Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Element

Element Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-09-2007, 01:11 AM   #1
Goaters
無月

Carvin TS100

i was just looking at this poweramp today and found i could get this for half the price of the mesa 2:fifty which I've been waiting to get shipped for the past.. month or so.
i know you have one of these Mason so i was wondering if you could give me your thoughts on it?.. pros and cons etc? anything i should know about before getting this?
the amp its self looks amazing, i love the chrome and he simplicity of the face plate. i'll be going for the 6L6 if i decide to get it

cheerss.
Goaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #2
ElementGuitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaters View Post
i was just looking at this poweramp today and found i could get this for half the price of the mesa 2:fifty which I've been waiting to get shipped for the past.. month or so.
i know you have one of these Mason so i was wondering if you could give me your thoughts on it?.. pros and cons etc? anything i should know about before getting this?
the amp its self looks amazing, i love the chrome and he simplicity of the face plate. i'll be going for the 6L6 if i decide to get it

cheerss.
Don't get it. As much as I love this amp and it has worked for me very well. Carvin has horrible quality control. You will be frustrated at how many times you will send it back to get something that works. They don't make the chrome plate anymore either. I would just stick it out and wait for the Mesa.
ElementGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:03 PM   #3
Goaters
無月

serious? fuck, well i'm trying one out tomorrow. and the carvin is waaayy cheaper than the mesa, and i've heard the complete opposite in regards to the quality control. but if what you say is true then i'm quite disappointed :(
are you not happy with your Carvin?
thanks for the info anyways!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:44 PM   #4
ElementGuitar

Quote:
serious? fuck, well i'm trying one out tomorrow. and the carvin is waaayy cheaper than the mesa, and i've heard the complete opposite in regards to the quality control. but if what you say is true then i'm quite disappointed :(
I'm very happy with the tone. I just don't like driving back up to Carvin to have the amp fixed or replaced three times. I can't imagine the frustration if you had to ship the thing back and forth multiple times. The time and money spent doing that would equal to the amount of purchasing a Mesa in the first place. I spent $500 on the thing new, $70 for 6L6 tubes and $70 for them to be professionally installed and biased.
ElementGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:25 AM   #5
ElementBass

Quote:
Yeah dude, as much as I love supporting San Diego companies, Carvin has pretty much no quality control whatsoever. Handles upside down, cabinets wired incorrectly, heads that blow through all your speaker coils, just to make a short list. If and when you get a good piece of gear from them it's legit, but that is the exception rather than the rule.
ElementBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:18 PM   #6
Goaters
無月

damn! you guys are killing me here! haha.
but hey thanks for the info and shedding light on these grim facts about carvin.. this no quality control stuff sounds terrible.
it might be a stupid move on my half but i'm gonna get this poweramp while i wait for a better replacement, Mesa or VHT or something, and hope to hell it holds out for at least 3, 4 months.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:18 AM   #7
ElementBass

Quote:
damn! you guys are killing me here! haha.
but hey thanks for the info and shedding light on these grim facts about carvin.. this no quality control stuff sounds terrible.
it might be a stupid move on my half but i'm gonna get this poweramp while i wait for a better replacement, Mesa or VHT or something, and hope to hell it holds out for at least 3, 4 months.
Like I said, sometimes you get a good one and it works out great, but don't be horribly surprised if it shows up functioning strangely or not at all.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:17 AM   #8
comorbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementBass View Post
Like I said, sometimes you get a good one and it works out great, but don't be horribly surprised if it shows up functioning strangely or not at all.
FUCK MAN, i was thinking of going down to sd for a bass stack just for the price. whats the warranty situation w/ them?
comorbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:38 AM   #9
ElementBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by comorbid View Post
FUCK MAN, i was thinking of going down to sd for a bass stack just for the price. whats the warranty situation w/ them?
You got 10 days to return/exchange anything. It's a year or two on everything, the head warranty doesn't cover damage done to speakers, and the cab warranty doesn't cover damage to speakers either.