Tub Ring – Release Statement About Incident Between Them and Black My Heart
TUB RING have released the following explanation about the confrontation that took place between them and BLACK MY HEART at a recent show:
Carmel, IN 3-11-2006
- Tub Ring plays last out of 6 bands. All are hardcore / straight edge.
- Tub Ring sets last 35 minutes, no banter between songs, TR plays song to song to song, non-stop. NOTHING was said to the audience through the PA except right before TR starts playing… when jokingly TR remarks “you are going to need to listen to Elton John for a week to get all that hardcore out of your systems”
- Tub Ring plays for about 20 minutes, as TR plays, members of all the opening hardcore bands gathering on both sides of the stage watching TR play. FULL bottles of water begin to be thrown @ TR by these band members, then… a metal lock box, then out of nowhere a HUGE barstool is hurled, which hits TR’s guitarist JEFF, breaking the headstock off of his guitar. Another chair hits Rob in the head, and then smashes his keyboard up.
- Tub Ring stops playing, and bassist Trevor follows fleeing hardcore band
assailants out into the hall behind the stage. Trevor confronts a dozen or so band members – not knowing who had thrown the barstool… and asks “what was that all about, and who’s paying for that guitar?” – he is met by numerous responses including “you talk SH*T about hardcore, that’s what you get”. Trevor is then HEADBUTTED by Wheeler (singer of “Black My Heart”) leaving both of them with bleeding cuts. Trevor now needs stitches on his face.
- All 5 hardcore bands begin to flee the scene, but thanks to a couple of quick thinking TR fans, their vans get boxed in the parking lot. Cops arrive & take pictures of the damage to Tub Ring’s equipment and of Trevor’s injuries, and Wheeler singer of “Black My Heart” is arrested and taken to jail. Nobody could confirm who actually had thrown the barstool which broke Tub Ring’s equipment, but when asked all members of all 5 bands were heard to respond with comments such as “that’s what you get for talking SH*T about hardcore” or “you’re lucky the cops are here now or else we’d finish you off”.
if anyone wants to dispute this story, or wants to claim TR said ANYTHING @
all derogatory about any of the HC bands or the SE way of life from stage that night… we have video of the whole show available shot by a fan.
Unfortunately the video did not have an angle which can identify the person
who threw the barstool.
Just a side note – when TR members asked the H/C band memebers “what did we say about H/C music that offended you?” – none of them even knew. None of them even brought up the Elton John statement, they all just said “we heard you were talking shit about H/C + S/E”