SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.







Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-08-2016, 02:47 AM   #1441
cry0fth3carr0ts
boognish
 
cry0fth3carr0ts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: mo
Posts: 4,416
Rep Power: 18 cry0fth3carr0ts beat up jewskicry0fth3carr0ts beat up jewski
Re: Beer Thread

imma drink another modelo bc i lost my job moving furniture at this antique mall. fuckers. fat bitch tattling on me for sitting down for a goddamn second. how come every fucking fat bitch i know is a vegetarian? that doesn't work. cows are vegetarians and people say fat as a cow all the time. stupid fucking job anyways. pretending like i give a fuck about what old people think of other old people's shit. fuck them. modellloooooo!!!!

i love this fucking website. i saw that everyone is listing to this zhrine shit and soon as i know it i'm in fucking love. vox have a bit too much reverb. still badass as fuck.

oh yeah, beer thread... i tried this thing called an extra special bitters instead of english style bitters and it was good as hell. you all probably know the difference. also dropkick ale. i drink that a lot. both are good.
cry0fth3carr0ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:00 AM   #1442
DrippingInsanity
____________________
 
DrippingInsanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,177
Rep Power: 25 DrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud of
Re: Beer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honky Reduction View Post
Thats a preatty sweet lineup right there!^

I went to a beer festival last night. Just a sample of the amazing stuff I had:

Avery brewing lilikoi kepolo
Lambiek Special Geuzestekerij De Cam
Cuvee Sofie Alvino Fruit Beer
Stone Ruination Double IPA 2.0
Stone Coffee Milk Stout
Prairie Eliza5beth Midwest Farmhouse Ale
Fortunate Island w/ Grapefruit Zest
The Lost Abbey Framboise De Amorosa
De Cam, Prairie, Stone, Modern Times, and Lost Abbey all make quality stuff, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry0fth3carr0ts View Post
imma drink another modelo bc i lost my job moving furniture at this antique mall. fuckers. fat bitch tattling on me for sitting down for a goddamn second. how come every fucking fat bitch i know is a vegetarian? that doesn't work. cows are vegetarians and people say fat as a cow all the time. stupid fucking job anyways. pretending like i give a fuck about what old people think of other old people's shit. fuck them. modellloooooo!!!!

i love this fucking website. i saw that everyone is listing to this zhrine shit and soon as i know it i'm in fucking love. vox have a bit too much reverb. still badass as fuck.

oh yeah, beer thread... i tried this thing called an extra special bitters instead of english style bitters and it was good as hell. you all probably know the difference. also dropkick ale. i drink that a lot. both are good.

Something tells me that girl ain't a vegetarian. But, that's just me. lol Though, drinking quantity of Modelo would certainly get you nowhere.

>Extra Special Bitter....English Style Bitter

It's definitely Extra Special Bitter (shortly named as an ESB)
DrippingInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 04:08 PM   #1443
cry0fth3carr0ts
boognish
 
cry0fth3carr0ts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: mo
Posts: 4,416
Rep Power: 18 cry0fth3carr0ts beat up jewskicry0fth3carr0ts beat up jewski
Re: Beer Thread

that fat bitch probably sucks on the ranch dressing bottle like a teat before bed.

i'm pretty sure it was this one but in a big bottle. i know schlafly has a good one but it only comes out during winter.
cry0fth3carr0ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 12:52 AM   #1444
mircfool
Registered User
 
mircfool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hotlanta
Posts: 4,810
Rep Power: 20 mircfool slam gang member
Re: Beer Thread

Damn man. That's an incredible share. I need to find one to pop some bottles soon! That Sam Adams must have been so good. I've never heard of it, but I can only imagine how crazy it was aged that long.
mircfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:38 AM   #1445
DrippingInsanity
____________________
 
DrippingInsanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,177
Rep Power: 25 DrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud of
Re: Beer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry0fth3carr0ts View Post
that fat bitch probably sucks on the ranch dressing bottle like a teat before bed.

i'm pretty sure it was this one but in a big bottle. i know schlafly has a good one but it only comes out during winter.
Mmmmmm...ranch dressing teet. Everyone needs a little snacky-poo before bed. Amirite?

Schlafly does some quality stuff! Their BA Imp Stout sits on the shelf here in Indy and I'm glad about that as it means I can buy one up any time I want and enjoy it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mircfool View Post
Damn man. That's an incredible share. I need to find one to pop some bottles soon! That Sam Adams must have been so good. I've never heard of it, but I can only imagine how crazy it was aged that long.
Here's the funny thing about it. It wasn't good, yet not bad at the same time. It was just so complex, drinking it was an experience in its own right and I doubt I'll ever drink a beer that'll leave me speechless in terms of describing it.


It's a long shot, but do you plan on going to Dark Lord Day this year?
DrippingInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:44 PM   #1446
mircfool
Registered User
 
mircfool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hotlanta
Posts: 4,810
Rep Power: 20 mircfool slam gang member
Re: Beer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrippingInsanity View Post
Here's the funny thing about it. It wasn't good, yet not bad at the same time. It was just so complex, drinking it was an experience in its own right and I doubt I'll ever drink a beer that'll leave me speechless in terms of describing it.


It's a long shot, but do you plan on going to Dark Lord Day this year?
That makes perfect sense and I'm jealous of something like that; those are the cool beer experiences other than just drinking whales and stuff.

Nope, I've never been and the two times I've had DL didn't leave me wanting to seek it out. I would love a variant, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle or trade value. Maybe some time! You going?
mircfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:26 AM   #1447
Honky Reduction
Registered User
 
Honky Reduction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,554
Rep Power: 0 Honky Reduction is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Beer Thread

Sweden got a batch of Founders KBS 2016 yesterday and I got two of them! Had one for the first time last night...really amazing!
Honky Reduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 11:16 AM   #1448
mircfool
Registered User
 
mircfool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hotlanta
Posts: 4,810
Rep Power: 20 mircfool slam gang member
Re: Beer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honky Reduction View Post
Sweden got a batch of Founders KBS 2016 yesterday and I got two of them! Had one for the first time last night...really amazing!
hilarious that you guys get it over there and we barely get distro here in the southeastern US. It's pretty good, but the Omnipollo BA beers are on par or better. It used to be one of the best around, but a lot of breweries have caught up on the game.
mircfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 04:27 AM   #1449
Honky Reduction
Registered User
 
Honky Reduction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,554
Rep Power: 0 Honky Reduction is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Beer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mircfool View Post
hilarious that you guys get it over there and we barely get distro here in the southeastern US. It's pretty good, but the Omnipollo BA beers are on par or better. It used to be one of the best around, but a lot of breweries have caught up on the game.
And just as ironic, I havent tried any of the Omnipollo Barrel Aged stuff. They are so damn hard to get :)

But at the same time the KBS was released here, Omnipollos colab with the swedish Dugges Brewery, Anagram, a 12% Blueberry Cheesecake Stout was released and I got my hands on a couple of bottles.

That one was very good! But I guess they use aromas which makes it taste a little to chemical...but besides that it tasted like my favourite ice-cream :)

Honky Reduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:40 AM   #1450
mircfool
Registered User
 
mircfool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hotlanta
Posts: 4,810
Rep Power: 20 mircfool slam gang member
Re: Beer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honky Reduction View Post
And just as ironic, I havent tried any of the Omnipollo Barrel Aged stuff. They are so damn hard to get :)

But at the same time the KBS was released here, Omnipollos colab with the swedish Dugges Brewery, Anagram, a 12% Blueberry Cheesecake Stout was released and I got my hands on a couple of bottles.

That one was very good! But I guess they use aromas which makes it taste a little to chemical...but besides that it tasted like my favourite ice-cream :)
Ha, I guess that is pretty ironic. Breweries distributing further than they should seems to be rampant!

Dang, that sounds like it could be fantastic, but if they used concentrates or syrups for the flavors, sometimes those end up off. Would love to try it. That bottle art/label is pretty damn cool! I was drinking a local DIPA and playing overwatch:



Cheers!

Last edited by mircfool; 05-24-2016 at 10:47 AM..
mircfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:20 PM   #1451
mircfool
Registered User
 
mircfool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hotlanta
Posts: 4,810
Rep Power: 20 mircfool slam gang member
Re: Beer Thread

New keg in the house!

mircfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 01:46 PM   #1452
Honky Reduction
Registered User
 
Honky Reduction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,554
Rep Power: 0 Honky Reduction is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Beer Thread

Love those Averys beer! We got some here in Sweden just in time for summer :)

Last edited by Honky Reduction; 07-05-2016 at 03:14 PM..
Honky Reduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:18 PM   #1453
mircfool
Registered User
 
mircfool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hotlanta
Posts: 4,810
Rep Power: 20 mircfool slam gang member
Re: Beer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honky Reduction View Post
Love those Founders beer! We got some here in Sweden just in time for summer :)
What all gets over there?
mircfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:25 AM   #1454
Honky Reduction
Registered User
 
Honky Reduction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,554
Rep Power: 0 Honky Reduction is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Beer Thread

Haha yeah almost! Here a short list of awesome beers swedens liquor stores are getting this summer/autmumn:

Founder's Sumatra Mountain Brown
Rodenbach Caracter Rouge
Stone Arrogant Bastard
Founder's Devil Dancer
Stone Pataskala Red X IPA
Dieu du Ciel Herbe √* D√©tourne
Modern Times Fruitlands Apricot Gose
Stone Americano Stout
Ballast Point Homework Series 7
Founder's Mosaic Promise
Founder's ReDANKulous
Boulevard Love Child No 7
OWA Ume Lambic
Lagunitas Lucky 13
Brooklyn The Discreet Charm of the Framboise
Dupont/Lost Abbey Deux Amis
Avery Uncle Jacob's Stout
Bell's Expedition Stout
Lagunitas Aunt Sally
Lagunitas Wilco Tango Foxtrot
Innis & Gunn Hopped Bourbon Cask
Avery Raja Double IPA

EDIT: DANG! I edited my last post.. Avery Liilikoi kepolo not Founders :P

Last edited by Honky Reduction; 07-05-2016 at 03:15 PM..
Honky Reduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:22 AM   #1455
mircfool
Registered User
 
mircfool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hotlanta
Posts: 4,810
Rep Power: 20 mircfool slam gang member
Re: Beer Thread

Man, I wish we got modern times over here. Their beers are amazing! Love Child is one of my favorite series too. That Avery beer may be one of my favorites. I can't get enough. I thought you saw the founders cap in that display and mentioned it from there!
mircfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 04:10 PM   #1456
Honky Reduction
Registered User
 
Honky Reduction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,554
Rep Power: 0 Honky Reduction is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Beer Thread

30 degrees celcius here in Sweden yesterday so I thought the Rodenbach Caracter Rouge would be perfect on the balcony. And it was! Wonderful fruit beer, so delicious! Alot of tart redberries and some oak.

Got no photo though :/
Honky Reduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:30 PM   #1457
Tomes of Deceit
keyboard warrior
 
Tomes of Deceit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 8,029
Rep Power: 24 Tomes of Deceit beat up jewski
Re: Beer Thread

I'm drinking Anchor Go West IPA. I think that was a nice addition this year to the lineup of readily available, reasonably inexpensive go-to IPA's.

The other thing I have in my fridge now is Stone Mocha IPA. It's pretty interesting, pricey though.

Been wanting some Yeungling lately. I wish they had that in CA. lol.
Tomes of Deceit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 08:43 PM   #1458
mircfool
Registered User
 
mircfool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hotlanta
Posts: 4,810
Rep Power: 20 mircfool slam gang member
Re: Beer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomes of Deceit View Post
I'm drinking Anchor Go West IPA. I think that was a nice addition this year to the lineup of readily available, reasonably inexpensive go-to IPA's.

The other thing I have in my fridge now is Stone Mocha IPA. It's pretty interesting, pricey though.

Been wanting some Yeungling lately. I wish they had that in CA. lol.
I'll gladly sent you some Yeungling for some of the amazing beers you get out there!

That Mocha is great, but definitely pricey.

I'm still sipping on this keg of Automatic. Just read that it has moteuka hops, which is one of my favorite hop varieties. No wonder I love this beer!

We are getting some nice Cigar City distro after the Oskar Blues purchase. Can't go wrong with buying Zhukov at your local place in Georgia...

Where's Dripping been?
mircfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:16 AM   #1459
Honky Reduction
Registered User
 
Honky Reduction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,554
Rep Power: 0 Honky Reduction is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Beer Thread

Went to Stockholm this weekend and bought some nice beers:


EDIT:

Btw, this thread needs to start going again!
Honky Reduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:16 PM   #1460
mircfool
Registered User
 
mircfool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hotlanta
Posts: 4,810
Rep Power: 20 mircfool slam gang member
Re: Beer Thread

dang! really nice haul. have you cracked any open yet?
mircfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:20 PM   #1461
Honky Reduction
Registered User
 
Honky Reduction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,554
Rep Power: 0 Honky Reduction is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Beer Thread

Yeah I only got the Modern Times one left and I'm considering to trade it :) The other ones were alright. The Framboisie was kinda weak though.
Honky Reduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 05:04 PM   #1462
mircfool
Registered User
 
mircfool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hotlanta
Posts: 4,810
Rep Power: 20 mircfool slam gang member
Re: Beer Thread

wouldn't have guessed trade, alright, and weak out of those 4! I've been saving up stouts for the colder weather. got a set of the Cycle Brewing Anniversary BA coffee stouts. they're damn good. drank a 32 oz of Pairie Paradise the other day. great stuff!

mircfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:12 PM   #1463
The Duff
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 342
Rep Power: 13 The Duff beat up john dwyer
Re: Beer Thread

I'm new to the USA but I've taken a liking to Vallejo and Fun Sponge.

My favourite is probably Leffe Blonde or Duvel.
The Duff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:56 AM   #1464
Honky Reduction
Registered User
 
Honky Reduction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,554
Rep Power: 0 Honky Reduction is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Beer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mircfool View Post
wouldn't have guessed trade, alright, and weak out of those 4! I've been saving up stouts for the colder weather. got a set of the Cycle Brewing Anniversary BA coffee stouts. they're damn good. drank a 32 oz of Pairie Paradise the other day. great stuff!
Yeah well I bet the Modern Times one is awesome its just that some dude here in Sweden maybe is willing to trade that one + some Bells ES for 3F and Tilquin Mure/Quetsche :)

Those Cycle beers looks so awesome! Great lable!
Honky Reduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:45 PM   #1465
ceddeeoo
LORD OF DARKNESS
 
ceddeeoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: fields ov fólkvangr
Posts: 6,874
Rep Power: 18 ceddeeoo beat up jewskiceddeeoo beat up jewski
Re: Beer Thread

there's a craft beer shop that opened right in front of my appartment this summer. It's great and cheap. All the craft beers are quebecois beers but i'm not complaining... i get something different every time :)
ceddeeoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:21 PM   #1466
mircfool
Registered User
 
mircfool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hotlanta
Posts: 4,810
Rep Power: 20 mircfool slam gang member
Re: Beer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honky Reduction View Post
Yeah well I bet the Modern Times one is awesome its just that some dude here in Sweden maybe is willing to trade that one + some Bells ES for 3F and Tilquin Mure/Quetsche :)

Those Cycle beers looks so awesome! Great lable!
I certainly don't blame you for that trade then!

Yeah, very cool looking, love the colors!



had some fun beers recently:



mircfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:25 PM   #1467
Alejandro4891
Registered User
 
Alejandro4891's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Queens,NY
Posts: 2,608
Rep Power: 12 Alejandro4891 beat up jewski
Re: Beer Thread

i know it's hard cider, but what other types of cider/beer will i like if i really enjoy woodchuck cider's granny smith?
Alejandro4891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 10:02 PM   #1468
mircfool
Registered User
 
mircfool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hotlanta
Posts: 4,810
Rep Power: 20 mircfool slam gang member
Re: Beer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro4891 View Post
i know it's hard cider, but what other types of cider/beer will i like if i really enjoy woodchuck cider's granny smith?
Crispin makes some craft ciders with different flavor profiles. You could see if you could track those down. Flavored beers would probably be a good start, also. Liefmans' fruit variants are easily found and perfect intros to the Belgian style beers: peche would be right up your alley. Report back!
mircfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 12:15 AM   #1469
Alejandro4891
Registered User
 
Alejandro4891's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Queens,NY
Posts: 2,608
Rep Power: 12 Alejandro4891 beat up jewski
Re: Beer Thread

my neighborhood has a pretty good selection of beer/cider for sale, but i don't want to waste money randomly trying out things i may not enjoy. i've tried to use halftimebeverage.com to order online, but their service hasn't been available for quite some time. i will definitely try to see if i can find what you recommended.
Alejandro4891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 03:37 AM   #1470
DrippingInsanity
____________________
 
DrippingInsanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,177
Rep Power: 25 DrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud ofDrippingInsanity has much to be proud of
Re: Beer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mircfool View Post
Where's Dripping been?
Hello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mircfool View Post
Yeah, very cool looking, love the colors!


Fuck. How were they?

By the way, I totally forgot to send you a package. I'll get that out early next week, which will include that Mikkeller glass.


Anyhow, I've had A LOT of good beers since my last post. But, one moment that I feel I should talk about is last Saturday. Last Saturday, nine friends and I came together to do a big tasting on every barrel aged variant of this year's Dark Lord. It was such an amazing time and I wish I could relive it over and over. Besides those, I brought a bottle of Drie Fonteinen's Framboos and it was delicious as fuck!!! Other highlights (besides the DL variants) included Hill Farmstead's Double Galaxy and Mantra's Cassis.

Top 5:
1. French Vanilla Militia
2. Marshmallow Handjee
3. Ronaldo
4. De Muerte
5. Bourbon





DrippingInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
1. don't give a fuck, 2. drink pbr and heineken, flayedandmalted, gayedandpinned, heineken? fuck that shit!, smoke weed everyday, x.lol a bunch of 20yr old, x.so called beer experts, ~combust hemp, ~every solar rotation




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:01 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SMNnews.com: 2002 -