New Iron Maiden Album News

Adrian Smith talked to Metal Hammer about the next IRON MAIDEN album, one-upmanship between members and whether they will call it a day after 15 records.

MH: Talking to everybody else, the attention seems to be now turning to a new album…

Adrian Smith: “Yeah, we were talking about it briefly the other day and I’ve been thinking about it every day since because there are so many ways we can go with it. It’d be nice if we had the songs now and we could come off tour and go straight into the studio match-fit, as it were. Usually we have a long time off, and the way we play in the studio is as live, so it’s always a bit tense at first because we haven’t played for six months. I’d ideally like to go in [soon]. Again, it’s a day-to-day thing, you go in, take it as you find it, try and do the best job you can.”

Read whole interview here.

1. Anonymous says:

Most overrated band of all time.

2. lulzlo says:

wish i could have seen them somewhere in time era

3. Rob says:

Most overated band of all time? Don’t make me laugh, that’s a pathetic comment. Just because you don’t like what they do. They have influenced a lot of bands and will continue to do so and live they are still energetic and still fit enough to run around which is great. I will look forward to a new album, every single song they have done has been a masterpiece! And long may it continue.

Up The Irons!

4. Anonymous2 says:

“Most overrated band of all time.”

Tom Petty, Garth Brooks (shudder), and many others.

But not Iron Maiden, they are underrated if anything.

Note: I like Tom Petty, but he’s overrated. Garth Brooks I fucking hate, and lost I faith in humanity when I found he sold more albums in the US than anyone else before the beatles released their anthology on CD.

5. Anonymous says:

you’re fucking right! every single song maiden has maked, is a masterpiece. Every single song, and i mean all of them!

6. Anonymous says:

most overrated band of all time? What kind of lunatic would like metal or rock and say that about one of the best bands ever lived. Just about every album they wrote is a masterpiece. They didn’t get the number 1 spot on the charts twice for nothing, and if anything it should be WAY more than two.

7. Anonymous says:

Look what we have today! My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, why is there hardly any band these days that actually have talent?! Thank god iron maiden are still going to keep the world alive.

8. Anonymous says:

Iron maiden is the greatest band of all time hope the new album will be amazing like all the others can’t wait till they go on tour again after the album gonna try to go to every show!!!!!!!

9. maiden fan says:

not only am i stoked about the music… i can’t wait to SEE the actual album, iron maiden have always had the best album art, can’t wait to see what eddie looks like this time.

p.s. iron maiden are far from overrated, there music is epic and the music of today is just a bunch of self-proclamed gangsters talkin bout how they fucked a hoe and busted a cap in her ass

10. Anonymous says:

Maiden are far from overrated, they’ve had to work fukin hard to get where they are, if it wasn’t for maiden most metal bands wouldn’t be here today!

11. 4Dime says:

Choke up on your bull crap wussy comments about Maiden. ”Fools rush in where angels fear to tread”. Say it to their face cowards. Bottom line is there no one out there really playing bad ass music anymore. The new tards listen to crap that’s not even played but manufactured on PC programs and keyboards. I cant Imagine the rush a person would get being on stage with these guys. Just listening lets me accept the fact that no matter who you work for or what country I fight for, no one can keep me down. I always have my guitar and maiden in my head. That my friends is what counts. Don’t think for a second that I will trash my tapes cause they wont play anymore either. Those bad boys got me through the golden years!

12. vladimir canada says:

iron maiden is the best band .

13. Anonymous says:

Most overrated band of all time? *sigh* Do you even like metal?…

14. Codysuppintheirons says:

there’s no way they could possibly be overrated. they never had the mainstream radio support that pretty much every other known band has. i think i’ve heard iron maiden on the radio maybe 3 times sadly enough. anyways, saw em in april down in south florida, and i had chills the whole time. GREAT performance, and of course

UP THE IRONS !,,!

15. anonymous says:

Overrated? Well, as many have said, you suck major balls when you say that… I dont like every maiden songs, but they have some that are REALLY good… But even when i listen to the songs, that i dont like, i can still hear talent in it. Yes, many bands are too underrated, but that doesnt make THIS band overrated. Most of the metal genre is underrated in my opinion.

16. Metal says:

Who is it, that has commented at the beginning, why did not admin delete that crap of a comment!! Overrated!! Huh, now that’s a good laugh!! as a matter of fact Iron Maiden is quite underrated!! Because of being British!! Metallica should be below Iron maiden by a thousand miles!! Maiden did not lose what they had 30 odd years ago!! Metallica lost it all!! Moreover, a new Iron maiden album means something a bit different and more innovative than before!! It is evident that Maiden will not last forever!! at least from now!! So every fucking new album means a lot us!! The younger fans!! So please don’t write crap about Maiden it becomes emotional!!!

17. MAIDEN IS UNDERATED!!!!! says:

Dude…
    Are you serious. Overated. I’m sorry man, but Iron Maiden is underated. I’m only 13 and even in this jacked up era of music I stay strong with the Irons. They have got to be in their 50′s or 60′s and look at them live. New bands quit super young, and they put on some pretty bad shows. If you were at that Rockallatapus show you can see that the new bands sucked, and that the other artists from back in the day,(Judas Priest, Whitesnake) put on a great show. I met Lobin Esperence from Papa Roach and he was a dick. At the Namm show I met Nicko McBraine, Iron Maiden’s drummer, and he has got to be one of the nicest guys i’ve ever met. Tesla’s guitar player Frank Hannon has a band called the Frank Hannon Band, and my dad Dan McNay is the bass player for it so I think I know a lot about music, so get your head out of your ass and listen to one of Iron Maidens albums.

18. chris says:

most overrated band of all time my arse, theyre the best band ever and the douch who left that comments a douch

19. killjoynst420 says:

There no fucken good music no more we have to bring back metal man!!!!
    oh yah Up the Fuckin Irons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. jate.d says:

dude,
    listening to maidens is a gift from god.i wish there were any bands who could even dream of competing the maidens.even the best of the greatest bands have covered their songs.