HORSE The Band Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 70 votes, 4.93 average. Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 04:02 AM   #4411
Free Radical
Drug User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late Bloomer View Post
Hahaha are you referring to my post in the best place to live thread?
Was it that obvious?

On my mind: Playing with Erik in some german mall, he with his usual gear, me with my djembé.

And howcome, when I play S.T.A.L.K.E.R., I can spend hours just selling the loot of corpses? I think I haven't done much besides that in the game. It will take me years to finish the game, even if I start playing it every day.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #4412
Late Bloomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Radical View Post
Was it that obvious?
No it was not. It was damn hard.
Late Bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:17 AM   #4413
Free Radical
Drug User

They showed a new archeological find on national news today. When I saw it, I said "That's a piece of shit." Turns out it actually was a piece of shit. A 20,000-50,000 year old piece of hyena shit, to be exact.

Maybe I should make a career in archeology.
Free Radical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:40 PM   #4414
coruptednumber
Diamond Account Plus

"my job is a piece of shit"
coruptednumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:15 PM   #4415
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

the fm marathon is in 5 months... i am going to at least try to do the 5k nonstop... that sounds easy to a lot of people but when you consider I have never ran a mile in under 9 minutes and right now probably couldnt run a block with out stopping.... that is my first goal.
horsetheKEVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:22 PM   #4416
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetheKEVIN View Post
the fm marathon is in 5 months... i am going to at least try to do the 5k nonstop... that sounds easy to a lot of people but when you consider I have never ran a mile in under 9 minutes and right now probably couldnt run a block with out stopping.... that is my first goal.
i just got back in touch with a childhood friend who lived on the corner growing up.... he has never used drugs and works out 2 hours every night.... this could be a great influence on me.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:32 PM   #4417
Orko
LOW QUALITY LINKS

just remember when you feel like stopping, keep going, it gets a lot easier once you break the first mental hurdle. I find I can run a lot further with headphones playing HTB(I have tested this). Shoes make a huge difference. Make sure you have a good pair. have fun.
Orko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:44 PM   #4418
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orko View Post
just remember when you feel like stopping, keep going, it gets a lot easier once you break the first mental hurdle. I find I can run a lot further with headphones playing HTB(I have tested this). Shoes make a huge difference. Make sure you have a good pair. have fun.
ty, I walked 3 miles to my moms this past summer in my skateboarding brand shoes and my shins hurt for 5 days.... I am going to go to an actual running shoe store and have them help me pick out a pair... hopefully not spending more than 150. I also need to get some quality nice fitting ear buds. fun.... I will not have. lol
Old 12-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #4419
Orko
LOW QUALITY LINKS

I tried a pair of shoes over the summer that gave me plantar fasciitis from running. I couldnt figure out why it started all of a sudden. So I tried a different pair and noticed almost right away the pain was going away. Skate shoes are worthless when it comes to running. I used to wear only skate shoes but now I just rock sweet baby jesus pumas with my weekend wardrobe.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:13 AM   #4420
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

I am so fucking happy when I think about my future... for the first time in my entire life. I am scared but I am NOT going to fail this time. I have always been a quitter with everything but drugs. I quit high school and then I quit college when things got tough. I have quit jobs when they got tough too. I am so done with that fucking shit and I am doing it this time. I have started a blog.... not that anyone will ever read it... but for those that may be interested in my journey into beardism and weight loss and happiness....

edit: not that I expect any of you to keep up with my but I decided against using my name as my url incase someone like a future employer or someone googles my name...

http://bigblueviolence.blogspot.com/

Last edited by horsetheKEVIN; 12-10-2010 at 07:14 PM..
Old 12-10-2010, 02:14 AM   #4421
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

Quote:
I tried a pair of shoes over the summer that gave me plantar fasciitis from running. I couldnt figure out why it started all of a sudden. So I tried a different pair and noticed almost right away the pain was going away. Skate shoes are worthless when it comes to running. I used to wear only skate shoes but now I just rock sweet baby jesus pumas with my weekend wardrobe.
I want pumas so bad but I can not pull off any "skinny" jeans yet. That is one of my goals. I am not going to wear the scenester skinny jeans but I want to wear ones that are skinny enough that they dont go over the back of my soon to be puma's and rub on the ground.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:28 AM   #4422
Orko
LOW QUALITY LINKS

HA why dont you just get your jeans hemmed then?
Old 12-10-2010, 05:15 AM   #4423
Late Bloomer

but but but ferrets are awesome! Beard looks like in coming in nicely man. I too have decided to finally get serious about getting healthy. Been over weight all my life not to the point were its been a health issue or anything but I feel like Nathan on the dvd when he says everyone in the band looks cool no matter what they wear. lol I too want to look cool in the clothes I wear and also just be healthier.

Moving to florida with my old man while I get shit straightened out (get a job and get into the groove of things down there) then I'm gonna get a place with a friend of mine. Luckily my dad can help me get into shape.

Only downside to living with the guy is that now he's all super Christian and constantly telling me I'm a good kid I just don't have a relationship with the lord. Cheesus Christ. So poo I'll have to listen to daily lectures on how I'm not happy cause the devils in me pants and all that good stuff. But I too fee good about my future.
Late Bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #4424
horse_the_fan

Skate shoes are pretty useless unless you skateboard. They give awful support for walking not to mention they are heavy . Kevin are you a fan of any sports? I'm not really into running I don't get any joy out of it , but I do play about 5 hours of badminton a week which gets me some exercise.
horse_the_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:56 PM   #4425
Orko
LOW QUALITY LINKS

handball!
Old 12-10-2010, 03:02 PM   #4426
Pesci Power

Quote:
handball!
handball is a lot of fun once you can actually play the game.
Pesci Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #4427
Orko
LOW QUALITY LINKS

i love it
Old 12-10-2010, 05:21 PM   #4428
coruptednumber
Diamond Account Plus

i play football occasionally

coruptednumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:05 PM   #4429
forestyocean
SZ2/Royal Gregory

Soccer is for pussies, it's scientific fact. Football is pretty awesome, but rugby is even more badass than both of them combined.
forestyocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:39 PM   #4430
Pesci Power

Quote:
i love it
Have you heard of Matthew Hiber? He's one of the top handball players in the world and he instructs handball classes at my school. Little fun factoid. Even under his instruction, I still suck though.
Pesci Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:01 PM   #4431
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

Quote:
HA why dont you just get your jeans hemmed then?
That is quite the plan man. The pants will still be baggy on the bottom and for some reason I think Pumas look really dumb with baggy pants.... My point is just the same as the late bloomer... I just want to feel good about how I look in any clothes. I have always said I do not care about my clothes but that is just because I have never been comfortable.... Right now... I dislike everything about how I look in clothes and how they fit. I have not bought any clothes in maybe a year or two because of this. I am excited to expand my wardrobe tremendously when I get to where I need to be.... on another note... we have money for oxy and the dealer even called today..... we told them we quit. I for today am proud and am going to try and take this one day at a time. Thanks for the encouraging replies any who.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:02 PM   #4432
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by horse_the_fan View Post
Skate shoes are pretty useless unless you skateboard. They give awful support for walking not to mention they are heavy . Kevin are you a fan of any sports? I'm not really into running I don't get any joy out of it , but I do play about 5 hours of badminton a week which gets me some exercise.
I played hockey until high school. I am super excited to get back into playing in the bar leagues. I do not think I enjoy running either but I was reading in my Maxim that lots of recovering addicts find solace in running. Apparently if I push myself further than I can think I can go I will hit this point where my brain releases dopamine just like when I do an opiate.... I am hoping to get addicted to this instead.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #4433
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late Bloomer View Post
but but but ferrets are awesome! Beard looks like in coming in nicely man. I too have decided to finally get serious about getting healthy. Been over weight all my life not to the point were its been a health issue or anything but I feel like Nathan on the dvd when he says everyone in the band looks cool no matter what they wear. lol I too want to look cool in the clothes I wear and also just be healthier.

Moving to florida with my old man while I get shit straightened out (get a job and get into the groove of things down there) then I'm gonna get a place with a friend of mine. Luckily my dad can help me get into shape.

Only downside to living with the guy is that now he's all super Christian and constantly telling me I'm a good kid I just don't have a relationship with the lord. Cheesus Christ. So poo I'll have to listen to daily lectures on how I'm not happy cause the devils in me pants and all that good stuff. But I too fee good about my future.
Weird how similar we are.... I am happy for you. OK, enough posting for this guy for a bit. heh.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:21 PM   #4434
forestyocean
SZ2/Royal Gregory

I think it's called a second wind.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:27 PM   #4435
horsetheKEVIN
ONEINCHPUNCHER

Quote:
Another widely publicized effect of endorphin production is the so-called "runner's high", which is said to occur when strenuous exercise takes a person over a threshold that activates endorphin production. Endorphins are released during long, continuous workouts, when the level of intensity is between moderate and high, and breathing is difficult. This also corresponds with the time that muscles use up their stored glycogen. During a release of endorphins the person may be exposed to bodily harm from strenuous bodily functions after going past his or her body's physical limit. This means that runners can keep running despite pain, continuously surpassing what they once considered to be their limit
So it seems like this may not be a good idea to achieve. lol
Old 12-11-2010, 06:31 AM   #4436
Dervillian

do it Kevin. You would be surprised how awesome it can be to struggle with puking because of exhaustion. Every time you`re at your limit and still going on is good time
Dervillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #4437
RomanConquest49

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestyocean View Post
Soccer is for pussies, it's scientific fact. Football is pretty awesome, but rugby is even more badass than both of them combined.
I got three concussions playing rugby and my friend on the team got a really bad broken shoulder a la the general. Fun, but painful.
RomanConquest49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #4438
horse_the_fan

It's funny most of the "pussy" sports are insanely healthy for you to do. Soccer (football), Badminton, Cross Country Skiing, Cycling , Swimming . They maybe not most bad ass of sports but they will get you into shape.
I once read an article where they took professional athletes from various different sports and tested their pure endurance . Cross Country Skiing came out on top aha.
horse_the_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:00 PM   #4439
TeeHeeGaiz
u mad?

my 20th birthday is in 7 hours :D

im not dead btw
TeeHeeGaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #4440
forestyocean
SZ2/Royal Gregory

Fall term ended this week so I've been busy chillin so hard lately