Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Adrift
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Adrift Website

Old 10-09-2004, 05:37 AM   #1
PurpleGurl

PurpleGurl slam gang member
Exclamation Hey Guys!!

Hello all in ADRIFT!
Hope all is well.. curious to know how the recording is going, and if you are all still available for the Nov 19th show @ The Masquerade!?!?

I am back in town from tour, and looking forward to catching a practice or two soon..
Get in touch with me here, or my cell, or email
me!

PS- did you hear the news about Soil?
:D
PurpleGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 08:42 PM   #2
AstlAdrift
You LOVE Adrift

AstlAdrift slam gang member
YO! Heather in the house!

Grrrrreat to hear from you, we are looking forward to the gig on 11/18 with DrinkFist. I checked out their site, and their music kinda rocks!

As to the record, at this point, the principle tracking is (predominantly) done. Drums, bass, guitars, and most vocals have been completed. We will do additional overdubs, likely here in Tampa, to finish all of the tracking. We have final mixed two songs, the advance single from the record, "Falling Shadows," and the title track from the record, "Departure." Both songs are STRONG (the acoustic solo on "Departure" will make hairs on your neck stand up...), and the mix is fucking hot. Purely ridiculous sound - our Producer, John Hughes II really knows his way around a board, and the mixes sound very major label record - guitars are HUUUUGE, drum sound is pristine, and MarQ is way up there in the mix as any good vocalist should be; plus, it is heavy (and heavy as holy hell) where it needs to be, and not where it shouldn't, and the two do not ever fight or struggle to coexist. Overall, we are exceedingly happy with the mixes we have, and we are chomping at the bit to get to the other mixes and send the record off for mastering. I know that we were looking at sometime in September to be done with the whole shebang, but we have relaxed our deadlines in an attempt to get the record done RIGHT instead of just done FAST. I am sure that everyone will appreciate the difference when they hear the album. We now have a tentative final mix timetable of mid-November. There are so many songs that will surprise people when they hear them.

Anyway, it is obvious by my gushing that I and we are very proud of the record, and we are. I feel that it could be a very important record to music fans, as it has a lot to say that everyone can identify with, as well as with radio and the industry, and I also feel the record could have a good bit of longevity, as there are several "singles." We look forward to giving it to everyone out there to share and enjoy as we do.

Ahh, enough of my longwinded-ness. Keep in touch, and get ready to be blown the fuck away!

AstlAdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 03:26 PM   #3
Tony Teegarden

Tony Teegarden slam gang member
Dude you are Seriously pissing me off. All this "gushing" and not a note to be heard yet!! You're killing me and I'm sure you're killing your other hordes of fans with "relaxing" your deadlines. We're not RELAXING over here your "Gushiness." We're tense, angry and freak'n PISSED OFF!! I feel like you just don't care. You don't love us and you're giggling at us through your fence of procrastination as we see your gleaming green teeth of gluttony and you listen to your tasty morsels of song. All the while you show them for spite oozing from your bitter lips and spit at us snippets of thought on just how TASTY they are! While WE (A)drift off into the endless black cold abyss of hunger into the month of nOvEmBER!?!? (ok the (A)drift thing was cheesy but I couldn't resist.) Just WHO do you tHINk you ARE?? The leaves will turn shades of Gold, Auburn and Brown hit the ground and get crisp Before then!!! Are you running this Deadline Munky nut operation OR Does anyone else have something to say about thIS "sometime in NoVeMbEr Crap!?

I was just curious if you could step it up for little 'o me is all. Your #1 fan sucking up to you and all that you are of RockGodness.
Love,
Blarg blarg boy :D
Tony Teegarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 04:11 PM   #4
Andro

Andro slam gang member
Quote:
Originally posted by AstlAdrift
YO! Heather in the house!

Grrrrreat to hear from you, we are looking forward to the gig on 11/18 with DrinkFist. I checked out their site, and their music kinda rocks!

As to the record, at this point, the principle tracking is (predominantly) done. Drums, bass, guitars, and most vocals have been completed. We will do additional overdubs, likely here in Tampa, to finish all of the tracking. We have final mixed two songs, the advance single from the record, "Falling Shadows," and the title track from the record, "Departure." Both songs are STRONG (the acoustic solo on "Departure" will make hairs on your neck stand up...), and the mix is fucking hot. Purely ridiculous sound - our Producer, John Hughes II really knows his way around a board, and the mixes sound very major label record - guitars are HUUUUGE, drum sound is pristine, and MarQ is way up there in the mix as any good vocalist should be; plus, it is heavy (and heavy as holy hell) where it needs to be, and not where it shouldn't, and the two do not ever fight or struggle to coexist. Overall, we are exceedingly happy with the mixes we have, and we are chomping at the bit to get to the other mixes and send the record off for mastering. I know that we were looking at sometime in September to be done with the whole shebang, but we have relaxed our deadlines in an attempt to get the record done RIGHT instead of just done FAST. I am sure that everyone will appreciate the difference when they hear the album. We now have a tentative final mix timetable of mid-November. There are so many songs that will surprise people when they hear them.

Anyway, it is obvious by my gushing that I and we are very proud of the record, and we are. I feel that it could be a very important record to music fans, as it has a lot to say that everyone can identify with, as well as with radio and the industry, and I also feel the record could have a good bit of longevity, as there are several "singles." We look forward to giving it to everyone out there to share and enjoy as we do.

Ahh, enough of my longwinded-ness. Keep in touch, and get ready to be blown the fuck away!

Whoa, calm down dude. Would you rather want a hurried album with less quality, or a well-thought out one with more quality and better production? I think that as the #1 fan you claim you are you should definately calm down and let the artists have their space.
Andro is offline   Reply With Quote