View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 01:59 PM   #7360
(((OdiumNostrum

Re: The Film Thread---Movies you recently watched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApenguinInBondage View Post
Just watched The Holy Mountain(1973) for the first time. No idea how I had never heard of it. Already an all-time favorite, maybe my favorite visuals ever. 10/10
If you haven't already, you should try Parajanov as well, The Color of Pomegranates and his others.

----

People are probably aware of it, but Dragged Across Concrete hasn't been mentioned before, new Zahler (Bone Tomahawk, Brawl in Cell Block 99), gritty, bleak and brutal, anti-PC, long but I enjoyed every minute of it, Gibson, the bad boy of Hollywood, is a perfect anti-hero. Definitely recommended.

Another atmospheric slow burner, the Vanishing. Straight forward plot enriched by strong performances, a ton of tension and bleak surroundings, probably not worthy of repeated watches, but worthy of the first one.

The Golem - It caught my attention because of its The Witch-vibes, but the whole thing was quite underwhelming. Still probably a decent watch if you are longing for some historic rural indie horror with satisfying visuals but lacking in the plot department.

(((OdiumNostrum is offline   Reply With Quote