Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > HORSE The Band

HORSE The Band Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 70 votes, 4.93 average. Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #5671
Luigitoilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetheKEVIN View Post
my mom is 51 and was diagnosed with asthma decades ago and was diagnosed with COPD like 5 years ago and she still smokes like a chimney and she coughs like a 90 year old smoker all DAY EVERY DAY.... it has gotten so bad that she made an appointment for Monday to get checked out... she told me she thinks she has cancer but she told me she would rather not know but it has got so bad she wants to know.... I am scared. I have not had anyone close to me die yet.
My mom's the same story. She finally quit smoking 2 years ago after she had a super bad COPD attack that had her in the hospital for a couple weeks. If she didn't quit then, I have no doubt that she'd already be dead now. but it's still too little too late, and her attacks are still just gonna get worse and worse.

doon't get me wrong, it's not like I want her to die or anything...it's just I feel kinda stuck in place right now, because she doesn't really have many people in her life besides me. The only reason I'm still in Florida is because of her. I'd feel like the biggest piece of shit ever if I just up and left.
Luigitoilet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #5672
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigitoilet View Post
My mom's the same story. She finally quit smoking 2 years ago after she had a super bad COPD attack that had her in the hospital for a couple weeks. If she didn't quit then, I have no doubt that she'd already be dead now. but it's still too little too late, and her attacks are still just gonna get worse and worse.

doon't get me wrong, it's not like I want her to die or anything...it's just I feel kinda stuck in place right now, because she doesn't really have many people in her life besides me. The only reason I'm still in Florida is because of her. I'd feel like the biggest piece of shit ever if I just up and left.
I completely understand what you are saying. If she is going to die of lung cancer I want it to be very swift. My girlfriend's father died of lung cancer. Her mother is a nurse and played nurse to him in the house and he died there. My girlfriend has to watch him go crazy and try and fight him for car keys so he wouldn't drive because he was so out of it. She also specifically remembers a time when they went out to eat and the waitress asked her if she was out to eat with her grandfather because her father looked so old because of the cancer. =( The ironic thing is he quit smoking 3 years before that because he did not want to get cancer so he could see her graduate high school.
horsetheKEVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #5673
Luigitoilet

my first practice with my new band is today! should be fun. and my first show ever in public is saturday! though i'm only playing one song since I just joined this band the other day!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Conta...p_178091127385 like them even though there isn't any music up yet except a MIDI, LOL

it's not all dreamy post rock stuff either. it's about half post-rock/metal and half mathcore.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:24 PM   #5674
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

97% sure I am going to Minneapolis/St Paul for Oceano and Volumes on September 16th... excited.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:03 PM   #5675
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

got a bonus of 300 bucks this summer at work and just found out we get a 500 dollar xmas bonus too. well I do. you get 500 more each year you are there. shit is awesome! i love my employer. can't wait to actually have medical/dental insurance. i am hittin up the dentist instantly. getting all my shit fixed and getting my wisdoms yanked fo sho.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #5676
Luigitoilet

i might be going on a US tour with this local band and filming it! it won't be no Earth Tour but it should be really fun regardless
Old 08-27-2011, 02:51 AM   #5677
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigitoilet View Post
i might be going on a US tour with this local band and filming it! it won't be no Earth Tour but it should be really fun regardless
what band? come to Fargo.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:53 AM   #5678
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

the board has died down so much... they need some new material.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #5679
RatquRit

I'm jealous Luigi! Awesome.
RatquRit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #5680
Luigitoilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetheKEVIN View Post
what band? come to Fargo.
they're called Kinky Catawumpus. I'm not even a big fan of the music but they are fun guys.

http://kinkycatawampus.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kinky...app_6452028673

and also agreed on the "HORSE should make another album or do something besides fag around in europe!" I'm not which one I want more, another album or to see them again.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #5681
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

my immune system hasnt been up to par lately... i think i have a staph infection in the tip of my nose. i guess it is fairly common. it hurts cause it is swollen and it is all red. If the swelling doesnt go down by tomorrow I am going in... and I have no fuckin insurance yet. LAME
Old 08-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #5682
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

every time my five year old niece comes over she makes me watch die antwoord videos and the new skrillex video with the little girl... i love my niece.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:50 PM   #5683
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

wish I didnt accumulate so much debt. i want to go back to school in jan but i dont think i should with 15g in credit card debt. i would be going to school 5 days a week for a total of 16.5 hours and I could squeeze 26.5 hours of work in between if this place lets me work part time while going to school....
Old 08-31-2011, 04:38 PM   #5684
Luigitoilet

Man, when I woke up I was crushingly depressed. I couldn't get out of bed. But I did, and now I feel pretty decent! Life is ok.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #5685
bearodactyl
Registered Loser

I'm in Cuenca, Ecuador (for work). It's cold, and the altitude is seriously fucking with my body. But, I'm a whiney prick. It's a pretty neat place.
bearodactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #5686
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

come to Fargo for a week.... you will never complain about being anywhere else again. haha.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:34 AM   #5687
moreno1

FUCK!

Yesterday i shot my first summer music festival and it was : HOT, LOUD, EXHAUSTING AND i got so drunk i can't remember how i got to my house

But anyway, here are the pictures i took

the bands:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...00002365803091

the crowd:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...00002365803091

feel free to comment
moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #5688
Free Radical
Drug User

Post 2 months

I'm back on the net. Yay.

Let me recap and summarize what's been on my mind in the past 2 months.

Well, I moved into my new home. I felt at home almost instantly.

The youth society is going downhill badly. If we keep running like this we'll be done by the end of the year.

My troubled friend went to commit himself into some institution after he was told that if he didn't do it voluntarily, they would let a judge make him. So on that front I'm getting some rest, althought I have to take care of his cats.

I went to my sister's wedding in France. Not many people there, me, my father and my other sister, who lives in deutschland, were half of the guests. She married a ex-guerilla native equadorian twice her age, and she's expecting his child later this year. She's migrating with him and her other child to Equador this month. She gave me some bracelets, a dreamcatcher, some CD's and a t-shirt with some stereotypical native american picture on it. I want to add the text "My sister married a native american and all I got was this crappy t-shirt." to it, but it wouldn't be true.
Afterward, we drove to where my other sister lived in germany. I never got to spend a lot of time with my sisters, so I enjoyed being with them for a couple of days.

My and my love went to see 3 HTB concerts in 3 countries in 3 days, but we missed the second show.
First was Ieperfest. I also saw Touche Amore there. And the singer later performed with La Dispute. He made La Dispute sound a lot better. Ieperfest is a pretty sweet festival. Too bad I'm not really that much into hardcore.
Second would be Olgas Rock in Oberhausen, but we missed the show cause it took like 2+ hours to drive the last 20 kilometers. HTB's bus also got stuck in traffic and they missed their slot even though they took the emergency lane, and played later, but we still missed it. Erik spotted us though, and we quickly had a beer before they left.
We then ate something at the festival and searched for a hotel for 2 hours, denting my mothers car in the process. We had planned earlier to have some beers with Erik and maybe some other band members, but Erik texted me he/they didn't feel up to it, and we were pretty tired as well so I texted I'd see him the next day.
We got to Heerlen early before Booch! fest opened, so we walked around a bit and had something to eat, went to smoke some pot, and had beer or two.
It was pretty funny when HTB took the stage. Out of the 200-300 people there about 5% could potentially like them, I mean there were regular families and shit, and about 5-10 people were dancing at some point, including me and my love. Nathan's stage banter was really funny, even if he kept things pretty civilized. "I'm sorry we're having more fun than you are." And after his jeans ripped up to the crotch : "I'm sorry. I promised there would be no penis in this show."
Later we had a talked a bit with David and then a bit more with Erik, who had been sick for a couple of days now. He told me Jeremiah wasn't feeling good either, and that he might have a very unfortunate affliction that might severly limit his enjoyment in one of his biggest joys.
We then walked to the hotel with him, hugged our goodbyes and drove home.

Well, that's about it. If you peeps want to know more or see some pictures or videos I might post/link some later upon request.

Oh, and I want to learn spanish now, or I won't be able to communictate when I go visit my sister in Equador at some point. Maybe some of you guys can help. :D

Peace!
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:13 PM   #5689
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

life is a highway and i am going to ride it like ryan dunn.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #5690
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

brodyquest
Old 09-10-2011, 12:07 AM   #5691
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

4 nieces all under the age of 5 sleeping over at grandmas... where I live is ridiculous. I will be out of here before this event occurs again. insanity i tell you. perfect birth control. thank you to RUGRATS for entertaining this crazy 2 year old who will not go to bed with the other 3 at 11 pm at night...
Old 09-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #5692
bearodactyl
Registered Loser

I'm still in Ecuador. In a more downtowny area of Cuenca this time, it's pretty insane. I've been drinking like every night and working like 12 hours a day. On an interesting note, I got to go mountain-biking up in the Andes.. That was INTENSE. I'd post pictures, but I can't be assed to upload them anywhere. This is the most foreign place I've ever been, I don't speak a word of Spanish but kind of wish I did. Quite the experience.
bearodactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:26 PM   #5693
Alejandro4891

i want to get back into my normal routine of practicing guitar and music in general like a maniac, but i have a sort of mental block that stops me from doing so.
Alejandro4891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:35 AM   #5694
forestyocean
SZ2/Royal Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcox View Post
I'm still in Ecuador. In a more downtowny area of Cuenca this time, it's pretty insane. I've been drinking like every night and working like 12 hours a day. On an interesting note, I got to go mountain-biking up in the Andes.. That was INTENSE. I'd post pictures, but I can't be assed to upload them anywhere. This is the most foreign place I've ever been, I don't speak a word of Spanish but kind of wish I did. Quite the experience.
That sounds pretty great. I think I speak for other folks as well when I say you should upload those pictures immediately! I'd love to do some traveling, especially through Europe, for a few months going from place to place every few days with a friend or an SO. That would be freakin amazing, and I would have memories to last me the rest of my life. It gets me excited thinking about it now, but I know it won't be realized for more than a few years.
forestyocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:51 AM   #5695
RatquRit

here is what I've been up to lately, in pictures: www.thibincapetown.tumblr.com

But that's not the reason why I've been rather absent from the forums for a while, that, my friends and fellow htb fans, is because I decided I'd stop "wasting" my time and start prioritizing my activities. Ultimately I should also get away from facebook and twitter but I have a hard time doing that.
I'm still around from time to time, and I still love you all, I'm just not as much vocal as I used to be. I also don't have much to say really, and my tumblr says it all. Actually a huge part of my life is completely left out in this blog: girls. But that's the same for every guy so you know how it is.
RatquRit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:00 AM   #5696
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatquRit View Post
here is what I've been up to lately, in pictures: www.thibincapetown.tumblr.com

But that's not the reason why I've been rather absent from the forums for a while, that, my friends and fellow htb fans, is because I decided I'd stop "wasting" my time and start prioritizing my activities. Ultimately I should also get away from facebook and twitter but I have a hard time doing that.
I'm still around from time to time, and I still love you all, I'm just not as much vocal as I used to be. I also don't have much to say really, and my tumblr says it all. Actually a huge part of my life is completely left out in this blog: girls. But that's the same for every guy so you know how it is.
pussy... not like the forums take up any time at all compared to facebook. i really need to get off that shit.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #5697
TicalWave

I'm all for gettin' my dick wet, but why do people care so much about other's sex lives? FUCK, it's so annoying. "My gf just broke up with me, so I'll change the subject and just rip on the kid I assume is a virgin." Should I keep people like this in my LIF?
TicalWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #5698
Free Radical
Drug User

Observations

Recently some things got me wondering about the "computer simulation
universe hypothesis".
First is Verlindes hypothesis that gravity is "displaced information". But
perhaps I misinterpret what he means with that, as I can't really wrap my
head around that one.

The second is the double slit experiment in quantum physics, where a
particle seems to only make a "choice" when we look at which choice it
makes.
This sounds to me like a program only rendering something when someone is
looking at it. The particle also seems to "know" before we actually
observe the choice that we will be observing it.
Haha, this blows my mind really. I'm trying to find some kind of other
explantion for this behaviour, but I can't think of one so far, it blow my
mind, really. My non-physisist, non-programmer brain has only been at it
for 2 days or so, so that's no surprise.

Last edited by Free Radical; 09-23-2011 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: Added title :p
Old 09-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #5699
Luigitoilet

It's not that a particle is aware it's being watched and changes it path accordingly, it's that you can't observe it because the method of observation interferes with the quantum wave function.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:43 AM   #5700
Free Radical
Drug User

Maybe, but isn't the only difference in observation that the detector can tell which way it goes? If the detector can't do that, then the particle behaves differently, even if the detector is placed after the "choice" is made. I know this is inherent to quantum physics, but it doesn't really make it any less odd for me.