SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Element

Element Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-27-2005, 12:30 AM   #1
ElementGuitar

Ordered my new guitar.

Jackson USA RR1 - Neck through, Eerie Dess finish, Original Floyd Rose and Seymour Duncan pickups. Just like this.
ElementGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:42 AM   #2
F0RBIDDEN

Right on bro! I have a friend with an Eerie Dess RR1! You'll love it for sure! You should stop by the Jackson/Charvel Forum, cool boar! www.jcfonline.com
F0RBIDDEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 01:45 PM   #3
shroudofimpurity

Fuck yeah, thats gonna be sweet!
shroudofimpurity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 10:33 PM   #4
ElementGuitar

Hopefully in six months, I'll have it here. Can't wait!!!
Old 09-29-2005, 07:11 PM   #5
INCINERATE
Brutal Death

Very nice guitar! Jackson's are my favorite guitar. I am fucking jealous....
INCINERATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 08:58 PM   #6
ElementGuitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by INCINERATE
Very nice guitar! Jackson's are my favorite guitar. I am fucking jealous....
Well, I kinda got tired of fucking around with $400 guitars and never being completely satisfied. Even after I install nice pickups in them. It was time to get something serious. One guitar that I could play on for the rest of my life.

When we eventually play a show with you guys, you can totally jam on it Scott.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:57 PM   #7
F0RBIDDEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementGuitar
Well, I kinda got tired of fucking around with $400 guitars and never being completely satisfied. Even after I install nice pickups in them. It was time to get something serious. One guitar that I could play on for the rest of my life.

Man I hear that, I totally need to smarten up and plunk down some coin and finally buy somethin' that's gonna be perfect out of the box....Always little issues with every guitar I've owned...and I currently own 7!!! haha!

What's the word on your custom 7 string by the way Mason? When is that gonna be done?
Old 09-30-2005, 02:03 AM   #8
INCINERATE
Brutal Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementGuitar

Fuck yeah dude, I know what your saying! I've been playing mid-range priced Jackson's $600-$750 for a while now and they are descent, but yeah, it's killer to have a top of the line guitar. I'm considering getting a Jackson Warrior USA with metal plate paint - they go for around $1800 - but I can get in at Guitar Center for around $1000 because our bassist works there and can get Jackson at cost prices - sucks though that they build to order the USA stuff, so you have to front all the money for it and then wait 6 - 9 months for it to come in. But it would be a sick guitar!

Can't wait to fucking play a show with you guys - that shit just has to happen in 2006 no matter what! You guys interested in playing the Gathering Of The Sick in NM - August 2006 - let me know what's up!
INCINERATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 02:24 AM   #9
ElementGuitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0RBIDDEN
Man I hear that, I totally need to smarten up and plunk down some coin and finally buy somethin' that's gonna be perfect out of the box....Always little issues with every guitar I've owned...and I currently own 7!!! haha!

What's the word on your custom 7 string by the way Mason? When is that gonna be done?
Well, the guy who is endorsing me, is working on it. He is really good as far as crafting the guitar, but the finish looks really bad. I talked to a couple luthiers in town and they all said the same thing. Acrylic Urethanes are the best finish for a guitar nowadays. He happened to spray out the finish in a Conversion Varnish, which is product my company carries. It is designed for home furniture, like kitchen cabinets and tables. Not guitars.

So, just in case anyone asks what type of finish looks and sounds (thin coats to let the natural nuances of the guitar breathe) the best, it is PPG DCU 2021 clear finish, an automotive Acrylic Urethane. Also the same product is made in black for the first color coat.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:27 AM   #10
ElementGuitar

Quote:
Fuck yeah dude, I know what your saying! I've been playing mid-range priced Jackson's $600-$750 for a while now and they are descent, but yeah, it's killer to have a top of the line guitar. I'm considering getting a Jackson Warrior USA with metal plate paint - they go for around $1800 - but I can get in at Guitar Center for around $1000 because our bassist works there and can get Jackson at cost prices - sucks though that they build to order the USA stuff, so you have to front all the money for it and then wait 6 - 9 months for it to come in. But it would be a sick guitar!

Can't wait to fucking play a show with you guys - that shit just has to happen in 2006 no matter what! You guys interested in playing the Gathering Of The Sick in NM - August 2006 - let me know what's up!
Yeah, my USA won't be ready until May, next year. Gives me some time to pay it off.

We are totally down to play GOTS next year. Put us down for it.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:31 AM   #11
ElementGuitar

Scott, dude. You have to get that USA Warrior, especially if he can get you the guitar at $1000. That is totally worth it. I've seen cheaper made guitars go for more. I'm selling all of my other guitars to put towards this one.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:52 AM   #12
ElementBass

Quote:

Fuck yeah dude! We'd love to share the stage with you guys!
ElementBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 02:21 PM   #13
Chilidem
Sicknessament

Holy Boner-Inducing Guitar, Batman!

That's a wicked guitar.
Chilidem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 03:15 PM   #14
F0RBIDDEN

Out of curiousity, did you order it locally or online? Because www.vwallguitars.com and www.mattsmusic.com are by far THE best online Jackson dealers there are, VERY helpful guys who will pretty much bend over backwards for you! They have helped organize limited import runs and other cool shit over on the JCF. They also have the best prices, I can't post them because it could cost them their Jackson dealership but it's a handsome figure, even after the recent 15% price increase.