SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   Demilich (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   Antti's Vocals (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=118524)

Toaster 05-01-2006 10:39 PM

Antti's Vocals

Does anyone know how Antti gets those insanely low guttural burps? I've tried using inhales, but I can't get the depth or thickness that his have. Any tips? Thanks to anyone who replies.

And yes, I have seen this. (From the message board)

"Thanks, for both praising and and stopping it rapidly.

About the vocals. It's not a secret, but "they" may have to kill you if I tell you. So, here we go: I didn't practice or decide to do it that way, it just happened. I think I didn't understand how grownling should have been done, and chose a completely different technique, which seems to be more natural to me, though.

I tilt my head a bit downwards (ie. jaw towards the chest), open up my throat as if I was vomiting, and force the sound out of the stomach, or at least it feels so. Obviously I blow the air from the lungs via the lower throat.

Then again, do what's natural to you. That leads to the best sound you'll get out of your body."

I just need to know where to go from there.

Transient 05-02-2006 06:24 AM

thats about as descript as its going to get. it sounds to me like hes not putting much force behind each word so dont strain yourself IE frank mullen

DeathMAX 08-31-2006 04:35 PM

No Idea on how Antti can made this ultra low gutturals -_-

The only sure things is that his voice is unique in all this fucking world :hbang32en

Cloaca 09-01-2006 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathMAX
The only sure things is that his voice is unique in all this fucking world :hbang32en

Ermitdemhut 08-17-2007 07:49 PM

The best moment of Antti's vocals are in the song "The Uncontrollable Regret of the Rotting Flesh", by 3.03 ... these garglings are insane. Unbelievable that they aren't done with effects. And Demilich says that they haven't used effects, I've got to trust this statement.

Cyuonut 08-22-2007 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ermitdemhut (Post 2480437)
The best moment of Antti's vocals are in the song "The Uncontrollable Regret of the Rotting Flesh", by 3.03 ... these garglings are insane. Unbelievable that they aren't done with effects. And Demilich says that they haven't used effects, I've got to trust this statement.

No, trust the real statement. No effects were used on Nespithe or The Echo, but I used them in a couple of places on the first demo. That part you're referring to is naturally made with effects. Sorry.

Defleshed by flieS 08-22-2007 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyuonut (Post 2485987)
No, trust the real statement. No effects were used on Nespithe or The Echo, but I used them in a couple of places on the first demo. That part you're referring to is naturally made with effects. Sorry.

effects or not.. i keep enjoying it over and over again.

Imrama 05-06-2008 04:33 AM

I would like to attend to the show they played on Henry's Pub in Kuopio on 2006, but I left Finland before this date, so... I will never know how Anti sings on stage. His vocals are great on Nespithe. I don't mind there were effects or not, I think and always will that it's monstrous the way he decided to record the vocals. Sometimes the conception and the result of an album is what is important, not the way they did :emot-look.

Curtain 10-24-2009 07:25 AM

I've been trying and I'm getting close to that style and depth, but it is truly unique and you can't really copy unique. Wouldn't want to copy.

Cyuonut 10-26-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curtain (Post 3352421)
I've been trying and I'm getting close to that style and depth, but it is truly unique and you can't really copy unique. Wouldn't want to copy.

My thoughts exactly. Why copy when you can do what you can do best, and achieve the best (and possibly even more original) result that way.

-agb