hearted humans on the face of the planet, not to mention an amazing singer. That settles that.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:31 PM   #10
moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
P.S. Surt, which movies are you referring to about an animal getting slaughtered for its making? I'd like to know what director I'll never support ever again..
it's the movie "cannibal holocaust". not sure about the director though... i think it was some italian dude
moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:46 PM   #11
Surt
brutulord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
Killing an animal is uncalled for period unless in self-defense. I don't give a fuck what anyone says. Unless you killed it yourself for your dinner, don't preach the barbaric act of it. Factory farms are pure insanity and testing laboraties are even more insane. End of discussion.

P.S. Surt, which movies are you referring to about an animal getting slaughtered for its making? I'd like to know what director I'll never support ever again. Oh, and Morrissey isn't vegan. He's for the most part vegetarian one of the most intelligent and whole-hearted humans on the face of the planet, not to mention an amazing singer. That settles that.
You have your views I have mine... it just seems you use pretty much every single vague opportunity to either quote Morrisey or go on some left-wing hippy-fied preach about the ills of the world.
"End Of Discussion".

And the director is Ruggero Deodato, who hasn't made a film since 1988, so it shouldn't take much work to boycott his work.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:16 AM   #12
Luke

Quote:
You have your views I have mine... it just seems you use pretty much every single vague opportunity to either quote Morrisey or go on some left-wing hippy-fied preach about the ills of the world.
"End Of Discussion".

And the director is Ruggero Deodato, who hasn't made a film since 1988, so it shouldn't take much work to boycott his work.

Yes because i have a high regard for the suffering of animals I'm immediately deemed a ''hippy'' by tards like you. I can live with that. If I preach about an illness of the world, generally its because the topic is being discussed at hand. As with this thread, I am on topic. Go shoot yourself please.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:55 PM   #13
Surt
brutulord

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvoluntarySlaughter
Haha Surt. You guys got lucky against AC Milan in the Champion's League. This will piss you off mate, I like Man U.
to be honest man, I'm not one of these people that takes football rivalries as serious as like Muslims Vs Infidels etc... I've been a Liverpool fan pretty much all my life, that's not going to change so I'm just going to show all my support to them.

we'll soon see who's laughing last though after this Sunday's game at Old Trafford. Get ready for a good old-fashioned Scouse pasting :D

And btw, I'd hardly say coming back from a 3-goal defecit AND winning the game was 'luck'. Even if there was some luck, that all deserted us for the World Club Championship with the single most biased referee in the history of organised sport - three disallowed goals anyone?
Old 01-24-2006, 04:07 PM   #14
InvoluntarySlaughter

Quote:
to be honest man, I'm not one of these people that takes football rivalries as serious as like Muslims Vs Infidels etc... I've been a Liverpool fan pretty much all my life, that's not going to change so I'm just going to show all my support to them.

we'll soon see who's laughing last though after this Sunday's game at Old Trafford. Get ready for a good old-fashioned Scouse pasting :D

And btw, I'd hardly say coming back from a 3-goal defecit AND winning the game was 'luck'. Even if there was some luck, that all deserted us for the World Club Championship with the single most biased referee in the history of organised sport - three disallowed goals anyone?
Haha! Word bro. I don't really take it too seriously either, except for me and my best friend like the rival teams in every sport. He is a devout Arsenal fan. I feel like killing him sometimes, I swear. Oh, and I believe that the score was 1-0 Man U thanks to good ol' Rio Ferdinand. Just joshin ya man! And the "luck" comment was just me messing with you. I was in disbelief watching that game. I thought it was an excellent game, and the ref screwed you guys over bad.
InvoluntarySlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:56 PM   #15
ruud

agreed, for me there is a huge difference in slaughtering an animal for food or for entertainment purposes. Apart from that, slaughtering a live turtle in a movie doesn't really add up to the value of it for me.

As for serial killer DVD's. For some reason I don't like most of them, I usually find them rather dull. You never get to see anything, they only implie the gruesome things the killer actually does. What is left is usually a mediocre actor walking around being a killer in every day life.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:35 PM   #16
Surt
brutulord

yeah...

Regarding what Ruud said, normally I personally don't go for "biopics" of serial killers as like he said, they usually tend to be over-glamourised Hollywood stuff as opposed to the gritty reality of their crimes - perhaps why factual books about said killers are possibly better than films as it allows you to build some sort of mental picture without the trendy Hollywood cutaways and shit.

If I'm honest though, I only bought Bundy because of the music samples and my friends highly recommending it, the Henry one i stumbled across, read the back and realised it was a serial killer i'd never heard of and it was cheap (£5) so I got it. Turns out it was a good deal.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:25 PM   #17
wilkins

People always ask Junky jon why he's a veggie in a gore band, and he answers simply, he loves animals, and hates people!

Likewise, I love my steak, but no need for un-necessary cruelty!

Now, lets not get all emo!
wilkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:12 AM   #18
Surt
brutulord

heh... you should just be glad you don't have to run into Luke (Sleep Terror) and his Morrisey-quoting-uber-veganism on the Decrepit Smurf forum...
Old 01-21-2006, 03:30 AM   #19
deathevocation

For serial killer films, the Hillside Strangler isn't bad. I prefer Cannibal Ferox to Cannibal Holocaust, not as much animal cruelty shit and better story line.
deathevocation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 10:28 PM   #20
deathevocation

Back on topic, I was at my local store which had a $10AUS sale on cds. I already had the good ones (Dismember, Visceral Bleeding), so I grabbed three releases I wouldn't normally go for, the Violence reissue (ok), the newish Rotten Sound (ok for two songs so it's already above average for grind) and despite my previously experiences with this band, the last Aborted album.

Now, as objective as possible, the Aborted album is one piece of shit and I can't for the life of me, hear what people hear in this band. It really is that bad. Up there with Pillory (or whatever their fucking name is) as one of the worst purchases in recent times.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:51 AM   #21
KillingAddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathevocation
Back on topic, I was at my local store which had a $10AUS sale on cds. I already had the good ones (Dismember, Visceral Bleeding), so I grabbed three releases I wouldn't normally go for, the Violence reissue (ok), the newish Rotten Sound (ok for two songs so it's already above average for grind) and despite my previously experiences with this band, the last Aborted album.

Now, as objective as possible, the Aborted album is one piece of shit and I can't for the life of me, hear what people hear in this band. It really is that bad. Up there with Pillory (or whatever their fucking name is) as one of the worst purchases in recent times.
Calling Dismember good and Aborted/Pillory shit? Haha, you are a perfect entertainer, hahahahahahahahahahaha, does the fun ever stop?
Old 01-22-2006, 07:03 AM   #22
chokeslam
Razorized

my most recent purchase is the morbid saint - spectrum of death reissue, very kickass thrashmetal of the old skool
chokeslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 07:57 AM   #23
deathevocation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingAddiction
Calling Dismember good and Aborted/Pillory shit? Haha, you are a perfect entertainer, hahahahahahahahahahaha, does the fun ever stop?
I bet you like Korn & Soulfly.

Last edited by deathevocation; 01-22-2006 at 08:04 AM..
Old 08-25-2009, 07:42 AM   #24
deathevocation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingAddiction View Post
Thanks for bumping this thread, I wonder if KillingAddiction is still jumpin da fuck up?
Old 01-22-2006, 07:58 AM   #25
ruud

I actually think the latest Soulfly is alright :D
Old 01-22-2006, 08:01 AM   #26
deathevocation

You weren't being a smartarse though ;)
Old 01-22-2006, 10:06 AM   #27
Antæos

So anyway!

I bought a Suffocation "Breeding The Spawm" T-shirt and two Black Dahlia Murder t-shirts today, and Electric Wizard - "Dopethrone", Primordial - "The Gathering Wilderness" and Neuraxis - "Trilateral Progression" arrived yesterday. I am one happy camper.
Antæos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 03:09 PM   #28
KillingAddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antæos
So anyway!

I bought a Suffocation "Breeding The Spawm" T-shirt and two Black Dahlia Murder t-shirts today, and Electric Wizard - "Dopethrone", Primordial - "The Gathering Wilderness" and Neuraxis - "Trilateral Progression" arrived yesterday. I am one happy camper.
Electric Wizard are fuckin' great! One of the best doom acts around!
Old 01-22-2006, 05:17 PM   #29
Antæos

Totally! Although I consider it a veeeeeeeeeeeeeery sludgy/stony type of doom. But it's fucking ace no matter what.
Antæos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:38 PM   #30
ruud

Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness

GREAT album!