SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   Spawn of Possession (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   new album ='s ownage (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=125746)

Cloaca 07-10-2006 07:28 AM

I just had one of the best listening experiences in a long long time. This album is.... well.... FUCKED!!! Best album so far this year, and I think I'm probably going to like this even more than Cabinet (fucking hard task!). Bryssling, Rondum, Karlsson and co, you are geniuses. Thank you.

Claude 07-10-2006 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloaca
I just had one of the best listening experiences in a long long time. This album is.... well.... FUCKED!!! Best album so far this year, and I think I'm probably going to like this even more than Cabinet (fucking hard task!). Bryssling, Rondum, Karlsson and co, you are geniuses. Thank you.

Next RoG team project? ;)

Cloaca 07-11-2006 07:54 AM

Maybe if we all start snorting serious amounts of coke....

Rottenatomy 07-11-2006 03:01 PM

Damn! what an album.

What a project. tabbing the the whole shit would take a fuckin decade.

xdevilbunny 07-11-2006 05:47 PM

Yeah, definitely my #1 album of the year, and that's saying a lot since I've heard upwards of 150 albums thus far!

sweetXmajestic 07-11-2006 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Beyond
limp bizkit... how original

there is no "hate"... i just feel the album sucked, go play warcraft.

Well yes, you are entitled to your opinion, and it is your right to express it openly across the Internet. I believe the only thing he was wondering is WHY you don't like the album. You can sit there all day and type that you think it sucks, but saying exactly why would save you agreat deal of remarks given from random members of these boards. Unless it's just negative attention you are seeking, possibly a bit of "let's go fuck with the members of the SOP board" (which happens all across the net), then don't bother. It's different when someone says that they don't like the album and give reasonable reasons why, perhaps it's too technical for their taste, they like slower pasted Death Metal, they production annoys them, etc. etc., but to flat out say it sucks is going to quite an extreme.

veshly 07-11-2006 09:29 PM

Great fucking cd. Like many people said, it'll take several listens to really take everything in and appreciate it fully. Love the drumming in My Own Greed, fucking excellent work overall. Got it this morning along with my brand spankin' new kick ass NOCTAMBULANT t-shirt. Gatta represent that shit fellas.

bryzz 07-12-2006 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obrien20
Damn! what an album.

What a project. tabbing the the whole shit would take a fuckin decade.

I have already tabbed noctambulant, but without the solos. i dont know if i can write them down perfectly. but it want take a decade to see the songs in tabb hehe,

Stugrog 07-13-2006 02:26 AM

Jag tror på fullt allvar att jag kommer ha Tabben innan jag har skivan... gjorde pree-order av Ruud i April och ytterligare en beställning av DW men har inte fått någon av dom... börjar tro att skivan inte finns, att det hela är en stor komplott OOooOOOooOOoo... Tabben kommer dessutom att få mig att sluta spela gura så det kanske är lika bra att den inte kommer ut i ljuset eller? hehe

bryzz 07-13-2006 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stugrog
Jag tror på fullt allvar att jag kommer ha Tabben innan jag har skivan... gjorde pree-order av Ruud i April och ytterligare en beställning av DW men har inte fått någon av dom... börjar tro att skivan inte finns, att det hela är en stor komplott OOooOOOooOOoo... Tabben kommer dessutom att få mig att sluta spela gura så det kanske är lika bra att den inte kommer ut i ljuset eller? hehe

hehe ja det är väl typiskt DW å va så seg. borde bara ta nån dag å skicka till malmö. vet inte vad ja ska göra med tabben ärligt talat, har absolut ingen lust å dutta in solona alltså, riktigt segt juh!

Stugrog 07-14-2006 02:20 AM

I was just informing my man Bryzz that I have not yet received my Noctambulant… haha But I spoke to DW last night and today I will get my package!!

The Beyond 07-16-2006 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetXmajestic
Well yes, you are entitled to your opinion, and it is your right to express it openly across the Internet. I believe the only thing he was wondering is WHY you don't like the album. You can sit there all day and type that you think it sucks, but saying exactly why would save you agreat deal of remarks given from random members of these boards. Unless it's just negative attention you are seeking, possibly a bit of "let's go fuck with the members of the SOP board" (which happens all across the net), then don't bother. It's different when someone says that they don't like the album and give reasonable reasons why, perhaps it's too technical for their taste, they like slower pasted Death Metal, they production annoys them, etc. etc., but to flat out say it sucks is going to quite an extreme.

"the whole album to me sounds like a million random riffs that dont go together in some ditch effort to be "tek"...."

read much?

i just dont understand what the big hipe is about.. no offence to anyone

DeadNote 07-17-2006 02:16 PM

Im still waiting for mine ....i now wonder if i'll ever get it.

DeadNote 07-18-2006 03:10 AM

I got my pre order......The artwork is just beautiful and same goes for the art on the cd itself.I think every song on the album is amazing and far more progressive then anything on cabinet im also enjoying the bass work on this album FAR more.Its really hard to pick just one stand out song but i think it would go something like (In My Own Greed ,Sour Flow ,Solemn They Await) Ive seen some say they dont like the disharmonics but i really enjoy them.Alot of the riffs on this album give me the feeling im listing to a very heavy and extreme jazz album of course theres the obvious parts but alot of the leads and structures in almost every song gives the impression of a jazz album.While i think all of sour flow is great the first 38 seconds is one of my favorite moments in all of death metal.It was well worth the 3 month wait..

tattooedsean777 07-19-2006 03:40 AM

woohoo, I love the new cd and that Displeased records took just 1 week to get it to me!!

PädyCorpsegrinder 07-20-2006 05:18 AM

I buy Noctambulant a time ago and I have to say,this album is killer!! Amazing riffs and great production.SoP are one of my favorite bands now.The next thing I have to buy is Cabinet!

sweetXmajestic 07-22-2006 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Beyond
"the whole album to me sounds like a million random riffs that dont go together in some ditch effort to be "tek"...."

read much?

i just dont understand what the big hipe is about.. no offence to anyone

Nah, sorry dude, I missed that. I obviously don't read slow enough, a lot of times I just "skim through".

crispy 07-23-2006 09:05 PM

I fucking love this album! It made me cream ma pants!!! hahah! I am just glad their albums don't seem to be getting shittier. That's how it goes usually but I really like this one!

EXHUMEtheDEAD 07-24-2006 12:01 AM

Honestly, as much as Noctambulant is the pwnzors...

Cabinet>Noctambulant

ChAAPY 07-24-2006 02:14 AM

because Cabinet has more rememberable and better songs. Noctambulant is still good of course.

xdevilbunny 07-24-2006 05:15 AM

Best album of 2006. I think as a whole it's better than Cabinet, but Cabinet has the better single songs. Either way, both are fantastic releases.

EXHUMEtheDEAD 07-25-2006 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChAAPY
because Cabinet has more rememberable and better songs. Noctambulant is still good of course.

Yes... even though Noctambulant is more technical, Cabinet has more head-banging moments IMO, and I like the vox a bit better... and the begining sample on Church of Deviance makes me cum everytime I hear it... I love incredible samples, and that is such a perfect sample

InvoluntarySlaughter 07-26-2006 01:36 AM

Both albums are amazing. And, to me at least, Noctambulant just seems so much darker than Cabinet. I mean the overall feel of the album. Dennis has some of the craziest vocal patterns I've heard ever. There's been a couple of times where I'm reading the lyrics and get lost because Dennis is so fucking crazy haha. I love both albums, but I'll take Noctambulant over Cabinet.

modern death 07-26-2006 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChAAPY

I think it's the exact opposite.
cabinet is still good of course, though.

ChAAPY 07-26-2006 04:57 AM

I will say this though, "Lash By Lash", "Sour Flow", "Dead & Grotesque", "In My Greed", and "Scorched" kick the shit out of anything on "Cabinet".

Chopped In Half 07-27-2006 08:04 PM

Sa rente en criss ste cd la !!

One of the best of 2006.

Faust06 07-29-2006 08:56 PM

Quote:

I believe the only thing he was wondering is WHY you don't like the album. You can sit there all day and type that you think it sucks, but saying exactly why would save you agreat deal of remarks given from random members of these boards.
There wasn't much hesitation in criticizing Necrophagist. Nobody should "have to" explain themselves, there should be no remarks regardless.

I like the album as a whole, but I do find alot of it is too random/atonal. It doesn't flow well enough.

sweetXmajestic 07-31-2006 03:23 PM

No they don't "have to", nobody "has to" do anything. I guess I just like to read peoples entire thought on things, why they think what they do, especially if it involves constructive criticism.

Grindmasterflesh 08-03-2006 07:11 AM

FINALLY IT ARRIVED! Shit! This even fucks Necrophagist! IT REALLY DOES! New kings of tech death are spawn of possession! I love that shit!

Keyser 08-09-2006 05:18 PM

Can someone help me? What instrument is played on the "Scorched" intro?