SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-19-2017, 02:37 AM   #1501
DrippingInsanity

Rep Power: 25 DrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud of
Re: Beer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honky Reduction View Post
That looks and sounds insane^ Been some time since I've posted anything here but summer in Sweden is a bad month for new beers on our stores.

Do you guys use untapped?
It was quite tasty. I should've traded it for something much better, but eh. Oh well.

I have an untappd account, but haven't really checked in much anymore. My name on there is the same as on here if you want to look it up.

A local bar pulled up some quality Prairie beers tonight. Bought a Apple Brandy Noir '13 and it was as delicious as I remember.

DrippingInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:02 AM   #1502
Honky Reduction

Rep Power: 0 Honky Reduction is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrippingInsanity View Post
It was quite tasty. I should've traded it for something much better, but eh. Oh well.

I have an untappd account, but haven't really checked in much anymore. My name on there is the same as on here if you want to look it up.

A local bar pulled up some quality Prairie beers tonight. Bought a Apple Brandy Noir '13 and it was as delicious as I remember.

Thats on my wishlist! Seen some top reviews about it :) A bunch of european webshops got a bunch of them acouple of months ago but I couldnt get my hands on them :(

Drank my first ever Firestone Walker last night, Bravo. Was very good.
Honky Reduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:28 PM   #1503
ceddeeoo
LORD OF DARKNESS

the megadeth beer from Unibroue, A Tout le Monde, is back in stock :D loved that beer so i bought a couple 750mls
ceddeeoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:32 AM   #1504
mircfool

love that brandy BA prairie. Grabbed some bourbon Paradaise, vanilla noire and bcbcs at my local today!
mircfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 11:23 AM   #1505
Alex

Quote:

Dig most of the Prairie stuff I've had. Pirate Bomb was exceptional.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:32 AM   #1506
depravedatbirth

Is there any beer created by Satan himself?
depravedatbirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 03:06 PM   #1507
Honky Reduction

Highlight of the weekend:

Fantastic.

Last edited by Honky Reduction; 09-05-2018 at 03:08 PM..
Old 09-05-2018, 08:02 PM   #1508
DrippingInsanity

Rep Power: 25 DrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Highlight of the weekend:

Fantastic.

Tilquin rules. I'd take their Gueuze over Cantillon's any day of the week.

Speaking of, did a bit of a share on Sunday that had some Drie Fontienen, Tilquin, Cantillon, and some other stuff. Was pretty rad.

Oh, forgot to mention. Since the end of April, I know work at a brewery. It's been pretty cool so far.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:13 PM   #1509
Honky Reduction

Quote:
Tilquin rules. I'd take their Gueuze over Cantillon's any day of the week.

Speaking of, did a bit of a share on Sunday that had some Drie Fontienen, Tilquin, Cantillon, and some other stuff. Was pretty rad.

Oh, forgot to mention. Since the end of April, I know work at a brewery. It's been pretty cool so far.
Looks very nice! We had a nice year for 3F here in Sweden. I see alot of their standard Gueze still on the shelves
Old 09-07-2018, 06:34 PM   #1510
DrippingInsanity

Quote:
Looks very nice! We had a nice year for 3F here in Sweden. I see alot of their standard Gueze still on the shelves
Buy it all up!
Old 09-20-2018, 11:21 PM   #1511
justin007

Just picked up a 2011 Reserve a few days ago. My beer shop down the street had just received 12 of them that same day, Wednesday. I told him I'd come back Fri/Sat for 2, so I asked him to save them in the back for me. He assured me no one would come for them and I just went along with it...My buddy went in the next day and he said there were only 2 left. I come back on friday and there was only one but my check hadn't arrived to my house yet...Thankfully my girl said she'd pay for it. Wish I'd get to try it but I will be aging this one.
justin007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:57 PM   #1512
DrippingInsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin007 View Post
Just picked up a 2011 Reserve a few days ago. My beer shop down the street had just received 12 of them that same day, Wednesday. I told him I'd come back Fri/Sat for 2, so I asked him to save them in the back for me. He assured me no one would come for them and I just went along with it...My buddy went in the next day and he said there were only 2 left. I come back on friday and there was only one but my check hadn't arrived to my house yet...Thankfully my girl said she'd pay for it. Wish I'd get to try it but I will be aging this one.
2011 Reserve of what?

I used to work full time at a liquor store (now only part time) and let me tell ya, most people that work at these stores don't know/give a shit about beer. Most of the people I've worked with had no interest in beer and didn't even bother to worry about setting limits on harder to get stuff. The only thing I can suggest is try to make friends with the beer person at the store you frequent so that you can get an in on the rarer stuff and have a more solid answer if they can hold stuff for ya.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:59 AM   #1513
Deathstalker

I had one of these earlier tonight watching the Rams and Vikings game, I would recommend. I also drank some regular Dead Guy Ale which is also good but nothing new for me and i'm guessing most in this thread have already tried it. This new one is seasonal though. This is a beer thread but I also picked up a bottle of the Dead Guy Whiskey but I haven't opened it yet.

Last edited by Deathstalker; 09-28-2018 at 04:05 AM..
Deathstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:28 PM   #1514
Tomes of Deceit
keyboard warrior

I discovered Dirigo Brewing when I was up in Maine for vacation the other week. It's lagers only, I got their IPL, Helles lager, and a lager brewed with lemongrass, ginger and hibiscus. They're all really good, hopefully their distribution gets better.

Overall the beer situation is a lot worse now that I've moved back to MA from CA. The NE IPA thing is good for a novelty but I just think West Coast IPA is far superior. Also I miss being able to get lots of very strong options in 6 packs at the grocery store for 8-12 bucks. Around here so many breweries have moved to fucking dumbass 4-pks of tallboys and they always cost around $15-$16 bucks at the liquor store. Most of the grocery stores still don't carry alcohol because of the blue laws.
Tomes of Deceit is offline   Reply With Quote