Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Arsis
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arsis Website

Old 07-25-2005, 11:56 AM   #1
Antæos

Antæos beat up jewskiAntæos beat up jewski
A Diamond For Disease

If any of the guys reads this forum:

How's it progressing? Any idea when it'll be released in Europe? It's a bugger to wait for Earache all the time, I usually order anything Willowtip overseas and spend too much money on it, hahah!

Anyway, looking forward to more stuff from you guys. I've spent months and months hyping "A Celebration of Guilt" here in Denmark. Kickass.
Antæos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 03:38 PM   #2
Ian

Ian slam gang member
This was just posted on their site (worshipdepraved.com) today:

Quote:
07/25/05: Recording Update
Drum tracks for the new mini cd, "A Diamond for Disease", have been completed. The rest of the tracking will take place this week, and mixing will begin next week. In addition, an interview with Jim regarding the new cd can be seen in the latest issue of Decibel Magazine (Arch Enemy cover story). And finally, anyone who is interested in ordering Arsis t-shirts and hoodies can do so at www.willowtip.com (just click on the "store" and "clothing" links).
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 04:19 PM   #3
mikev

mikev slam gang member
Re: A Diamond For Disease

Quote:
Originally posted by Antæos
If any of the guys reads this forum:

How's it progressing? Any idea when it'll be released in Europe? It's a bugger to wait for Earache all the time, I usually order anything Willowtip overseas and spend too much money on it, hahah!

Anyway, looking forward to more stuff from you guys. I've spent months and months hyping "A Celebration of Guilt" here in Denmark. Kickass.

Thanks for the interest man. It's basically all mixed, just a couple final tweaks from our engineer then it will be off to James Murphy to master it. I'm not sure what the deal is with Earache - they will definitely release it, but it may be a bit later than the north american release. We'll have a sound clip up soon for everyone to hear. Thanks a lot for the support.
mikev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:12 PM   #4
tony m

tony m slam gang member
any chance it can be ordered direct for the site?cos i need that cd asap. I NEED MY FIX OF ARSIS!!
tony m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 07:36 PM   #5
mikev

mikev slam gang member
Probably the best thing to do is just order it right from Willowtip Records (http://www.willowtip.com) once it's available - shipping is usually included in the price, and it's cheaper than going through most online places like amazon.com, etc. James Murphy will have it soon, and once it's mastered we'll get a sample out there for everyone to hear.
Thanks for the interest, man!
Old 08-10-2005, 08:54 PM   #6
Distorted Image

Distorted Image slam gang member
Hey Mike, great to see you on SMN News man! I can't wait for the new CD! Keep up the great work!
Distorted Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 02:42 PM   #7
Gods Puke
Puking Back At God

Gods Puke slam gang member
I just received A Celebration Of Guilt a few days ago, kickass album man! Can't wait for more!
Gods Puke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 04:52 PM   #8
BQ&D

BQ&D slam gang member
I can't wait for the next Arsis fix. You guys are truly amazing. Keep up the insanity!
BQ&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:02 PM   #9
mikev

mikev slam gang member
Thanks a lot, I think people will really like this new ep. I just heard the final mix and we're really happy with it. Mark Riddick is working on the artwork right now, and it's looking awesome!
Old 08-25-2005, 10:11 PM   #10
Slasher
Jewbagel

Slasher slam gang member
yeah i want this asap
Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:54 PM   #11
death0matic

death0matic slam gang member
cant fucking wait for it man ... you guys fucking rock ... A Celebration Of Guilt is killing me .... !!! =\m/=
death0matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 07:45 AM   #12
PyroVesten
Reviewer

PyroVesten slam gang member
Excellent...I am really keen to hear this.
PyroVesten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 01:43 AM   #13
Symbolic Savior
Your Mother

Symbolic Savior slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher
yeah i want this asap
Amen to that Slasher.
Symbolic Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 07:56 PM   #14
sweetXmajestic
The Metal Mama

sweetXmajestic slam gang member
When people "quote" other people, you can't read the text in the quote box. Just incase you didn't know? I'm glad that you guys are coming along on this and everything is going well. James Murphy will do a helluva job Iam sure!

Last edited by sweetXmajestic; 09-14-2005 at 09:31 PM.
sweetXmajestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 12:09 PM   #15
Arucard

Arucard slam gang member
I got my copy of A Celebration Of Guilt from America about a year ago, and i'm very much looking forward to ordering A Diamond For Disease as soon as its release.

Your making the Melodic Death Metal that was supposed to be made, its great to hear a band that aren't In Flames clones!

Also Mike, have you changed your drum sound atall? Or is it the same as on ACOG? Your probably my faverouite MDM drummer out there, so i hope to hear some more craziness like the stuff on 'Dust and Guilt.'

Looking forward to the album, keep it brutal.
Arucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:51 PM   #16
ShadowsFallen

ShadowsFallen slam gang member
^^^ Hello Joe. :) Mike is an excellent drummer - very underrated in my opinion. James is no slouch on a guitar either.
ShadowsFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:04 AM   #17
mikev

mikev slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arucard
I got my copy of A Celebration Of Guilt from America about a year ago, and i'm very much looking forward to ordering A Diamond For Disease as soon as its release.

Your making the Melodic Death Metal that was supposed to be made, its great to hear a band that aren't In Flames clones!

Also Mike, have you changed your drum sound atall? Or is it the same as on ACOG? Your probably my faverouite MDM drummer out there, so i hope to hear some more craziness like the stuff on 'Dust and Guilt.'

Looking forward to the album, keep it brutal.

Thanks! I'm glad you like the first cd so much, it's always really cool to hear people's feedback. The drum sounds are definitely a bit different on this new EP. On the first album, I purposly went for a really organic, dingy sound with tons of low end for the drums. I'm really into bands like Danzig, old Sabbath, and Cathedral, and I wanted to see if I could incorporate some of that heavy-as-shit/dark production into the sound.

The new stuff sounds a lot more polished imo, we really put a ton of time making the guitars and drums sound ultra clear, but still heavy. So i guess it's a little more stereotypical MDM production this time around, but I think it works a lot better for the newer material, and I'm really psyched for people to hear it. As far as the playing, it's definitely the best thing I've recorded I think. The blasting parts are faster than anything on "Celebration", but there's a ton of old-school metal parts too.

Thanks again!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:12 AM   #18
Day_Before_Dawn

Day_Before_Dawn slam gang member
I’d personally like to hear the production from the last album again. I think the only problem ACOG's production was that you couldn't really hear the bass too, but thats it. I actually remember reading a interview somewhere you did Mike saying that you had a pretty small budget to work with on the album but I think it sounds quite high class, especially the guitar sound. I’m still impressed with how James got the guitars to sound so thick yet clear at the same time.

Like the other guys, I'm really looking forward to A Diamond For Disease!
Day_Before_Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:39 PM   #19
mikev

mikev slam gang member
Cool, thanks! Glad you like it. The budget was really tight, we just recorded everything at a little neighborhood studio that was in the middle of the woods. It was a really cool vibe to record there, and I enjoyed working with the engineer a lot. Jim actually recorded all the guitar tracks direct on "Celebration" w/out an amp. He records 4 rhythm guitar tracks per song, and I think that helped to make the guitars nice and thick. The new cd Jim actually recorded through an amp and we were able to get an even thicker sound, but it's still very clear. James Murphy is putting the finishing touches on it right now, so we should have a sample clip up really soon!
Old 09-09-2005, 07:09 PM   #20
ShadowsFallen

It's a relief to hear you say that. I was just about to ask about the mixing process - I can't wait for the new track much longer.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:46 AM   #21
Antæos

Antæos beat up jewskiAntæos beat up jewski
Wow, without an amp? He sounds very natural, you guys did that incredibly.

Can't wait for the new stuff. One of the many, many things that rocked my world on "A Celebration..." was definitely the weird guitar harmonies and James' style. Sometimes there's some shit going on that sounds completely unrelated, but it fits perfectly, which always baffles me. What did you guys want to accomplish musically with this EP? Is it going to be a big progression or a more subtle evolution of the awesomeness of the debut?
Antæos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 02:08 PM   #22
tony m

tony m slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikev
Cool, thanks! Glad you like it. The budget was really tight, we just recorded everything at a little neighborhood studio that was in the middle of the woods. It was a really cool vibe to record there, and I enjoyed working with the engineer a lot. Jim actually recorded all the guitar tracks direct on "Celebration" w/out an amp. He records 4 rhythm guitar tracks per song, and I think that helped to make the guitars nice and thick. The new cd Jim actually recorded through an amp and we were able to get an even thicker sound, but it's still very clear. James Murphy is putting the finishing touches on it right now, so we should have a sample clip up really soon!
hearing what went on during the process of my fav album makes my very happy :beerchug:
tony m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 04:45 PM   #23
Arucard

Arucard slam gang member
Quote:
Thanks! I'm glad you like the first cd so much, it's always really cool to hear people's feedback. The drum sounds are definitely a bit different on this new EP. On the first album, I purposly went for a really organic, dingy sound with tons of low end for the drums. I'm really into bands like Danzig, old Sabbath, and Cathedral, and I wanted to see if I could incorporate some of that heavy-as-shit/dark production into the sound.

The new stuff sounds a lot more polished imo, we really put a ton of time making the guitars and drums sound ultra clear, but still heavy. So i guess it's a little more stereotypical MDM production this time around, but I think it works a lot better for the newer material, and I'm really psyched for people to hear it. As far as the playing, it's definitely the best thing I've recorded I think. The blasting parts are faster than anything on "Celebration", but there's a ton of old-school metal parts too.

Thanks again!
Thats cool, i personally thought that your tom sound on ACOG was abit dull,. but if your into Doom stuff then thats an obvious choice of sound.

I can't wait to hear it, you are definatly a very underated drummer in the metal scene. And faster blasts? The one on 'The Face Of My Innocence' is insane, so i can't wait to hear faster.

Have you thought of trying to get an interview in Zero Tolerance, the Extreme metal magazine? They are well into that kind of stuff, and i will be looking for a review of ADFD in there.

Well, thanks for talking to me. See you later, and i look forward to hearing the EP and Album.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:59 PM   #24
mikev

mikev slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antæos
Wow, without an amp? He sounds very natural, you guys did that incredibly.

Can't wait for the new stuff. One of the many, many things that rocked my world on "A Celebration..." was definitely the weird guitar harmonies and James' style. Sometimes there's some shit going on that sounds completely unrelated, but it fits perfectly, which always baffles me. What did you guys want to accomplish musically with this EP? Is it going to be a big progression or a more subtle evolution of the awesomeness of the debut?

That's cool, thanks man! As far as the EP goes, Jim was asked to compose a song for this ballet company (that does metal, kinda weird) in NYC. They used "worship depraved" in a performance last year and I guess it went over well - since the song Jim decided to go with was originally intended to be an Arsis song anyway, it was just expanded a bit to work for the performance. But I think it came out really well, and there are also a couple shorter tracks on it too. I think if you liked the first cd, you'll definitely like this. It's slightly different of course, but it's still really consistent style-wise.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:05 PM   #25
mikev

mikev slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arucard
Thats cool, i personally thought that your tom sound on ACOG was abit dull,. but if your into Doom stuff then thats an obvious choice of sound.

I can't wait to hear it, you are definatly a very underated drummer in the metal scene. And faster blasts? The one on 'The Face Of My Innocence' is insane, so i can't wait to hear faster.

Have you thought of trying to get an interview in Zero Tolerance, the Extreme metal magazine? They are well into that kind of stuff, and i will be looking for a review of ADFD in there.

Well, thanks for talking to me. See you later, and i look forward to hearing the EP and Album.

Thanks again for the great compliments, that's really cool. I don't think I've ever heard of Zero Tolerance Mag, but I'll have to keep an eye out for that one.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:24 PM   #26
Arucard

Arucard slam gang member
Quote:
Thanks again for the great compliments, that's really cool. I don't think I've ever heard of Zero Tolerance Mag, but I'll have to keep an eye out for that one.
I think its possibly a UK only mag, but its not very big. They only bring out an issue every two months or so.

But yeh, good to talk about it, when you guys post a soundclip (im dieing waiting for it), i will give you abit of feedback.

Oh btw, if you ever tour England it'll be great. I'm always trying to get my mates into Arsis, and me and some guys at the second hand Cd store (where they are heavily into Black Metal), were talking just today about how much we'd love to see 'Wholly Night' live.

Thanks again.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:46 PM   #27
Astrum
ALL HAIL DEH BULF

Astrum slam gang member
Dude, Mike, this is probably one of the releases I've looked forward to the most...ever. I can't fucking wait man. Jake was going to show us one of the rough tracks when my band stayed at his place, but we didn't have much time... :sad: but I'm definitly buying the day it comes out! Do you guys have any plans for touring because I NEED to see you guys play!
Astrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 04:28 PM   #28
mikev

mikev slam gang member
Kick ass, I'm glad you're looking forward to it! I was on the phone with James Murphy this morning, and he just finished up everything today. It's on it's way to the pressing plant, and we'll have a soundclip up within the next couple/few days. I have to say, I'm very stoked for people to hear this. As far as touring - Jim and I are working on plans for next summer. There are some pretty cool things in the works, but they are still really tentative and quite a ways off, so I'd rather wait until things are confirmed until saying anything. In the meantime, we'll be finishing up a few more songs and hitting the studio again this Dec/Jan to record our next full length, which will probably be out by springtime.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:53 PM   #29
ShadowsFallen

FUCK YEAH!!!! Dude, I've been waiting so long to hear this new material. Me and another friend have been watching the boards religiously for any signs of new stuff. When you book shows, don't forget us good, metal-deprived people in Toledo, Ohio. :(
Old 09-13-2005, 05:06 PM   #30
Astrum
ALL HAIL DEH BULF

Astrum slam gang member
Fucking awesome to hear! I'll be looking for the new clip. Where will it be posted when it becomes available?
Astrum is offline   Reply With Quote