SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   General Music Discussion (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=262)
-   -   GEAR DISCUSSION. Guitars, drums, amps, effects, etc.. (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=114976)

RyanFelix 04-09-2006 05:33 PM

GEAR DISCUSSION. Guitars, drums, amps, effects, etc..
 
No bullshit in this thread, no matter who starts it.

First of all, BTBAM's gear:

Here's all I know to the best of my knowledge. People: continue to add to this as new information arises.

Paul:

Ibanez S1625TKS guitar (previously, a 520WNF guitar w/ Ibanez v1 and v2 pickups on the s/t, same guitar with EMG 81/85 on the silent circus)
Mesa Dual Rectifier Rackmount
Korg Rackmount Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
BBE Sonic Maximizer (not in use, AFAIK)
Mesa standard-sized straight 4x12 cabs
Roland JC-120 jazz chorus
D'Addario 11-49 w/wound G string
Dunlop green .88 Tortex jazz picks (previously used Jazz III's)

http://www.betweentheburiedandme.com...l_65-01-01.jpg

Line6 DL4 Delay Modeller
Ibanez TS-1 Tubescreamer reissue
Boss RV-3 Digital Reverb
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Mesa footswitch
Whirlwind A/B Selector (to Jazz Chorus)

Paul, Tommy and Dusty and Dan eat: http://www2a.biglobe.ne.jp/~seki/images/tofu.jpg
(tofu... yum?)

Dusty:

Ibanez S1625FB (81/85 pickup configuration)
Mesa Dual Rectifier rackmount
dusties live settings...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...mpsettings.jpg
(thanks for the settings \m/, balthasar)

Rack"
ART PS4X4 Power Distribution Unit
Nady Pro XR-61 wireless
Korg rackmount tuner
Mesa standard 4x12 Slant Cabs cabs

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...e/DSCN0497.jpg
Korg backup Tuner
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss RV-3 Digital Reverb
Digitech Digidelay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
Boss TR-2 Tremolo* (not a phase shifter as thought before)
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
Mesa footswitch
a cane http://www.caneman2.com/36%20inch%20...2006_small.jpg
(thanks a TON for the pics, Balthasar)

Dan Briggs:
Spector NS-5XL 5-String
(He strings up with D'Addario EXL 160-5 Half-wounds)
Some Planet Waves locking strap dealie)

Sunn 300T
Ampeg 8x10

Effects:
DOD Bass Overdrive
Ibanez AD9 analog delay

Thanks Jimmy, and Dan himself!

Tommy:

Novation K-Station midi keyboard/synthesizer
Korg synth (anyone know the model?)
m-audio radium 49 key midi controller
Roland KC-500 keyboard amp
Shure beta 58 mic
Ibanez SC420 guitar (for writing riffs)
old shitty Crate from PFC days (")

Blake:

Pearl Masters Drums
Zildijan and Sabian cymbals
Vic Firth Sticks
Pearl Icon Rack DR-503
Roc n Soc throne
Dw 5000 double pedal

Kit arrangement:
http://www.betweentheburiedandme.com...MG_0022-01.jpg
Blake's favorite food: http://ssrlibrary.ca/~megatron/images/chick-fil-a.jpg


Again, continue to add to this to cut down on questions... everyone bother Dusty at shows to find out what's in his rack.

RyanFelix 04-09-2006 06:03 PM

And just because I'm a prideful person...my shit:
Haha
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...0_21764345.jpg

*RBD* 04-09-2006 06:14 PM

^lovely:)

The Primer 04-09-2006 07:10 PM

well, ryan

i really want to get a powerball but....

1. is it worth the money

2. are they fucking badass

mordecai666 04-09-2006 07:25 PM

ryan i just got my s1625 how do you change strings on it with the floating bridge.

*RBD* 04-09-2006 07:28 PM

work your way in. start tuning high E first, then go to low E. jus work your way in.

mordecai666 04-09-2006 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *RBD*
work your way in. start tuning high E first, then go to low E. jus work your way in.

do you have a 1625

asthesunsets 04-09-2006 08:30 PM

its common sense. the 1625 isnt the only guitar in the world with a floating bridge.

SHE'S HEROIN 04-09-2006 10:52 PM

read the instructions manual

cannibaL. 04-10-2006 12:21 AM

this is what i use

Ibanez S1625TKS guitar
Mesa Dual Rectifier Rackmount
Korg Rackmount Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Mesa standard-sized straight 4x12 cabs
Roland JC-120 jazz chorus
D'Addario 11-49 w/wound G string
Dunlop green .88 Tortex jazz picks

RyanFelix 04-10-2006 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Primer
well, ryan

i really want to get a powerball but....

1. is it worth the money

2. are they fucking badass

Well, it's a huge chunk of change, but if it's something you REALLY want then that won't matter much to you. Is it worth the money? Fuck yeah! It's only $100 more than a Mesa Triple Rectumfrier and, IMO, the PB does metal WAY better, does a great blues tone...it's seriously got the glassiest clean tone I've -ever- heard that wasn't from a Fender Twin, haha...It's a little tricky to find the tone you want. If you get a Powerball, be careful with the treble and bass settings. The amp has PLENTY of that, so I play with the bass and treble both at like, 11:30-ish. It's 6L6 powered, so the tone isn't going to be quite as warm and organic as like, a Marshall JCM.

Is it badass? Bro, it's one of the baddest-ass, most versatile, testicle-tickling amps out there!

*RBD* 04-10-2006 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asthesunsets
its common sense. the 1625 isnt the only guitar in the world with a floating bridge.

Not to sound rude or anything. But yea. And no, i dont own a s1625, but i do own a s520wnf. It has a floating bridge aswell.

teh Mazn 04-10-2006 08:03 AM

good to see this thread back.

BZM 04-10-2006 10:28 AM

lol ryan hijacked all my hard work, that asshole

RyanFelix 04-10-2006 02:35 PM

Psh, what are you talking about?

Everyone knows I wrote all that and gathered all the info on my own.

:P

RyanFelix 04-10-2006 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cannibaL.
this is what i use

Ibanez S1625TKS guitar
Mesa Dual Rectifier Rackmount
Korg Rackmount Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Mesa standard-sized straight 4x12 cabs
Roland JC-120 jazz chorus
D'Addario 11-49 w/wound G string
Dunlop green .88 Tortex jazz picks

rofl U hax0red teh Pual's shyt!1

BZM 04-10-2006 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *RBD*
Not to sound rude or anything. But yea. And no, i dont own a s1625, but i do own a s520wnf. It has a floating bridge aswell.

That's a completely different bridge.

The S1625 is equipped with a new Zero Resistance tremolo system, whereas the 520WNF is equipped with a Lo-Pro Edge (I believe, if it's anything similar to the S520FM).

-COMPLETELY- different bridge in terms of operation, adjustment, and mechanism... but not so different in changing the strings, which is inherent to every locking bridge.

Your Ibanez, Mordecai, should come with documentation that shows you how to restring and adjust your bridge, as well as Allan keys that help you do this. If you can't do it, just take it into someone at Guitar Center who isn't a retard.

*RBD* 04-10-2006 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BZM
That's a completely different bridge.

The S1625 is equipped with a new Zero Resistance tremolo system, whereas the 520WNF is equipped with a Lo-Pro Edge (I believe, if it's anything similar to the S520FM).

-COMPLETELY- different bridge in terms of operation, adjustment, and mechanism... but not so different in changing the strings, which is inherent to every locking bridge.

Your Ibanez, Mordecai, should come with documentation that shows you how to restring and adjust your bridge, as well as Allan keys that help you do this. If you can't do it, just take it into someone at Guitar Center who isn't a retard.

Yea, i know that it has a ZR. I was just talking about changing strings. :)

Savior 04-10-2006 06:02 PM

I figured this would be the best place to ask this. I'm looking to buy a new head. Something under 1100, preferably. I can't get Madison Divinity's off rocksolid anymore, and after reading reviews I'm somewhat turned off by them now anyway. I don't want a 5150. I want a decent metal amp.

*RBD* 04-10-2006 06:09 PM

I would say save up for a bit and go with a PowerBall.

Savior 04-10-2006 06:10 PM

Nah, I don't wanna spend that much on a head, because I also have to buy a new cab. If I get an ENGL it'll most likely be a Blackmore, though I don't wanna spend that much either.

*RBD* 04-10-2006 06:10 PM

Ahh i see:)

the fucking bunnies 04-10-2006 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mordecai666
ryan i just got my s1625 how do you change strings on it with the floating bridge.

FUCKING HAHAHAHAH

RyanFelix 04-10-2006 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the fucking bunnies
FUCKING HAHAHAHAH

What are you laughing about?

SHE'S HEROIN 04-10-2006 06:38 PM

get a racktifier on ebay!! ive never played a sweeter amp, atleast IMO.

mordecai666 04-10-2006 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BZM
That's a completely different bridge.

The S1625 is equipped with a new Zero Resistance tremolo system, whereas the 520WNF is equipped with a Lo-Pro Edge (I believe, if it's anything similar to the S520FM).

-COMPLETELY- different bridge in terms of operation, adjustment, and mechanism... but not so different in changing the strings, which is inherent to every locking bridge.

Your Ibanez, Mordecai, should come with documentation that shows you how to restring and adjust your bridge, as well as Allan keys that help you do this. If you can't do it, just take it into someone at Guitar Center who isn't a retard.

thanks i bought the guitar used so i just took it to a local music shop and they helped me

Braid 04-10-2006 11:17 PM

I saw that ryan has an orange amp...for the longest time I have debated whether or not to get that...opinions anyone?

BZM 04-10-2006 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braid
I saw that ryan has an orange amp...for the longest time I have debated whether or not to get that...opinions anyone?

ryan has an orange CAB, not an orange head, lol.

they make great* shit. But their heads aren't for metal.

Ryan has an ENGL head.

teh Mazn 04-10-2006 11:34 PM

a paradox.....




ryan, you retard.

mosh potatoes 04-11-2006 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savior
I figured this would be the best place to ask this. I'm looking to buy a new head. Something under 1100, preferably. I can't get Madison Divinity's off rocksolid anymore, and after reading reviews I'm somewhat turned off by them now anyway. I don't want a 5150. I want a decent metal amp.

look around on ebay for a single rectifier. for under 1100 it's definitely a great head. if you take the time and EQ it right you can get a great, tight metal tone. it's not just a metal amp either, you can get a variety of tones out of it. as for a cab, i've heard good things about the mesa 2x12.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SMNnews.com: 2002 -