SMNnews Forums

Go Back   SMNnews Forums > General Forums > Death Metal Discussion

Death Metal Discussion churlish elitist commentary. our most popular forum yet. metal not necessarily discussed.







Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 03:33 AM   #1
AllP0werToSlaves
Riff-tastic
 
AllP0werToSlaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 2,659
Rep Power: 16 AllP0werToSlaves slam gang member
So...WTF Killed This Forum...?!

This place was HOPPING when I joined (admittedly 13 years ago, WTF?!); it seems discussion is almost non-existent.

What did I miss?
AllP0werToSlaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:29 PM   #2
Dizzy Alpaca Party
My body is ready
 
Dizzy Alpaca Party's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 659
Rep Power: 6 Dizzy Alpaca Party beat up jewski
Re: So...WTF Killed This Forum...?!

Forums in general are a less popular format nowadays. That, and the site went down for a good 6 months last year, so people got out of the habit of searching up the url. Only a few of us dweeby forum addicts bothered to keep checking.
Dizzy Alpaca Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM   #3
alteredstate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 4,320
Rep Power: 21 alteredstate beat up jewski
Re: So...WTF Killed This Forum...?!

Probably the fact that forums are less popular nowadays in general, however it's interesting to see that the Metal Archives and Revelation of Doom (formerly Nuclear War Now) are very active still. Neither of which scratch the SMN itch though, as MA is mostly people talking about shitty Wacken metal and getting hyped on the new Alestorm album or some shit, while RoD is REALLY casual with the racism and the bands discussed are mostly 80s trad metal or lo-fi bm.
alteredstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM   #4
phish
Resident Peen
 
phish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dave Mustaine's Urethra
Posts: 1,254
Rep Power: 15 phish beat up jewski
Re: So...WTF Killed This Forum...?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alteredstate View Post
Probably the fact that forums are less popular nowadays in general, however it's interesting to see that the Metal Archives and Revelation of Doom (formerly Nuclear War Now) are very active still. Neither of which scratch the SMN itch though, as MA is mostly people talking about shitty Wacken metal and getting hyped on the new Alestorm album or some shit, while RoD is REALLY casual with the racism and the bands discussed are mostly 80s trad metal or lo-fi bm.
The few posts on this board every week now are also just people posting low-fi/experimental bm by bands with names like geglash xibortum that all sound the same and then 4 people replying with "omg I loved their EP, had no idea they recorded a full length!"
phish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:52 AM   #5
AllP0werToSlaves
Riff-tastic
 
AllP0werToSlaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 2,659
Rep Power: 16 AllP0werToSlaves slam gang member
Re: So...WTF Killed This Forum...?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phish View Post
The few posts on this board every week now are also just people posting low-fi/experimental bm by bands with names like geglash xibortum that all sound the same and then 4 people replying with "omg I loved their EP, had no idea they recorded a full length!"
I checked in on MA the other day and noticed the same. I really wish there was a solid, active extreme metal community forum. Social media sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy Alpaca Party View Post
Forums in general are a less popular format nowadays. That, and the site went down for a good 6 months last year, so people got out of the habit of searching up the url. Only a few of us dweeby forum addicts bothered to keep checking.
Ah, I didn't realize there was an extended down period. This would make sense.

Thanks for the answers, guys; starting a new project and I wanted somewhere to share it! Looks like a personal website for said project it will be/bandcamp etc. for now.
AllP0werToSlaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:33 AM   #6
ShadowHunter
violently violating
 
ShadowHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: croatia
Posts: 6,628
Rep Power: 23 ShadowHunter beat up jewskiShadowHunter beat up jewski
Re: So...WTF Killed This Forum...?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phish View Post
The few posts on this board every week now are also just people posting low-fi/experimental bm by bands with names like geglash xibortum that all sound the same and then 4 people replying with "omg I loved their EP, had no idea they recorded a full length!"
nothing could be further from the truth, lol
ShadowHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:10 PM   #7
alteredstate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 4,320
Rep Power: 21 alteredstate beat up jewski
Re: So...WTF Killed This Forum...?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowHunter View Post
nothing could be further from the truth, lol
Lol I was gonna say...
alteredstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:07 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SMNnews.com: 2002 -