View Single Post
Old 07-17-2004, 08:12 PM   #13
MichælAdrift
Jedi Master

MichælAdrift slam gang member
response to six12dotcom

Quote:
...Michael don't waste anymore time responding to people like him...
Just entertaining myself, brother. I was not seriously taken aback by his comments. You can immediately tell by reading someone's comments whether they legitimately do not approve of what you are doing or just desire a reaction. No level of intellect in my approach or lack thereof nor any psychological coddling would reach someone like that. He started a conversation with no intention of having one; he just was waiting for his turn to speak. And that gives me an opportunity to see how creative I can be with a response. Kind of masturbatory but self-gratifying. I need to stay interactive with the forum so that Adrift fans will anticipate responses to their questions and if the only thing to respond to is another person telling us "how generic and mainstream we are" or how much they "do not approve of Jack's leaving Cannibal Corpse," then that is what I have to play with.

I appreciate your honest criticism and your post. It was a breath of fresh air to see that someone can admit they do not care for our music but support us all the same. I am fairly certain that I am the only person in our band that listens to Beck, The Flaming Lips, Björk and Tori Amos. It is good to celebrate differences: It would be a pretty fucking boring world if we all liked exactly the same things. At the same time, give the full length album a chance. The three song demo you might have heard is not representative of Adrift. I cannot say that enough.

And don't think for a minute that I was lashing out at that post. Until I have nothing better to do than write music each day and tour to support it, I have to occupy my time with bits of entertainment. I would have preferred he came back with a challenge...
MichælAdrift is offline   Reply With Quote