Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Anata

Anata Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
Concentrictech

What we can do to help Anata.

alright, i'm sure I and many of you have checked this board and the band's myspace almost everyday to see if there is any progress on the album recorded in 2008. unfortunately, all we know about it is that it is recorded and most likely unmixed due to what may be improper funding from earache, with whom rumor has it Anata is under contract for 2 releases. earache has obviously gone down the shitter and is focusing on trendy acts rather than the little talent they have left, and they have yet to return an email from me about the subject. a few months ago, i asked conny if there was a way i could contribute any money to get the record at least put on track for mixing, and being the champion he is, he declined, asking only that we show support in buy the record when it is finished. i'm sure it would be strange for a band to allow one fan to donate money towards the record, but maybe the band would feel less strange if the majority of their fanbase would be inclined to help. i know that given the comments i've read over the last two years, i'm not the only one willing to contribute something to get the record near completion. being in a band as well, i know that mixing and mastering aren't cheap, but i'm sure if many of us were willing to help, it would matter in some form.

so, conny, for me the offer is still on the table. if you or the band has a paypal or would be willing to open one, let this thread show you those willing to participate. if we pull something together, it could be a huge statement to the ailing music industry and could be a massive show of support for one of the few remaining independent acts in metal who shows no signs of adapting to modern trends. if the band allows, i would be willing to post the info on every metal forum possible to spread the word.

sound off people. if you want to hear this record, and i know you do, stop asking the band about their progress and do something to help. its the least we could do given what the band has given us through their recorded catalog thus far.

Last edited by Concentrictech; 10-31-2010 at 05:57 PM..
Concentrictech is offline   Reply With Quote