SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   Spawn of Possession (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   new album ='s ownage (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=125746)

Blasphemer 08-10-2006 01:18 PM

Yeah it's quite the masterpiece.

Leopold Stotch 10-02-2006 05:59 AM

Ok...
Some time and other bands releases in between, I still have to say that this is the best fucking record this year.
It has been a very long time since i used to listen to an album that often.

CannibalCarcass 10-16-2006 04:52 PM

I admit Spawn Of Possession are a pretty awesome band, but Necrophagist FAR surpass their puny writing skills. Sure, SoP can let out an endless barrage of random sounding technical guitar wankage, but they definitely have problems in the songwriting department. They rarely write memorably riffs, and simply choose to see how many random time signatures they can throw into a song. Done correctly, this can be very cool sounding, and SoP do accomplish this sometimes, but it can get very boring after a while. Meanwhile, Necrophagist songs are very well written and memorable. Sure, it's not as technical, but their innovative riffs and haunting solos more then make up for it. Oh, and by the way, Spawn Of Possession are not "the future of death metal". They are simply sped up versions of the many other tech death bands that sound just like them.

xdevilbunny 10-16-2006 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CannibalCarcass
I admit Spawn Of Possession are a pretty awesome band, but Necrophagist FAR surpass their puny writing skills. Sure, SoP can let out an endless barrage of random sounding technical guitar wankage, but they definitely have problems in the songwriting department. They rarely write memorably riffs, and simply choose to see how many random time signatures they can throw into a song. Done correctly, this can be very cool sounding, and SoP do accomplish this sometimes, but it can get very boring after a while. Meanwhile, Necrophagist songs are very well written and memorable. Sure, it's not as technical, but their innovative riffs and haunting solos more then make up for it. Oh, and by the way, Spawn Of Possession are not "the future of death metal". They are simply sped up versions of the many other tech death bands that sound just like them.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Necrophagist is the pointless wankery, not SoP. They are boring to listen to, unmemorable, and have released 1 decent album and 1 awful album.

I suggest you go back to listening to shitty music like Cannibal Corpse, and leave good stuff like this alone.

CannibalCarcass 10-16-2006 05:49 PM

First of all, you think one of the most successful and influential (not to mention widely respected) death metal bands of all time are "shitty"? Interesting.

It seems to me that you're just jumping on the SoP bandwagon (no offense to anyone who likes them). I simple can't see how you see Necrophagist as "boring". They vary the pace of their music, put on emphasis on songwriting, are technical, allow each member of the band to shine, and are altogether a refined, creative, and extremely talented band. SoP on the other hand, need some work in the creativity department. Although they obviously are able to write good riffs some of the time (the opening of Swarm Of The Formless as an example), most of the time it seems like it is the same recycled "ten-million-notes-a-bar" technical death. Necrophagist are technical, yes, but at least make each and every note count (the solo of Stabwound is one excellent example of this). Also, personally I think assuming I have bad taste in music just because I disagree with you is very immature.

Just my thoughts.

CannibalCarcass 10-30-2006 06:22 PM

I'd like to take this moment to say that I was more harsh then I meant to be in my first posts. I was just annoyed at all the Necro bashing, so I started bashing SoP as a form of "revenge", while I was defending one of my favorite bands. SoP are an amazing band, I just PERSONALLY prefer Necrophagist.

xdevilbunny 11-04-2006 11:32 AM

Good for you. You expect to come here and see everybody hailing Necrophagist and not caring about SoP? It's their forum, get with it genius.

Cannibal Corpse is shitty btw, yes. Boring too.

Mat_GorerottedAbuser 11-05-2006 12:51 PM

dunno if its been mentioned, but if your into techy death or whatever, seriously check out Dominions new album "Born God and Aware", or sample a track from UniqueLeaderRecords.com....

this bitchin about technicality is just that... bitchin.

CannibalCarcass 11-09-2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xdevilbunny
Good for you. You expect to come here and see everybody hailing Necrophagist and not caring about SoP? It's their forum, get with it genius.

Cannibal Corpse is shitty btw, yes. Boring too.

You are such a fucking idiot, I don't know if I'll ever get through to you. Of course it's a SoP forum. Does that mean that everyone here has to bash a death metal band that has been around for a long time, is very influential, and who's fans don't go around talking shit about SoP? I came here because I like Spawn of Possession's music. I HAPPEN to like Necrophagist more, so I lept to their defense when everyone was bashing them pointlessly. If you don't like Cannibal Corpse, keep your (minority) opinion to yourself about them. They are irrellevent to this discussion.

mikeb 11-10-2006 03:36 PM

just got my copy of the cd in the mail today. its fucking rocking my socks. :emot-wors hails to you spawn of possession :emot-wors

AvantHarde 11-12-2006 05:46 PM

Cabinet and Noctambulant are both equally incredible in my eyes...

Spawn of Possession are fucking brilliant'

Silverback 02-02-2007 07:07 AM

Spawn of Possession is the fucking shit! One of my favorite bands of all time... Music years ahead of it's time...

-KC

EchoesOfDecimation 02-02-2007 04:53 PM

Fuck yeah. The thing most people don`t comment on is the shostakovich influence in this. Its kinda what separates it from say a band like necrophagist.

Vriend 02-02-2007 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvantHarde (Post 2081316)

I totally worship these guys.

xdevilbunny 02-06-2007 04:19 AM

I do as well. Amazing band.

bryzz 02-15-2007 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 1917639)
Can someone help me? What instrument is played on the "Scorched" intro?

its 3 orchestral harps

Archaeon 02-15-2007 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vriend (Post 2207991)
I totally worship these guys.

Cloaca 02-18-2007 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryzz (Post 2230149)
its 3 orchestral harps

Yeah I thought there was more than two 'tracks' going on there. Cool.

crispy 02-18-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverback (Post 2207268)
Spawn of Possession is the fucking shit! One of my favorite bands of all time... Music years ahead of it's time...

-KC

Well put Silvs

Trust No One 04-23-2007 09:14 AM

hey guys, new to the board.

Noctambulant was easily the best Death Metal album of 06. I love it. The beginning of "Eve of Contempt"(second best song of 06, behind Suffocation's "Redemption") makes me so fucking hard. "Sour Flow" and "Solemn They Await" also blow my mind. I still listen to it on a regular basis.

gein 04-23-2007 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvantHarde (Post 2081316)

*agrees*:emot-LOL:

The Duff 08-26-2007 11:51 PM

One of my favourite death metal albums of all time, next to Necrophagist's ''Epitaph''. ''Cabinet'' was incredible, but this kicks it up several notches - every note is perfect!

fkoeils 12-18-2019 11:25 AM

Re: new album ='s ownage

What the fuck how do you have it i pre ordered that shit months ago.