SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 05:17 PM   #31
Szadou
#GlitterTearsCoterie

Come June 6th you'll hear a report about a man stopped at Bogota airport with a garbage bag full of coke stuck up his anus.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:14 PM   #32
airbagskillbabies
Riding A Comet!

I like shawns bands, and would like to help someone out so they can continue to make music for my ears to enjoy.

However...Pretty much, this is how it would go if you gave him the money...You'd get a couple free shirts, and no cash payment. When you ask about it, guy would blow up and tell you he's hooking YOU up with free merch, but since YOU had to be such a jackass hassling him about the money, he would cancel the merch agreement, and you'd get nothing.

Not that I dont trust anyone, its just that I dont trust anyone. Just sayin'.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #33
Hunter Drugs-Hendrix
BlackWhereItCounts

I sell on Ebay all the time and once I did have a dispute that cost me $300....

but he should not have fucked with the money he was given for the flight if it was so important to him... Out of curiosity I checked the flight prices through hotwire/kayak and if you bought them today they would be $1550 for the cheapest...That's why a smart organizer books far in advance...

everyday it's gonna go up a little ....

So what if he can't make it? Kinda fucking over ol' Curby...he's a nice dude

good luck ...hope it all works out....but...
Old 04-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #34
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll

MOD fuck yeah!

LOL @ tags.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:40 PM   #35
entwinedwithsickness
almost human

FWIW, it is possible if you are the seller of an item where there is a major dispute, your account could be frozen and drained by Paypal. Its why I never leave over $20 in it.

Still, look at who it is and his past. Not sure I believe it.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:15 PM   #36
Dr. Kang Mao-pang
yes it's chalky

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwinedwithsickness View Post
FWIW, it is possible if you are the seller of an item where there is a major dispute, your account could be frozen and drained by Paypal. Its why I never leave over $20 in it.
Yeah, which is why i personally refuse to believe someone who has any knowledge of how the electronic world words could leave a fair wack of cash just sitting in his paypal account untouched, waiting for a (months) later date to what? pay his international airfares with paypal? haha right

He obviously spent it and tried to recoup. If he is so short of cash now that one loss of dough has left him stranded, sif he left a wack of cash just sitting in that account untouched haha...
Old 04-18-2010, 10:27 PM   #37
entwinedwithsickness
almost human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalky View Post
Yeah, which is why i personally refuse to believe someone who has any knowledge of how the electronic world words could leave a fair wack of cash just sitting in his paypal account untouched, waiting for a (months) later date to what? pay his international airfares with paypal? haha right

He obviously spent it and tried to recoup. If he is so short of cash now that one loss of dough has left him stranded, sif he left a wack of cash just sitting in that account untouched haha...
If it was anybody but Whitaker I might believe it. Who the fuck lets that money sit in paypal for an extended period of time? Not to mention OEF is coming up July 15-17..he'll be back the 19th he says, and then he'll have $1200 or more to pay the person back? I can't believe he'll be back with over $500 in his pocket provided he doesn't snort it all away in the Czech Republic.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:29 PM   #38
Javi
Bring Them Down!

Someone get that guy a job
Old 04-19-2010, 01:00 AM   #39
NotIncin
Coma's a douche

LMAO @ get a jerb
Old 04-19-2010, 01:18 AM   #40
Cloaca
IS HE GONE YET

lmao @ Decadent orgy of powdery insufflation
Old 04-19-2010, 02:34 AM   #41
Javi
Bring Them Down!

Someone hand Shawn & Mike Smith the fucking classified's & a red marker, please.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:15 AM   #42
Mol
WOMBBEATER

z.must go to europe to zz.snort the volcano ash

hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 04-19-2010, 05:37 AM   #43
Spew
Big Baby Jesus

Tags make me proud to be a man.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:08 AM   #44
rfe
idk

It's safe to say that Whitaker can now join the leagues of Sanders, James Lee and Nergal in ultimate tag fodder.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #45
Reincremation
deranged from bud

i want the dude to write an angry message where he responds to the detractors.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #46
Grindmasterflesh
Cashflow Metal

would sure be golden
Old 04-19-2010, 01:41 PM   #47
bambaclat
SLAWTH

this guy is pathetic. someone send him anthrax,plz

lol@ these tags!!!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #48
Dunlop

Really fucking lame... I hope his plans go to total shit... somehow without effecting this Curby dude I've always heard good things about
Old 04-19-2010, 02:04 PM   #49
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll

Yeah, just for the record, he's got one very shitty reputation here. Haven't seen ID/Viral Load on a flyer for anything here in forever. When bands can't even play in their own town its rather sad and says something about their band. He can act like he simply doesn't want to but that in itself is pretty fucking stupid.

Last edited by disGUSt(tx); 04-19-2010 at 02:19 PM..
Old 04-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #50
serocs
>implying

send him some talc powder
Old 04-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #51
xaidsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by disGUSt(tx) View Post
Yeah, just for the record, he's got one very shitty reputation here. Haven't seen ID/Viral Load on a flyer for anything here in forever.
sucks that many of you supposedly have had poor $ experiences directly with Shawn Whitaker, b/c he's always been professional and easy to work with for me.

what people do with their money is their own damn business. if you don't "trust" the guy to help you out, i don't think his enjoyment for railing huge lines really matters much.

grind 4 coke = life
Old 04-19-2010, 03:06 PM   #52
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaidsx View Post
sucks that many of you supposedly have had poor $ experiences directly with Shawn Whitaker, b/c he's always been professional and easy to work with for me.
I don't mean it like that, frankly the guy has been out of the loop for years here, and has been the subject of constant jokes since I first heard of the guy. No one here takes him seriously, which is probably why he doesn't play here a lot here.
I haven't even had a "direct" poor experience with the dude because I have never have even had the opportunity to be put such a position. Despite his reputation I would probably still help him/ask for his help if I felt I needed to, since he is a local so there is only so much risk to be taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaidsx View Post
what people do with their money is their own damn business. if you don't "trust" the guy to help you out, i don't think his enjoyment for railing huge lines really matters much.

grind 4 coke = life
It makes me wonder just a bit if you didn't read what has happened. He screwed over a foreign promoter, and (somehow) lost all of his money that was given to him for the ticket. I don't consider that "his" money, its OEF's and its fest-goers money. Promoters who screw over bands are fucked up, but bands who fuck the promoters are especially fucked because promoters put their balls on a chopping block and typically don't get enough credit for it.
I'm definitely not one to judge anyone for doing blow, I am a fan of the occasional indulgence myself, but this guy clearly has his priorities fucked up, and he has seriously screwed a promoter and wants his fans to bail him out.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #53
xaidsx

Quote:
I don't mean it like that, frankly the guy has been out of the loop for years here, and has been the subject of constant jokes since I first heard of the guy. No one here takes him seriously, which is probably why he doesn't play here a lot here.
I haven't even had a "direct" poor experience with the dude because I have never have even had the opportunity to be put such a position. Despite his reputation I would probably still help him/ask for his help if I felt I needed to, since he is a local so there is only so much risk to be taken.

It makes me wonder just a bit if you didn't read what has happened. He screwed over a foreign promoter, and (somehow) lost all of his money that was given to him for the ticket. I don't consider that "his" money, its OEF's and its fest-goers money. Promoters who screw over bands are fucked up, but bands who fuck the promoters are especially fucked because promoters put their balls on a chopping block and typically don't get enough credit for it.
I'm definitely not one to judge anyone for doing blow, I am a fan of the occasional indulgence myself, but this guy clearly has his priorities fucked up, and he has seriously screwed a promoter and wants his fans to bail him out.
you wonder correctly...when i skimmed the first post i thought he was getting paid AT OEF and the money he was using to get there was supposed to be the guitar money.

failure confirmed....:(
Old 04-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #54
Vriend
Afro Dog

Quote:
What kind of jokes?
Old 04-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #55
disGUSt(tx)
Satanic WarTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vriend View Post
What kind of jokes?
Mostly about coke and mcdonalds, not much different from whats going on in here.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #56
CerebralCereal
sickslashbr00tal

It's his sense of entitlement that pisses me off. If you're not within your means financially to do what you need to do then you need to get a job like everyone else. There's plenty of professional bands out there trying to "make it" that are working jobs on the side. Equipment, touring, printing merch, all that shit costs money. I know cause I've been there and I'm sure there's plenty of people on this board who have too. God forbid a part time job cut into your pot smoking time. You can commit to playing music and work a job too, just like people go to college and work full time, quit being a fuckin wah wah.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #57
nigelwho
N/A

Someone lend him the money and have him sign a contract. If he breaks it you can ruin his life.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:00 PM   #58
RICE510

clown worthy, perhaps. Still got more actual listening enjoyment out of the last ID than any 5 recent releases besides Transmutation.

Hard to argue with his craft.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:01 PM   #59
Reincremation
deranged from bud

did he take the blog down? don't see anything on the ID myspace.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:13 PM   #60
Rectal_Vomit

imo Whitaker is a cool guy and I'm willing to help him out and send some money (I sent $149) if he seriousally needs it. I personally never met him so I can't say what kinda guy he is...

So until he fucks me over by not giving me the merch promised or fails to pay me back. I will jump on the bandwagon but until than I support Whitaker not to mention I enjoy all his music
Closed Thread