SMNnews Forums SMNnews Forums  

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Between The Buried And Me

Between The Buried And Me Website


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 05:35 AM   #31
FistedSister
Registered User
 
FistedSister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,592
Rep Power: 20
FistedSister karmablade
BTBAM Board Concept Predictions:

The CD Track-Listing:

1. Is Tommy Gay? (Thread Life) (15:03)
2. You Can't Have Your Own Opinion (SMN Style) (55 weeks, 3 days, 1 hour, a second)
3. Say It Like You Know What You're Talking About (But Don't) (00:04)
4. Shevanel Take 64 1/3
5. Suga (Featuring guest djent by Misha) (4:53)
6. Custodial Arts Marathon (Sweeping Up) (featuring lots of sweeping) (wow) (9:34)


The Metal Website News Post:

As posted on Boarpig.com

Tommy: "This is a concept album about these kids that talk shit about us on an internet forum, yet have been our longest supporters since day one. Once in a blue moon, s/t fans spit out critical points about music we write, and we rise above it, but we have a member of the band or a family member go on there, and take care of business. Why can't they just love everything we do and worship sweep-picking FOREVER? Like the kids who just started listening to us when Victory Records got us commercials on MTV2 around 'Headbangers Ball" showtimes!?"

Last edited by FistedSister; 12-08-2008 at 06:05 AM.
FistedSister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:49 AM   #32
crackrocksteady
space jamz
 
crackrocksteady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,500
Rep Power: 22
crackrocksteady slam gang member
i wish they had a different drummer. i really get bored with Blake's drumming.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skin_blanketed View Post
Shawn IS unnecessarily awkward. I just imagine while he's "fumbling around" he's sweating profusely and whispering to himself, "How can you be so stupid? So stupid."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold View Post
Did shrooms when i was 16, best night of my life. did thema few other times since them

did acid at 19, also one of the best nights of my life i ate pizza with shaq.
crackrocksteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:16 AM   #33
SiegeEngine
TAFKA tck!
 
SiegeEngine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NOVA
Posts: 14,386
Rep Power: 30
SiegeEngine beat up jewski
Whatever they put out, I'm sure I'll enjoy. BTBAM has yet to disappoint.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazBastard
Shinedown > Converge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem After Death View Post
I can't wait to grab a kid by the crotch!
SiegeEngine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:10 AM   #34
devikit
(Ross)
 
devikit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,932
Rep Power: 17
devikit slam gang member
Similar to what someone else said.. less clean parts that are "different styles of music". In s/t and SC the clean parts had a btbam feel about them, i think they lost those parts in alaska and colors a little bit. maybe more groovy simpler and shorter songs.

that said, i dont dislike anything they have put out, so above all id rather they just carry on writing what they want than listen to anything we say :)
devikit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:17 PM   #35
prayer
Read Ishmael...
 
prayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Conn. & Mass.
Posts: 9,080
Rep Power: 25
prayer beat up jewski
I want them to make their natural progression and surprise us all, but I will say I've always been more partial to their riff based sections rather than their progressive drawn out sections, if that makes sense.
__________________
prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:28 PM   #36
Gawd
pwnbringer
 
Gawd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: TN
Posts: 2,825
Rep Power: 18
Gawd slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcelainrose View Post
BTBAM Board Concept Predictions:

The CD Track-Listing:

1. Is Tommy Gay? (Thread Life) (15:03)
2. You Can't Have Your Own Opinion (SMN Style) (55 weeks, 3 days, 1 hour, a second)
3. Say It Like You Know What You're Talking About (But Don't) (00:04)
4. Shevanel Take 64 1/3
5. Suga (Featuring guest djent by Misha) (4:53)
6. Custodial Arts Marathon (Sweeping Up) (featuring lots of sweeping) (wow) (9:34)


The Metal Website News Post:

As posted on Boarpig.com

Tommy: "This is a concept album about these kids that talk shit about us on an internet forum, yet have been our longest supporters since day one. Once in a blue moon, s/t fans spit out critical points about music we write, and we rise above it, but we have a member of the band or a family member go on there, and take care of business. Why can't they just love everything we do and worship sweep-picking FOREVER? Like the kids who just started listening to us when Victory Records got us commercials on MTV2 around 'Headbangers Ball" showtimes!?"
If Paul read this he would say something about you eating cheetos.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs up hoes down View Post
who just ran their dick through my goatass
Gawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:35 PM   #37
Gawd
pwnbringer
 
Gawd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: TN
Posts: 2,825
Rep Power: 18
Gawd slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastelorizo View Post
Your dad should've quit while he was ahead.

Alcohol makes shit happen.
You should've been born in a shitty third world country with no hope of ever leaving.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs up hoes down View Post
who just ran their dick through my goatass
Gawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:24 PM   #38
GravesOfTheFathers
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawd View Post
You should've been born in a shitty third world country with no hope of ever leaving.
Holy shit, this may be the best insult I've ever seen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #39
Nun Stampede!
Lives in a houseboat
 
Nun Stampede!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mass
Posts: 9,306
Rep Power: 24
Nun Stampede! beat up john dwyer
If you're sick of Blake, listen to other bands. Nigga is solid.
__________________

Nun Stampede! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:32 PM   #40
Kastelorizo
Registered User
 
Kastelorizo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 0
Kastelorizo slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawd View Post
You should've been born in a shitty third world country with no hope of ever leaving.
Can't please people all the time.

like I said before, I'm only being civilized.

I'd like to see them get rid of some of the sweeping shit. Sweeping becomes so goddamn generic, especially after doing it for 3 albums. Though, Paul (sometimes Dusty) can fucking rip.
__________________
He's turning a-green from these envious glorious things.
Applied ambitious faith that can keep us all safe.
Invoking a blue that's meant for us too.
What small amazing things we will turn to rain
.
Kastelorizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #41
god damnit jason
COOOOBRAAAAA!!!
 
god damnit jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 10,738
Rep Power: 26
god damnit jason slam gang member
i just want a heavier/raw sound from the first two albums.
that would be awesome.

bring the old school vocals back too.
__________________
::::Is that what we are, misanthropes? :::::::::: Good lord no. We're a family.::::



Local Rep
Owen Hart / Behold / Pressident Kennedy Is Assassinated
Vanguard / Sojourner / They Come In Swarms / The Helm
god damnit jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:08 PM   #42
Savior
HOI HOI
 
Savior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hard City, New York
Posts: 18,904
Rep Power: 35
Savior beat up john dwyer
>
__________________
Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:15 PM   #43
Oleg
mayhemafterdeath
 
Oleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 7,483
Rep Power: 24
Oleg beat up jewskiOleg beat up jewski
Quote:
Originally Posted by devikit View Post
Similar to what someone else said.. less clean parts that are "different styles of music".
really? the bossa nova-ish part in sun of nothing is one of my favorite parts in the song haha.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
4:33am
yo if tocamget a G For a foreme legend. thatd be a stoei to tell. youre chill meh. heklp .e out find a g


tmew
Oleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #44
GravesOfTheFathers
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Fuck that. Colors is like eating a really big, juicy steak...except most of it is so hot you can't taste the flavor, and it's covered in old A1 sauce. And periodically you find strawberries inside that make you go, "Why the fuck is that there?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:50 PM   #45
TheInvisibleGuest
Professor Chaos
 
TheInvisibleGuest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bulb, NJ
Posts: 3,341
Rep Power: 16
TheInvisibleGuest slam gang member
moar rap less rawk amirite?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
(630)205-6777


I'm serious.
TheInvisibleGuest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:35 PM   #46
slick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 791
Rep Power: 16
slick slam gang member
Rihanna guest vox and slightly overpowering marimba solos every 45 seconds
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:43 PM   #47
yeah
Registered User
 
yeah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,201
Rep Power: 20
yeah slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravesOfTheFathers View Post
Fuck that. Colors is like eating a really big, juicy steak...except most of it is so hot you can't taste the flavor, and it's covered in old A1 sauce. And periodically you find strawberries inside that make you go, "Why the fuck is that there?"

lol what
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistedSister View Post
I wanna lick your period pussy until I get clown mouth.
yeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:11 PM   #48
Trappedinlife
Registered User
 
Trappedinlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 366
Rep Power: 17
Trappedinlife slam gang member
1. Replace Blake with Navene from Animosity to unlock this dudes full potential. Or bring back Goodyear...BTBAMS Most important member of the band.

2. More Deathmetal. ( Come on Dustie FFS)

3. Less Gay.

4. No PROGGY shitty parts. In fact No PROG. More alternative.

5. Softer parts to take on a more darker, melancholic feel.

6. More anger and Pissed off.

7. Less of the 'oh we gonna start playing shows and have a sit down audience of Dream Theatre fans nodding in approval' No, Fuck that shit.

LAWL.
Trappedinlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:56 PM   #49
Plant Vochestra
WOBSESSION
 
Plant Vochestra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 9,817
Rep Power: 22
Plant Vochestra beat up jewski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trappedinlife View Post
1. Replace Blake with Navene from Animosity to unlock this dudes full potential. Or bring back Goodyear...BTBAMS Most important member of the band.

2. More Deathmetal. ( Come on Dustie FFS)

3. Less Gay.

4. No PROGGY shitty parts. In fact No PROG. More alternative.

5. Softer parts to take on a more darker, melancholic feel.

6. More anger and Pissed off.

7. Less of the 'oh we gonna start playing shows and have a sit down audience of Dream Theatre fans nodding in approval' No, Fuck that shit.

LAWL.
Quit wanting BTBAM to be a different band, there's thousands of bands like you described. Get the fuck over faggot and listen to your gothic metal.
Plant Vochestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:57 PM   #50
Pwnsauce
Registered User
 
Pwnsauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,398
Rep Power: 25
Pwnsauce slam gang member
4. No PROGGY shitty parts. In fact No PROG. More alternative.

fail
__________________
Pwnsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #51
Trappedinlife
Registered User
 
Trappedinlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 366
Rep Power: 17
Trappedinlife slam gang member
But BTBAM Prog is super gay.
Trappedinlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:23 PM   #52
phish
Resident Peen
 
phish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dave Mustaine's Urethra
Posts: 1,227
Rep Power: 15
phish beat up jewski
how about they learn how to fucking do some vibrato? There isn't 1 vibrato on all of colors except for like, viridian, which doesnt even count. Thats why some of the leads end up sounding gay.
phish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:34 PM   #53
Oleg
mayhemafterdeath
 
Oleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 7,483
Rep Power: 24
Oleg beat up jewskiOleg beat up jewski
I wouldn't say any lead sounds "gay" because it doesn't include vibrato. It's not like it matters much, just adds texture to a lick.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedInLife
But BTBAM Prog is super gay.
Why do you say so?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
4:33am
yo if tocamget a G For a foreme legend. thatd be a stoei to tell. youre chill meh. heklp .e out find a g


tmew
Oleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:48 PM   #54
Kastelorizo
Registered User
 
Kastelorizo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 0
Kastelorizo slam gang member
Seems like the prog would be the best thing about them. It's what makes them interesting.

I'd like to hear more fucking singing. The RAAWWRRR shit is getting old. Seems like the fucking screaming overlaid the Colors album too goddamn much to hear the actual music.

Nothing wrong with the screaming/singing... just becomes too much at times.
__________________
He's turning a-green from these envious glorious things.
Applied ambitious faith that can keep us all safe.
Invoking a blue that's meant for us too.
What small amazing things we will turn to rain
.
Kastelorizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:59 PM   #55
Alec
Registered User
 
Alec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto maybe
Posts: 4,093
Rep Power: 19
Alec slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastelorizo View Post
Though, Paul (sometimes Dusty) can fucking rip.
stop posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by phish View Post
how about they learn how to fucking do some vibrato? There isn't 1 vibrato on all of colors except for like, viridian, which doesnt even count. Thats why some of the leads end up sounding gay.
Dustie does quite a lot of vibrato... :s
__________________
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 10:15 PM   #56
v2kv
BUGU
 
v2kv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 8,836
Rep Power: 22
v2kv slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kastelorizo View Post
Seems like the prog would be the best thing about them. It's what makes them interesting.

I'd like to hear more fucking singing. The RAAWWRRR shit is getting old. Seems like the fucking screaming overlaid the Colors album too goddamn much to hear the actual music.

Nothing wrong with the screaming/singing... just becomes too much at times.
Go listen to Dream Theater.
__________________

v2kv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:11 PM   #57
Logan
Band
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,425
Rep Power: 21
Logan slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyfuck View Post
stop posting
amen.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:00 AM   #58
Kastelorizo
Registered User
 
Kastelorizo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 11
Rep Power: 0
Kastelorizo slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2kv View Post
Go listen to Dream Theater.
I do listen to Dream Theater. It gets fucking old sometimes.

I still find BTBAM a lot more talented.
__________________
He's turning a-green from these envious glorious things.
Applied ambitious faith that can keep us all safe.
Invoking a blue that's meant for us too.
What small amazing things we will turn to rain
.
Kastelorizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:40 AM   #59
Shaft
Grapes
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 3,249
Rep Power: 19
Shaft slam gang member
Wow, this guy is a shit poster.
Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:40 PM   #60
Shauncore
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,539
Rep Power: 15
Shauncore slam gang member
More sweeps, less powerchords, less bass, less vocals, less drums, less keys, more sweeps...and less Jamie King, more Matt Ellard.
Shauncore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
band full of pussies, btbam, change, death magnetic owns, eat dusties shit sc, i love dicks, i love dream theater, mcweezlestein = gh fag, no shauncore no, record, release, release cum in ur mouf, sc=niggerfaggot, shittybandisshitty, should be heavier, so u think u can dance




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SMNnews.com: 2002 -