View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #54
INCINERATE
Brutal Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomes of Deceit View Post
This is just ridiculous. It's one thing to say that there is a wider spectrum of legitimate (and perhaps even superior) political beliefs that are not represented by either candidate. Or that there are deep rooted problems that no mainstream candidate will be able to adequately resolve. But saying the two are the same is simply not true. I don't understand how people can keep telling themselves that.
It doen't matter which one becomes president, it's going to be business as usual in the White House. The issues that actually have an affect on you and me, are still going to be there for the next 4 years. Both of these Candidates are owned by the same groups of people, so it doesn't matter to them which one wins, just as long as one of them does. And one of them will.

Ron Paul wasn't owned by anyone. He actually did have a chance at winning some states. But the GOP did everything in their power and beyond their power to make sure McCain won every state. I was heavily involved in the Republican party all the way up to Minnesota's state convention. I saw so much corruption and manipulation. The people's voice did not give McCain the nomination, the GOP (and those behind the scenes) did.
INCINERATE is offline   Reply With Quote