Thread: Beer Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 04:51 PM   #22
flayedandskinned
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomes of Deceit View Post
Should use the big beer thread that already exists.

I tried the Abyss this winter, and I thought it was amazing for the first glass or so, but there's no way I could drink the whole bottle. It was just too much. Would be good if I had someone to split it with.

Bourbon county was a little over the top for me as well the one time I had it. Not in the sense that I found it undrinkable, I just didn't see the appeal of going that thick and dark.

Love Old Rasputin (and pretty much everything I've tried from North Coast).

Need to try that Green Flash IPA. I see it all the time but it never caught my eye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomes of Deceit View Post
Well, people tend to talk about all the most complex styles in threads like these, but I would actually like some recommendations for easy to find/affordable examples of common styles.

For example, I'm not too knowledgeable about wheat beers, but I recently tried North Coast's blue star wheat and I enjoyed that. Or North Coast Mirror Pond pale ale/ red chair NWPA. I see a lot of wheat beers and pale ales at places like Bevmo and I'm not usually inclined to try them - only tried those ones because I like those breweries. Any common beers in the more standard styles that are really good examples of the style?

Mirror Pond/Red Chair are from Deschuttes.

Drake's (local from San Leandro) IPA is wonderful as well. It's insanely bright.
flayedandskinned is offline   Reply With Quote