View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #191
fatalerror

fatalerror slam gang member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnsauce View Post
how did you queers find band members? i have like 2 albums of material written & recorded. had a drummer but the dude bailed on me. its hard to find people who care about music as much as you do, and everyone wants to be in a fucking rise record clone band. 8====D wish i could do vocals myself
It takes time... be patient, try to collaborate with like minded musicians, go to local shows and meet local bands, you gotta put yourself out there. Take music classes, people who tend to be passionate about the arts will take classes. Learn music outside of your comfort zone, jam with musicians that play this kind of music. Do the craigslist thing, but make this secondary to going out to shows and stuff. I was going my own thing for a while, met a drummer and started jamming with him. After almost a year a no progress, an opportunity arose in another band. I stopped jamming with the drummer after he didn't pay studio rent for like 3 months and was able to commit to the other band full time. Been very happy with what we've done so far.
..|..#....#.|
..\.....@...|
...\..._|_./
.../.......\______
../._______.___...\
..|_____...\...\__/
...|....\__/
...|.......|
...|.......|
...|.......|
...|.......|
...|.......|