SMNnews Forums

SMNnews Forums (http://forums.smnnews.com/index.php)
-   Spawn of Possession (http://forums.smnnews.com/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   new album ='s ownage (http://forums.smnnews.com/showthread.php?t=125746)

crypticallyrecondite 06-22-2006 10:24 PM

new album ='s ownage

indeed it does. great job guys. you have outdone yourselves. easily the best thing to come out this year and will most likely be the best thing all year. very impressive. well worth the wait. i commend thee

DeadNote 06-22-2006 10:52 PM

What the fuck how do you have it i pre ordered that shit months ago.

Also if a mod could do something about this it would be great http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthr...54#post1816554

DeadInMagazines 06-23-2006 12:30 AM

I don't know, but I think I think in most states it is illegal to rip this many unborn babies from the womb.

This CD will herald a new era of technical death metal, and maybe it can show the folks in Origin and Necrophagist to actually write songs.

Extremis Invictus 06-23-2006 02:13 AM

Ya, I got mine too, best Death Metal of 2006.

EVE OF CONTEMPT is THE song.

Thank you Spawn for upping the bar again.

Dago 06-23-2006 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadInMagazines
I don't know, but I think I think in most states it is illegal to rip this many unborn babies from the womb.

This CD will herald a new era of technical death metal, and maybe it can show the folks in Origin and Necrophagist to actually write songs.

Necrophagist? Whats wrong with them?
I still need to listen to this though i know it will kick ass.

marduk1507 06-23-2006 11:08 AM

Quote:

Heh, shut up, Necrophagist owns.

DeadInMagazines 06-23-2006 11:23 AM

I have everything Necrophagist has released, I enjoy listening to them from time to time. I do beleive that they are too much fast too much of the time. They have some really amazing ass songs, Stabwound, Only Ash Remains, Seven, To breath In a Casket, Intestinal Incubation. It's just that it seems like writing something with syncopation has never cross their minds which hurts them alot, even though they are already a good band and pretty damn good musicians.

Same thing goes with Origin. That's why I like Beneath The Massacre, they take all the insane gravity blasting, technical guitar tapping/sweeping/squeelies riffing at insane speeds but actually carve out room for rhythm periodically in their songs.

That's not even the point, the new SoP is amazing as shit, the guitars are so intricate at times, it shows a real skill of writing that few bands show at all. Straight foward and bludgeoning at some parts, monolithic grooves at others, spuratic choas at others, but this murders Catholic priests the whole way through.

The intro and outro compositions are beautiful too.

I can't get over how good this fucking cd.

PoisontheWell 06-24-2006 12:57 AM

wow...i really want to hear this :(

noctambulant89 06-24-2006 03:23 AM

Quote:

That's not even the point, the new SoP is amazing as shit, the guitars are so intricate at times, it shows a real skill of writing that few bands show at all. Straight foward and bludgeoning at some parts, monolithic grooves at others, spuratic choas at others, but this murders Catholic priests the whole way through.

The intro and outro compositions are beautiful too.

I can't get over how good this fucking cd.

wow, amazing way to describe the new SoP, and i completely agree..
i this album will be in rotation of the few cds for my car and stereo in my room for quite a hefty time.. and then some. :hbang32en

Dago 06-24-2006 08:13 AM

damn it is really great. it's different and totally amazing

Cloaca 06-24-2006 10:32 AM

Fuck all you cunts that have heard Noctambulant already.

durrrral 06-24-2006 07:56 PM

indeed fuck all you that have it allready. i pre-ordered my shit also

InvoluntarySlaughter 06-24-2006 10:10 PM

God, I just want this to arrive already!!!!!!!

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inquest 06-25-2006 12:43 AM

Freaking terrific album. Its so intense and tight. And as for comparing it to Necrophagist, it may be "better" in some aspects but I see them as two different bands that slay me in different ways.

Lichtbringer 06-25-2006 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloaca
Fuck all you cunts that have heard Noctambulant already.

DeadNote 06-25-2006 02:01 PM

If you download this album Spawn themselves will kill you in your sleep Freddy style.If you pre ordered it couldnt wait and downloaded it then you fail at life and Sop will still kill you.

Suicide Machine 06-25-2006 03:56 PM

I pre ordered and am resisting the temptation to download it. must... hold... on.... God damn it, I'm hurting for this album. Make it arrive!

xdevilbunny 06-25-2006 09:48 PM

I pre-ordered it as well, and it hasn't gotten here. I couldn't stand hearing my buddies who don't pay for shit rave about it, so yeah, I downloaded it and it fucking rocks. I figure I paid for it already, why not download it? :/

Anyway, this album is THE BEST RELEASE of 2006. I've listened to it about 7 times already in 1 day, it's so good. Great job guys, you've outdone Cabinet!

Illapse 06-26-2006 03:43 AM

Holy bin laden , i think i just came 4 times. This is fucking spastically yummy goodness. Made my day:)

Lichtbringer 06-26-2006 10:28 AM

It's a bad way to start off a day finding no pre-order-package in your letter box.

Dago 06-26-2006 01:50 PM

With this album SoP has topped necrophagist.

xdevilbunny 06-26-2006 06:12 PM

Cabinet was miles ahead of anything Necrophagist has done anyway.

Spawn of Possession has topped Anata as my #2 death metal band with this album though :)

Vaginal.Infestation 06-26-2006 07:00 PM

Quote:

That's a very homosexual thing to say.

But Noctambulant is probably one of the best products that Death metal has gotten for couple of years.
It's something that hasn't been done before.
It's pure awesomeness, GREAT album. I love it.

DeadInMagazines 06-26-2006 11:21 PM

Homosexual? I didn't say that they were bad bands are they even wrote bad songs. I'm sorry I am not a total death metal head like yourself, listening to bands like Disavowed that all sound the same.

But you know, that's not my opinion or anything, let's make stabs at my sexual ity.

Bored 666 06-26-2006 11:41 PM

The new album is great, but I know it's going to take me a number of weeks to completely absorb it. I'm looking forward to it. I listen to it once a day.

Mister_Willy 06-27-2006 01:24 AM

what!!?? everybodys got it man!!

Album; come to canada now, mother fucker!!!!

sweetXmajestic 06-27-2006 03:47 PM

I just got mine on Monday finally and yes, pre-ordered it ages ago. I figured it would take 4-6 weeks from when the Neurotic site said they were shipping them, and it took about 4. I had been checking my mailbox daily waiting for that cd. I got my Deathchain "Deathrash Assault" cd on the same day so my week is now complete (musicaly anyways).

As for the cd, it's bad ass. The songs are a lot to take in all in jsut one spin because there really is a lot going on...but did you expect anything less coming out of SOP? I didn't think so. Yes, the guitar is technical, but the songs aren't written so complex that you get lost in them. SOP have a way of finding a perspective medium between those two qualities. Man the fucking riffage on this cd, it's massive. That "jazz like" outro on Sour flow threw me for a surprise, but the name fits that song fully. I like how the individual drums stick out a bit more on this cd, but the bass isn't as prominant as it was on the previous release, I actually turned my bass up a bit more then I normally would.

And I agree wtih Inquest up there when he/she says that both bands slay me in different ways. Necrophagist lean a little more on the melodic/progressive side. Sure they are still brutal as hell, but obviously both bands have many differences. I really enjoy Necrophagist because they found the perfect blend of technicality and melody. They're high on my favorite band list. As for SOP topping Necrophagist? I think it's actually all in musical taste, it's all in the qualities you look for in a band. We could argue about that for weeks. I like Necrophagist because I think they DO have the songwriting skills and are still technical as hell. The riffage is speedy and noodley but there's still an underlying balance that makes them not seem too chaotic where it is just noise to my ears. SOP have that same quality but go about it in a more brutal way.

DeadNote 06-27-2006 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetXmajestic
And I agree wtih Inquest up there when he/she says that both bands slay me in different ways. Necrophagist lean a little more on the melodic/progressive side. Sure they are still brutal as hell, but obviously both bands have many differences. I really enjoy Necrophagist because they found the perfect blend of technicality and melody. They're high on my favorite band list. As for SOP topping Necrophagist? I think it's actually all in musical taste, it's all in the qualities you look for in a band. We could argue about that for weeks. I like Necrophagist because I think they DO have the songwriting skills and are still technical as hell. The riffage is speedy and noodley but there's still an underlying balance that makes them not seem too chaotic where it is just noise to my ears. SOP have that same quality but go about it in a more brutal way.

I agree 100%....I just think necro has the full package as far as all the members really standing out, really its just the bass missing from SOP IMO.

mikeb 06-27-2006 05:56 PM

i want this cd
i feel bad for not pre-ordering

xdevilbunny 06-27-2006 11:30 PM

The reason Spawn of Possession is better than Necrophagist is simple. They aren't technical to the point of annoying wankery(see: Necrophagist). They can be amazingly technical and brutal at the same time, without going into annoying "deedley-doodley" solo's all the time.

If I wanted to hear technical wankery, i'd be listening to Dream Theater ;)