View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 12:18 PM   #7355
Oleg
mayhemafterdeath

Re: The Film Thread---Movies you recently watched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popegina View Post
I?m looking forward to watching Midsommar, but I?m afraid it?s gonna be like The Wicker Man or Rosemary?s Baby where it?s 90 minutes of essentially nothing, and then 10 minutes of craziness. I?m sure that was bananas back in the day, but it?s been done so much already. Is that how Midsommar is, or does it actually have intrigue throughout?
There are a decent amount of things happening throughout the movie, but the whole thing lacks intrigue. Every character's actions can be expected from the moment we learn who they are.

What bothers me the most is that there isn't much that sets this apart from any past horror movie where a group of college kids go visit a place they think is "cool", things turn out to be "bad", and then:

most of them die, one of them is assimilated, one of them was "bad" all along.

I don't know, maybe I'd like it more if they went deeper into the history/lore behind the commune, instead of just showing us close-ups of certain drawings on the wall, that were then so obviously carried out in the movie (like the sacrifice, the pube cup for the suitable male, etc)
Oleg is offline   Reply With Quote