Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Element

Element Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-16-2007, 07:25 AM   #1
Of_Forming_Spirit
Scorched

Aeons Past Concept

Would either of you ELEMENT guys be willing to give a run through of how the concept works?! Where the idea came from etc...

I'm big on concepts and love bands that use their music to express a certain concept or message. I'm a vocalist in a band and my overall approach is conceptually driven, i strive to have everything connect, so that each song makes sense within a whole.

It really inspires me to see other bands still striving to do it, such as Decrepit Birth and you guys.
Of_Forming_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:55 AM   #2
ElementBass

Well, from my end, I'm heavily influenced by classic sci-fi narratives, specifically those of Ray Bradbury and Rod Serling's Twilight Zone. The idea of a concept album is really intriguing, but I really wanted people to piece things together and find their own meanings. The approach of compressing time through a series of views into a particular narrative allows for some cool variation in subject matter.
As for the story itself, it deals with the cyclical nature of time and the inherent rejuvenation process the universe undertakes through the passage of chronology. Scientists subscribing to the "Big Bang" theory postulate that all matter and energy started at one immesurably small point, and will one day return to this exact point. Really a beautiful metaphor for the human experience in the physical world, this school of thought reminds us that the things which comprise our physical existance all came from the same place, and to that one place they all shall one day return.
ElementBass is offline   Reply With Quote