View Single Post
Old 05-26-2004, 10:23 PM   #2
owenadrift

owenadrift slam gang member
Go Sean! Sometimes I wanna just go up to death metal fans and tell them Fuck you and fuck death metal and fuck anyone who likes death metal, but that would be wrong on my part, and I wouldn't mean it. There are great death metal bands that I will listen to for a long time. Autopsy, Morbid Angel, Napalm Death, Obituary, Sadus, Venom, and many more...There are great fans of the music who are also my friends. There are just a few assholes who are so crushed by my leaving, that obviously have nothing better to do than worry about their favorite band and the lineup. If you look at the grand scheme of things, Corpse is just noise that anyone can create with some practice. I never thought we were close to any of the bands I mentioned earlier. We lacked musical talent, songwriting talent, and made up for it in extreme content, plain and simple. We never had a Pete Sandoval, we never had a Steve Digiorgio, we never had Cronos on vocals, and we never had the songwriting ala "Altars of Madness". I conqured one small extreme genre and am moving on to more challenging things. In this band, I have to worry about heavy riffs, clean riffs, and changing back and forth between them, and backing vocals, and songwriting. It's something I can play for anyone, and get an honest opinion. When I tried to describe Cannibal to a family member, or non-death metal fan, I would say my band sounds like bbbbbbbbbbbllllllllllllllllllrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhh hhhhhhhhghhhhhhhhhh
which was all I could do. Now I can tell them we have all these great songs about great topics, with great lyrics, and beautiful textures and dynamics, and a great lineup of 5 family like members who are all on the same page and are hungrier than most younger bands. So there you go. That's my 2 cents for this week!
owenadrift is offline   Reply With Quote