Go Back   SMNnews Forums > Official Band Forums > Psycroptic

Psycroptic Website

Get Metallica T-Shirts & Merch from Rock.com

Old 04-23-2005, 02:45 AM   #31
schmoo

Quote:
Originally posted by Chalky
apparantly not good enough!!!
I have no idea as to why you were removed from Psycroptic but im sure im just summarizing everyone elses thoughts when i say its their fucking loss.

Im not sure how good Psycroptic will be without your absolutely amazing diverse vocals. I love death metal but the aspect of Psycroptic that appealed to me the most was the sheer schizophrenia of the vocals.

I truly do wish you good luck in the future, Matt. Your talents shouldnt be wasted. Psycroptic must have some sort of deathwish to essentially cut off the greatest part of the band. Ah well.

Good luck out there man. Look forward to hearing anything new you come up with.

PS. OH YEA! How the HELL do i get MSI albums?!?!?!
schmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 10:27 PM   #32
davecroptic

Quote:
Originally posted by schmoo
I have no idea as to why you were removed from Psycroptic but im sure im just summarizing everyone elses thoughts when i say its their fucking loss.

Im not sure how good Psycroptic will be without your absolutely amazing diverse vocals. I love death metal but the aspect of Psycroptic that appealed to me the most was the sheer schizophrenia of the vocals.

I truly do wish you good luck in the future, Matt. Your talents shouldnt be wasted. Psycroptic must have some sort of deathwish to essentially cut off the greatest part of the band. Ah well.

Good luck out there man. Look forward to hearing anything new you come up with.

PS. OH YEA! How the HELL do i get MSI albums?!?!?!
we didn't really want to post about this topic, because we know there are a lot of people who are upset about this...but we want to clear something up.

there has been a lot of comments made about Matthew's vocal abilities being the reason why we asked him to leave. This is totally not the case - his vocals had nothing to do with it.

There were many reasons for making this decision - a decision that cam, joe and myself felt was totally unavoidable - none that I will go into here as to be respectful towards Chalky...
davecroptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:46 PM   #33
Brutal1

Quote:
Originally posted by six12dotcom
I love Psycroptic, I really do. However, there's no way in hell Psycroptic will ever be as good as you once were for the simple fact no one is able to touch Matthew Chalk, who is the most versatile vocalist in the history of death metal.
I hate to say it, but I've seen Psycroptic several times in Melbourne, and put it simply - Chalk could not do the vocals live. Some of them yes, but not the same as on the albums...there wasn't any power in them
Brutal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 12:26 AM   #34
Nihilist

I don't think I could name many death metal vocalists that could perfectly emulate vocal tracks they have recorded on an album, live. They are done in many, many takes, remember.

I've seen Psycroptic COUNTLESS amounts of times. Matt's never disappointed me, or anyone else I know of.
Nihilist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:07 AM   #35
Peppiatt

Quote:
Originally posted by Nihilist
I don't think I could name many death metal vocalists that could perfectly emulate vocal tracks they have recorded on an album, live. They are done in many, many takes, remember.

I've seen Psycroptic COUNTLESS amounts of times. Matt's never disappointed me, or anyone else I know of.
I would have to agree with nihilist it is impossible to sound the same live as on CD because in the studio you are in a perfect envirnment and you can have as many goes as you like but live you are headbanging, jumping round you are normally in a smokey pub and bands tend to be alot faster live than they do in a studio especially psycroptic
Peppiatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:15 AM   #36
Richo

Damn, they can go faster!!!:D

.:RICHO:.
Richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:46 AM   #37
Peppiatt

Quote:
Originally posted by Richo
Damn, they can go faster!!!:D

Fuck yea all the songs off isle get played fuck loads faster live than on the cd
Peppiatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:51 AM   #38
Cloaca
IS HE GONE YET

When I saw Psycroptic live, that was definately the case.
Cloaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:57 AM   #39
Richo

Quote:
Originally posted by Peppiatt
Fuck yea all the songs off isle get played fuck loads faster live than on the cd
Damn, that is fucken sweet!

Richo is offline   Reply With Quote